Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

(new thread started for reorganised event) Sunny Coast Show and Shine

8K views 63 replies 30 participants last post by  geeyoutoo 
#1 ·
Seeing as getting the right tides for a group to run up Teewah to DI Point on a weekend is not proving that easy, I wonder if another event (not a replacement BTW, but an addition that could be had on virtually any weekend) would be supported. I'm thinking of a Sunny Coast Show and Shine and I'm thinking a Saturday, seeing as my US project was cancelled I have some time on my hands and need something to keep me off the streets :).

The last one we had was in Brisbane a couple of years ago and I and a few others from here met up and had a convoy down so some of you Brisbaneites could do the reverse trip to here :), even a few NSW guys came up for that one (Shane3.0 springs to mind).

No venue in mind yet and no date either, I'm after expressions of interest before I go and open my big mouth. Maybe we could get some suppliers to attend, who knows.

What do you reckon????????

#31 ·
Have checked out a few places today and have made contact with Sunny Coast Council, lets see where we go from here, could take some time to get something concrete, will let you know as we go.

#35 ·
I have based requirements on up to 45 vehicles attending throughout the day, and yes Wade that was my first choice after my drive around and the one I based my application on. There is another that would be my second choice if this goes tit's up, I know the issues that the guy's went through to get the Brisbane one up a few years ago, insurance requests and all sorts of things can be thrown in the way, hopefully not here.

#37 ·
OK have heard back and we can get that carpark on Sat 12th of April (then it's not available again until Sept) and it will cost us $318 for 10 hours ($159 for 4 hours) and I would need to act fairly quickly to get the booking, other venues were put forward but costs were prohibitive so far. I'm going to Nambour Show Ground tomorrow for a look at an option but it's going to cost I think.

Re the first option if we get 40 vehicles then an admittance of around $8.00 would be in order.

Is April 12 too quick? do we wait for Sept? or does anyone know of another venue being available, remembering we need toilets as a basic. I have the listing of council charges now and some are right up there for obvious reasons.

Feedback please.......

#51 ·
OK have heard back and we can get that carpark on Sat 12th of April (then it's not available again until Sept) and it will cost us $318 for 10 hours ($159 for 4 hours) and I would need to act fairly quickly to get the booking, other venues were put forward but costs were prohibitive so far. I'm going to Nambour Show Ground tomorrow for a look at an option but it's going to cost I think.

Re the first option if we get 40 vehicles then an admittance of around $8.00 would be in order.

Is April 12 too quick? do we wait for Sept? or does anyone know of another venue being available, remembering we need toilets as a basic. I have the listing of council charges now and some are right up there for obvious reasons.

Feedback please.......
Gee,

Just a suggestion but every weekend Bunnings Stores hold sausage sizzles for local sporting clubs and the like, maybe be it would be possible to see if they could flag off a section of carpark for our group, and we could donate our $10 entry to whatever club is holding the sausage sizzle on the day. That way we all get together and check out 4X4's and our money would go to someone greatful, instead of lining the pockets of council for the use of a 'PUBLIC' carpark.

either way i will be there,

Cheers

#39 ·
I'm in for the $10 as a spectator. I say go with April 12th - it's a week before Easter so hopefully anyone going away at Easter can make it.

#40 ·
I'll leave it open till the morning and see what reaction we get, I'll go back to her tomorrow. I've got to pay something up front, haven't got details yet, I'm not worried about that just worried I'll get stuck with it if no one turns up :).

Nambour was going to cost over a grand if I couldn't prove it was a not for profit organisation and even then it was still twice the price of this one. I'm going over anyway just to have a look.

#43 ·
Same day as the 'Roothy farewell party' at LCMP. Not sure whether that will affect numbers. Either way I'm rostered on that weekend, so won't be able to make it.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

#47 ·
Im still keen and happy to pay a fee for the day mate, as long as going through the council doesn't mean that the department of transport and the like will be lined up ready to go over everyones vehicles

#49 · (Edited)
Can I bring my faded paint, battle scarred, dirt covered Jeep???
Yep!

You'll never please everyone with dates when it comes to an event. The only way to pull off something like this is to set a date, and wear it. Not my call, and I'm sorry to see the "can't make it" responses so far, but there is always someone who can't make it - sorry. Your call Gee.

#50 ·
Yep!

You'll never please everyone with dates when it comes to an event. The only way to pull off something like this is to set a date, and wear it. Not my call, and I'm sorry to see the "can't make it"s so far, but there is always someone who can't make it - sorry. Your call Gee.
Thy shall play with thy roster at work on thy computer. I need a good day out to meet up. Went to.the last show and shine bayside down here. It was a great day. I'll.come for the drive. I'm in for sure. A lot of you I want to meet.

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using Tapatalk 2

#58 ·
Sorry to be a pain guy's but I'm probably going to pass on that vacancy I spoke of on the 12th, there were a lot of other considerations, have 2 other sites in mind nearby that seem to have better vacancy times and I won't get any feedback on them for another week or so.

Will get back when I have something more concrete, was thinking today we are going to need some judges and Squalo/Rastus would be the perfect combination :).

So the next meetup is the run up Teewah on Sat the 15th March. Reminder in Sunny Coast get together thread.

#62 ·
Still under consideration considering venues, costs and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.