Landed a Y61 in Canada - Page 3 - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Canadian and US > Canadian and US 4x4

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2017, 10:47 AM
Safari Hoarder

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeyoutoo View Post
Just a shame you couldn't get one in the ZD30DI
Not a screaming chance! I could get a LHD with that engine but not gonna.

I ordered a cast turbo manifold with a cheap (to be upgraded) turbo and install kit but there is a ss manifold with the HT18 and goodies for sale here in Canada. The HT18 is no scream he'll but it is reliable as long as you don't up the boost too high and over speed it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2017, 11:46 AM
Rogue

Thanked 1,884 Times in 1,366 Posts
Garage

Canada should be a cold enough environment to run the TD42 without overheating

I used to have Patrols

Must be beer o'clock
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-04-2017, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinotter600 View Post
Not a screaming chance! I could get a LHD with that engine but not gonna.

I ordered a cast turbo manifold with a cheap (to be upgraded) turbo and install kit but there is a ss manifold with the HT18 and goodies for sale here in Canada. The HT18 is no scream he'll but it is reliable as long as you don't up the boost too high and over speed it.
Those cheap cast manifolds dont work well in a y61 the dump pipe will hit the heater hoses if its a high mount manifold. Unlike the y60 where the heater hoses are on the other side
The Following User Says Thank You to hz_350 For This Useful Post:
Twinotter600 (12-04-2017)

Old 12-04-2017, 01:12 AM
Pseudoiterative

Thanked 2,034 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Middle row seats are adjustable fore and aft as well as recline. This is a large plus from the Y60.
We didn't get that in Australia! Middle and third row positions are fixed in ours. We also didn't get the middle row centre lap/sash seatbelt (that goes up into the roof) - ours is a lap belt only. What's in yours?
Old 12-04-2017, 10:08 AM
Safari Hoarder

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hz_350 View Post
Those cheap cast manifolds dont work well in a y61 the dump pipe will hit the heater hoses if its a high mount manifold. Unlike the y60 where the heater hoses are on the other side
Good catch!
Old 12-04-2017, 10:13 AM
Safari Hoarder

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squalo View Post
We didn't get that in Australia! Middle and third row positions are fixed in ours. We also didn't get the middle row centre lap/sash seatbelt (that goes up into the roof) - ours is a lap belt only. What's in yours?
Front seat belts are 3 point, middle row outboard are 3 point (center lap only) and 3rd row are 3 point.

Middle row seats flip up against the back of the front with a gas strut.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2817.jpg (45.0 KB, 46 views)
Old 18-04-2017, 03:45 AM

Hey TwinOtter,

Congrats on the purchase, that thing is amazing!!!

I am from BC, Victoria to be exact, and I am planning on heading to the UK this summer and picking up one of those very reasonably priced GU's as well.

If there is any way we could PM and have a chat about how you did it and whats involved, I just have a few questions if you would be so kind.

Thanks!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 18-04-2017, 11:23 AM
Safari Hoarder

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvandoormaal View Post
Hey TwinOtter,

Congrats on the purchase, that thing is amazing!!!

I am from BC, Victoria to be exact, and I am planning on heading to the UK this summer and picking up one of those very reasonably priced GU's as well.

If there is any way we could PM and have a chat about how you did it and whats involved, I just have a few questions if you would be so kind.

Thanks!!
Be careful what you think is reasonably priced. There is always a reason. Yes we can chat, I am always willing to help.

Might be some time to chat tomorrow afternoon but not Wednesday or Thursday.
Old 18-04-2017, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Be careful what you think is reasonably priced. There is always a reason. Yes we can chat, I am always willing to help.

Might be some time to chat tomorrow afternoon but not Wednesday or Thursday.

Ya, I know its always best to be suspicious. Im just more curious about the step by step process. Luckily for me I fly for very cheap due to a family hookup so that right there saves me a grand or two.

Im looking mostly at a '98 - '02 Patrol GR. I will only buy something with a full service history and stamp book, Im not looking to burn my money. My main questions are:

1) Can you/how do you avoid paying VAT on the vehicle as it is destined for export?

2) I want to buy it and drive it to the port, can a foreigner get UK insurance if they have a UK address to use? (I do)

3) How long does the process take from purchase to loading it in a container? Is there any waiting period or lengthy waits for paperwork? (I was hoping to devote 5 days to car shopping and dropping my new toy off at the port in Essex)

Basically, I am fairly familiar with importing/exporting cars. I just want to know if there is any specific details worth knowing, or that could cause a hangup or delay?

Literally any info you have that you think is valuable, no matter how insignificant, I would love to know.

VERY much appreciated in advance.