wiring up of tjm winch solenoid?? - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > General Technical Discussions > Auto Electrical

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-08-2011, 04:08 PM

Default wiring up of tjm winch solenoid??

Ive just recently installed my tjm 9500lbs onto the patrol but i was wandering if anyone could help me and explain how to wire the winch up? I have a blue, yellow, long red and short red and the earth wires. I know the earth goes to the battery and the smaller earth wire bolts to the chasis and i think the long red wire goes from the battery to the winch?? and the yellow blue and other red wire bolt to the winch as they are obviously the directional wires for the motor but where abouts do they bolt to on the control box?? in terms of what terminals they bolt to?? And another question i had was does it matter what side the winch bolts to on the bull bar? i Have the gearbox on the passenger side and the electric motor on the drivers side? and also does it matter where the control box mounts or where have others mounted it? i was thinking of running longer cables and mount it in the engine bay? any help would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-08-2011, 04:48 PM

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Mavtroll

surely it came with destructions???
Old 24-08-2011, 05:45 PM
Doing it twice

Garage

Gday mate, as Mavtroll said no instructions is piss poor, second hand?

Anyway, here is a pic of my wiring diagram. They are pretty much the same. Basic wiring.

02 Volkswagen Golf daily

Cheers, les
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-08-2011, 05:49 PM

yeh sorry forgot to mention it was second hand off ebay so no instructions.
Old 24-08-2011, 05:51 PM

do u know what terminals off the control box these all connect mine are numbered 1 to 5 on the control box and there is 3 +ve terminals on the winch and one -ve terminal
Old 24-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Doing it twice

Garage

I'll take some more pictures of my wiring diagram, hopefully it helps

02 Volkswagen Golf daily

Cheers, les
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 24-08-2011, 09:38 PM

Garage

Terminal 1 on solenoid box is yellow and under nuts on one of motor terminals you will find yellow
Terminal 2 is little earth wire to motor earth from solenoid box. Can also be used for incab isolator switch
Terminal 3 is long red to battery positive
Terminal 4 is short red to red motor terminal
Terminal 5 is blue to blue motor terminal

Hope this helps and I'm right. Going off of memory. Did this last weekend. Can call your local TJM store too for help
Long black goes from negative terminal on battery to earth screw on side of motor. This screw is on the motor face 90 degrees to the motor terminals
Old 25-08-2011, 11:24 AM

cheers for the help guys should have it wired up this weekend after i get the new rope and controller from the 4wd and adventure show at eastern creek tomorrow hopefully they may have a bargain or 3 thanks once again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification