newbie buying 6.5L chev - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > General Patrol Forums > Buying a Nissan Patrol

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-10-2016, 07:53 PM

Talking newbie buying 6.5L chev

Hey everyone,
I'm currently in the market for a (my first) 4x4. I've found a patrol wagon locally with an n/a chev diesel in it. The car itself is a 98 model with around 250k on the body and about 55k on the motor. It has every mod I could ever dream of doing to a 4x4 for touring and getting out and about camping etc.
Ive read the n/a motors are lacking in power and wouldn't mind getting some kind of forced induction down the track weather that be a turbo or supercharger.
So basically I'm just after some input on others experiences with these conversions and wondering if anyone has converted one from n/a to turbo/supercharger.

Thanks, Mitch.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-10-2016, 09:23 PM

Sounds like it got yourself a quite a bit of machinary.
Where u from
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 27-10-2016, 01:53 AM

everything from turbo motor will switch over to your N/A

N/A motor has the piston squirters blocked off and has smaller inlet pre-cups.. All of which can be changed to turbo spec,

Old 27-10-2016, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joet View Post
Sounds like it got yourself a quite a bit of machinary.
Where u from

I'm from From Launceston in Tasmania. Its been set up really well ! Twin locked, dual battery, bullbar, winch, twin swing away spare wheels, roof rack, hot water transfer under the bonnet for a shower and comes with rooftop tent, awning and a fridge plus more I've probably missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredycruger View Post
everything from turbo motor will switch over to your N/A

N/A motor has the piston squirters blocked off and has smaller inlet pre-cups.. All of which can be changed to turbo spec,

Yeah the bloke who has it now gave the guys at Brunswick diesels a call and looked into it a bit but just couldn't justify the costs of doing it. They were going to send a box down with everything he needed to get it done and were really helpful apparently. I know with the turbo setup I'd have to re locate the second battery to under the car somewhere but that also came with everything you needed to turbo it.
Old 27-10-2016, 07:38 PM
Master Coalroller

Garage

Look into supercharging it. There's a bit going on with this angle in QLD somewhere. Nice and simple.
I'd stay away from Brunny and their kits.
Trust me, turboing is a lot of work to get right even when you've bought a genuine turbo 6.5
Old 27-10-2016, 10:27 PM

Default newbie buying 6.5L chev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boundry Rider View Post
Look into supercharging it. There's a bit going on with this angle in QLD somewhere. Nice and simple.

I'd stay away from Brunny and their kits.

Trust me, turboing is a lot of work to get right even when you've bought a genuine turbo 6.5

I had a quick look on the net and a good (well what I thought was a good one) supercharger kit is about $7-8k. I was more thinking supercharger, but I'm open to either really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 28-10-2016, 03:40 AM

Supercharge Your 6.5 Diesel
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fredycruger For This Useful Post:
Boundry Rider (28-10-2016), Mitcht (01-11-2016)