Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Rear table and cargo tidyup -pic warning

9K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Yella 
#1 · (Edited)
Well being a long weekend, i thought i would use the time to tidy up the back of the patrol.

Here is my previous setup, which had cargo barrier, custom storage above wheel arches, sub, 3rd battery and 30A 24-12v battery charger and car amp.

It made good use of space, but due to my changing needs and want to build a set of draws and make place to sleep it no longer suited.

After removing all the crap.

I know there have been plenty of these fold down camping tables done, but hey. Its a first for me. I was inspired by the $95 draw thread on here and fell in love with the look of rubber chequerplate.

Materials used:

1) 12mm 5 ply, 800x380mm for table
2) about 1.4m of 1.5m wide rubber chequerplate from clark rubber
3) 2 torneau cover style straps from BCF
4) 2 short lengths of chain from bunnings
5) some stainless steel boating hardware from BCF to attach the chain
6) 2 caulk tubes of liquid nails
7) 3 door hinges from bunnings
8) various screws
9) some heatshrink tubing i had lying around on the chain to pimp it.

the table was just measured against the rear door to make use of the largest amount of space i could. Cut with a jigsaw, then trimmed to make it fit, when the rear door wouldnt close.

While i was building the table i decided to rip off all the interior trim from the cargo area/rear doors and replacing it with the rubber. This was as simple as ripping off the vinyl, and using the bare door trim as a template to cut out the rubber.

The rubber was just glued with liquid nails onto the trim panels, with all the pop studs still attached, then simply popped back into place.

Next I'll be building some rear drawers/bed base but that will prob be some time off.
Let me know what you think

Cheers
Jeff

See less See more
#8 ·
Cheers for the replies/comments guys, yeah im pretty happy with how it turned out.

as for 'stealing' the idea...I saw the stuff for the first time myself on the $95 draw buildup, and thought "that looks cool". So be my guests! :p

Here's the thread i found it on.

http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29598

When i build up my draws/bed base i will be using it again.

Jeff

#10 ·
Looks great......

I agree though that maybe the chains would be a pain with the rattling.

I have a table on my rear door much the same. I went to Bias Boating and used their tools to make myself some stainless rope instead of using chain. Bias is a chain of boat chandlery stores. There are different diameter stainless ropes to choose from. The tools are there to use no charge. All of the bits and pieces needed are there. I bought some stainless saddles to attach cable to.

I don't have photos at this stage ( mainly because I have no idea how to post them lol ), but I will try asap.

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.