Hints and tips for campers and caravans. - Page 2 - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Caravaning, Camping and Equipment > Camping and Caravaning Technical

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2016, 10:48 AM
Part Of The Furniture Round Here

Thanked 4,284 Times in 3,073 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgren2 View Post
Will whiteboard markers work?
Yes. Write a note on the blackboard so you remember to get chalk.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skegbudley For This Useful Post:
Foo (10-09-2016), rgren2 (10-09-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2016, 09:31 PM

Thanked 2,252 Times in 1,733 Posts

Quote:
Will whiteboard markers work?
U

Foo
Old 30-09-2016, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Here's another coupla.
If you have a fitting to plug a hose into your caravan, make up a sealed fitting to go over the inlet. This will stop dust and crud from getting in and wrecking the valves in there. I attach mine to the van with some whipper snipper cord, use heat shrink to prevent the cord from becoming untied.
We all freeze drinking water in a bottle, add water, use a stubbie cooler to keep it cold. Now, try adding some squeeze lime juice (the stuff you buy in the supermarket, green bottle for lime, yellow bottle for lemon) to the water before freezing and add some more to the water you add to the frozen bottle. Adjust the amount to suit your taste.
My water outlet is a normal female hose connection.

I got a male connection that screws on to a tap fitting and I filled it with silicone and I plug that into the female outlet when not in use to keep the dust and mud and water out.

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 25-10-2016, 01:15 PM

Thanked 1,374 Times in 984 Posts
Default Hot water system anode.

I saw this on another forum and it's not my photo. I have ordered 2 new anodes and purchased a 27mm socket. I suggest you check your anode, cheap and easy to replace. Recommend to be checked every 12 months.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (28.8 KB, 221 views)
2008 GU Wagon. Hybrid. Silver Patrol Member#74. V8 Member # 17. Now retired doctrinaire extraordinaire
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-11-2016, 10:10 AM

Quote:
I saw this on another forum and it's not my photo. I have ordered 2 new anodes and purchased a 27mm socket. I suggest you check your anode, cheap and easy to replace. Recommend to be checked every 12 months.
Whats the anode for (ie, what on a camper is it protecting)?
Old 08-11-2016, 12:44 PM

Hot water system in the caravan. Note to oneself, release water pressure before undoing anode. It does come out rather quickly and covers you with water if you don't.
Another note to oneself, take your phone out of your wet pocket.
Dead phone at the moment.
2008 GU Wagon. Hybrid. Silver Patrol Member#74. V8 Member # 17. Now retired doctrinaire extraordinaire

Last edited by rgren2; 08-11-2016 at 05:24 PM.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:09 AM

Sick of losing your tailgate clips? Whipper snipper cord, heat shrink tube, bingo, problem solved.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (39.5 KB, 114 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to rgren2 For This Useful Post:
lornjohn (05-03-2017)
Old 08-03-2017, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Sick of losing your tailgate clips? Whipper snipper cord, heat shrink tube, bingo, problem solved.
You can make curly cords to keep them neater. Get a piece of 12mm wooden dowel & drill 2 holes through it, about 100mm apart, that the cord will fit through. Poke one end of the whipper snipper cord through one hole, leaving enough for the loop poking through. Wrap the cord tightly around the dowel, until you get to the second hole & poke the cord through that hole. Put it into boiling water for a few minutes then put into cold water. When it's cool, take the cord off the dowel & it will stay curly. I make leashes for my rods etc for when I go kayak fishing this way.
GOLD PATROL CLUB MEMBER #9
2.8 CLUB MEMBER #6
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 62woollybugger For This Useful Post:
lornjohn (09-03-2017), rgren2 (09-03-2017), shanfab (09-03-2017), Thrasher (08-03-2017)
Old 09-03-2017, 08:10 AM

Now that's a top idea.
Old 09-03-2017, 08:34 AM

Default 4.5kg gas bottle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leethal View Post
Warning for people with 9kg gas bottles on campers!!!

This won't be relevant for most people fortunately. In my case, the BOTTOM of the 9kg gas bottle is located by an 'X' shape bracket on the INSIDE of the ring that is welded to the bottom of the bottle as a base.

I got a full bottle (swap'n'go) the other day, only to find the diametre of the ring on the bottom is 20mm LESS than normal, so it would not fit in its spot.

I've never come across this before, so in future I will have to measure them while at Bunnings or wherever I change it.

Probably can't really tell from pic, but one on right is 20mm diameter smaller.

Keep it in mind if your 9kg bottle locates the base from the inside instead of the outside.
Same with the 4.5kg bottles Leethal, I recently made up a gas enclosure for my camper, and luckily had 2 bottles at home . . . different sizes!

I made the ring in my gas cabinet a bit bigger and then made a ring spacer to drop in the hole when I'm using a small one
The Following User Says Thank You to 4Bee For This Useful Post:
Leethal (09-03-2017)