Looking at a 2010 3.0L GU7 Patrol - Thoughts? - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > General Patrol Forums > Buying a Nissan Patrol

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2017, 10:37 AM

Default Looking at a 2010 3.0L GU7 Patrol - Thoughts?

Hey all,

First post to the Patrol4x4 forum - looking for some thoughts on a Patrol I'm interested in.

2010 Nissan Patrol GU7 3.0L CRD, 116000 on the clock, $24k (will knock that down a bit) - Carsales link below.

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/d...3132735/?Cr=11

I've read a lot about quite a few of the older DI models being prone to some issues; what I can gather they improved after mid 2004 (or the GU3 models), and the '07 on wards CRD engines were better again. Trading my Chrysler in on it - missing owning a Patrol ever since I sold my GQ.

Whats the thoughts on the longevity of the 2010 3.0L CRDs - granted it hasnt been thrashed? Plus, whats some key signs I should look for giving the troll a check over before buying? Will get a mechanic to inspect it as well but for my own piece of mind
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2017, 11:54 AM
--- The Rodfather ---

Thanked 5,102 Times in 3,604 Posts
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevans View Post
Hey all,

First post to the Patrol4x4 forum - looking for some thoughts on a Patrol I'm interested in.

2010 Nissan Patrol GU7 3.0L CRD, 116000 on the clock, $24k (will knock that down a bit) - Carsales link below.

I've read a lot about quite a few of the older DI models being prone to some issues; what I can gather they improved after mid 2004 (or the GU3 models), and the '07 on wards CRD engines were better again. Trading my Chrysler in on it - missing owning a Patrol ever since I sold my GQ.

Whats the thoughts on the longevity of the 2010 3.0L CRDs - granted it hasnt been thrashed? Plus, whats some key signs I should look for giving the troll a check over before buying? Will get a mechanic to inspect it as well but for my own piece of mind
At the top of the page your thread is in, is a sticky about buying a ZD30, it covers all commonly known issues and the CRD doesn't really rate a mention because they are fine as long as your not buying a thrashed or trashed one. The only real issue with the CRD is varying fuel eco and the fact that like all CRD makes, fuel quality can be an issue.

Why not go into our new members section and introduce yourself?

My Album
My Build
My Channel
ZD30DI Tech Archives
NADS, So You Bought a ZD30DI
My Dawes valve works fine! Where did I go wrong? .

Domestic Violence Has No Excuse, Rugby League Players Are Not Above The Law.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to geeyoutoo For This Useful Post:
Sevans (06-01-2017)
Old 06-01-2017, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevans View Post
Hey all,

It will be a good thing even if thrashed.
I put mine up as an example.
They love it, and so will you
Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to MaxChickens For This Useful Post:
Sevans (06-01-2017)

Old 06-01-2017, 01:24 PM

Almost impossible to thrash a CRD auto. They can't be hurt by revving and they won't lug as the auto will change back.

That one looks like it's in pretty clean condition, maybe a Gov't department foreman's car, except for the wheels. Can't see cars well in photos, though, or smell them or check underneath.
The Following User Says Thank You to ACMPatrol For This Useful Post:
Sevans (06-01-2017)
Old 06-01-2017, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeyoutoo View Post
At the top of the page your thread is in, is a sticky about buying a ZD30, it covers all commonly known issues and the CRD doesn't really rate a mention because they are fine as long as your not buying a thrashed or trashed one. The only real issue with the CRD is varying fuel eco and the fact that like all CRD makes, fuel quality can be an issue.

Why not go into our new members section and introduce yourself?
Missed that first sticky post - thanks for the heads up . Heading over to introduce myself now.

Cheers for the positive steering guys, definitely pretty keen to get into one!
Old 10-01-2017, 02:39 PM

We have a 2011 GU7 and love it. Tackles everything we throw at it, spends up to two months a year living on the beach, tows our trailer, easy to modify and get parts and tough as nails. I know many people with 3.0 crds and none have any problems and some have well over 300,000klms on them without a problem. Get it looked over first, as with any car, and if all good go for it.
The Following User Says Thank You to RALPHMCPHERSON For This Useful Post:
Marko_SJ (16-02-2017)