Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1/4 glass, pain in the ass

916 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  steeples1 
#1 ·
some one would have spoken about this at some stage. But how the hell do you get the 1/4 glass in and out of the rear doors:headwall:

#3 · (Edited)
Not to hard i will remove mine to show you...
Once you have removed the handles door card and plastic wind the window down until you can see these two screws then remove them. Once that's done wind the window regulator full down and lower glass. be careful as the window glass can drop by itself now that it is disconnected from the regulator.
To protect the glass and tint i place a rag between the two.

You nee to remove this seal so the 1/4 glass can slide out, its held in with 5 clips.

seal removed showing clips.

Pull the bailey channel out. you don't have to completely remove it just pull it out of the top and rear channels.

remove two rear channel bolts and screw that's under the door seal at the top.

Top screw under seal.

Pull the channel forward. When you do this the main glass will come loose and fall to the bottom of the door so be prepared for that.
Then slide the channel forward to make room for the 1/4 glass to come out.

Grab the the 1/4 glass from both sides and try and pull it forward. It will be tight and you will probably have to move from top to bottom to rock the window and seal out as one. A bit of water between the seal and frame will help . You need to move it far enough forward so it can drop down and come out.

oh did i say getting it out was the easy bit.
holding the main glass in its front channel as you try and maneuver the rear one back in is a bit of a juggle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.