Wife is really getting into photograph. Thoughts please guys - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Caravaning, Camping and Equipment > Camping and Caravaning Photography and Locations

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-03-2017, 10:17 AM

Send a message via MSN to ravos patrol
Default Wife is really getting into photograph. Thoughts please guys

Well as the title says the wife has really been getting into photography,

Bought her some fancy bits of gear to take some pics.

Ill share of the more recent pictures and please share your thoughts guys, All feedback would be great.

Handbrake is wanting to do more shoots for people and more family shots.

She has decided to call her self Yours, Mine and Ours photography. This is a combined family name we call our hours lol. We have kids to x-partners and we have kids together so it is very fitting.

1998 GU Wagon - Used for work
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-03-2017, 10:17 AM

Some 4wding pics

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 20-03-2017, 10:34 AM

Photography is a great hobby and a collection of life's experiences. These shots are a good start, but like most hobbies and sports, you've got to keep at it to improve, get experience, and lots of enjoyment. The best advice I can give her is to take her camera everywhere with her. Shoot lots of images of everything, and experiment. Soon, using the camera with become "second nature", and her pictures will get better with ever shot. Enjoy.
The Following User Says Thank You to bazzaboy For This Useful Post:
Bekah (20-03-2017)

Old 20-03-2017, 07:49 PM

Thanks bazza boy,

Yeah she takes the camera every were and is always clicking away. She has always loved taking photos but only recently have i bought her a camera that was worthy of sharing the pics.

She wanted to try some different shots in different light so we took the 4wd out and here is what she come up with.

The Following User Says Thank You to ravos patrol For This Useful Post:
swinnyy (28-05-2017)
Old 20-03-2017, 08:15 PM
Rogue

Thanked 1,967 Times in 1,405 Posts
Garage

I'm not photographer, but I find photography one of those personal taste things.

I think your wife has a good eye for context, but maybe ups the contrast a touch too much for my liking in post processing. But as said, each to their own they still look great.

What camera and lens is she using? I found moving away from the kit lens I got with my camera was surprisingly good for image quality and style. I like my Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 on my KS2 for most my outdoor stuff.

I think this one's my favourite

I used to have Patrols

Must be beer o'clock
The Following User Says Thank You to heyhey For This Useful Post:
Bekah (20-03-2017)
Old 20-03-2017, 08:28 PM

Thanks HEYHEY,

Yes she is new the editing side of things. Recently upgraded her computer to run the programs and now it all try and see,

The sorta Camera she has is a Nikon D3300 and was using the 35mm F1.8. (No idea what that means)

I just told her about to much contrast and she said yes on some she does but she likes to look better lol So yes each to there own haha

Old 20-03-2017, 08:42 PM
I'm not really a Newbie

Thanked 2,544 Times in 1,761 Posts

Goes too hard PP for me too.

Personal taste but the hard HDR won't appeal to most. Less is more. Classes etc are a great place to start 😊

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Bekah For This Useful Post:
ravos patrol (20-03-2017)
Old 20-03-2017, 08:55 PM
Rogue

Garage

She sounds like she's exactly where I'm at with photography too. I've only got into it. I have a similar spec camera as her with a few lenses and just started dabbling with Lightroom for editing.

I used to have Patrols

Must be beer o'clock
The Following User Says Thank You to heyhey For This Useful Post:
ravos patrol (20-03-2017)
Old 20-03-2017, 08:58 PM

I have no idea what PP is or HDR.

Apparently she is trying raw settings and is playing with IOS and shutterspeed and some other things,

She has been dabbling in photoshop as well to tidy up images, lol

Will just keep adding pics here as she takes them so you can see the progress in her skill set.

Means i get to go out in the 4wd and say it was for her benifit hahahahaha

Old 20-03-2017, 09:05 PM
Rogue

Garage

Thats a win-win then

I used to have Patrols

Must be beer o'clock
Old 21-03-2017, 06:19 PM

PP = Post processing

HDR - High dynamic range, this can look excellent when done properly it consists of multiple shots merged, like an under exposed shot, correct exposed and a over exposed shot. They are merged into one another and this creates a image which gives detail and light to the areas on a photo which are usually dark shadows. some people tend to go to happy on the clarity slider which gives it a chromy looking image.

Your wife is on the rite track, some nice shots, just keep shooting and get fond of using manual settings. its always better to over expose than under expose as its gives a better image to reduce exposure in LR than increase exposure. if she gets onto Flickr she can view other peoples photos that use that same camera and can see the settings that they use to get the base image.
WHITE 89 LWB GQ TD42T, GTX2867R, TMIC
Old 06-05-2017, 09:24 PM

RAW is the only way to shoot, then edit. you have to spend twice the amount of time practicing editing to photography.
Buy her a subscription to this site. so many how to videos. you just sit down and copy what they do until it starts to sink in. https://kelbyone.com

My CRD build thread. http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/membe...t-mods-359225/
Old 22-06-2017, 09:44 PM

Personally, i think some of you are really missing the point just a bit, does wife want to improve her "Photography skills" or her "computer editing skills" ?

I understand the need for PC's and benefits in altering some images etc, but instead of trying to figure out the best way to fix a photo your not happy with in Photoshop (and the like), how about working on the skills she has to take a photograph that you don't have to change with PC software, and yet still be happy with it ?

Bin the PC (for now), learn how to get the most from the camera first, you can still make creative subtle changes in the camera settings (contrast, saturation etc, etc), try working on improving the basics, things like framing, composition and rule of thirds, work at getting a really good photo in the first place.

BTW ,I don't much like the logo, its way too big and draws my attention away from the pic itself.

Just to be clear, I do like the pics, they are almost awesome, but whats needed to make them even better, is NOT a improvement in "PC skills" IMO
heyhey (Yesterday)