(new thread started for reorganised event) Sunny Coast Show and Shine - Page 3 - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > 4x4 Forums > Competitions and Events

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2014, 03:11 PM

i'm on call
maybe next time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2014, 03:34 PM

Default Sunny Coast Show and Shine

double up ..
Old 04-03-2014, 03:39 PM

Garage

Same day as the 'Roothy farewell party' at LCMP. Not sure whether that will affect numbers. Either way I'm rostered on that weekend, so won't be able to make it.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Silver Patrol Club #82
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2014, 04:50 PM
Glasshouse Bogan #1

Garage

I can't make April 12 I'm at work but that's the case 50% of the time so I'm used to missing stuff.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:04 PM

Garage

Should be able to make this.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:19 PM

Should be able to come along. Mines nothing to look at, but would be good to get ideas of other peoples Patrols.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:35 PM

Garage

Im still keen and happy to pay a fee for the day mate, as long as going through the council doesn't mean that the department of transport and the like will be lined up ready to go over everyones vehicles
CRD Ute Club #2

07 Patrol Ute
Roo Systems 3" Exhaust and Chip, 3" Dobinsons Lift with Dropboxes, 33" BfG Mud Terrains KM2 on 16x8 ProComp Rock Crawlers, 12000lb winch
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-03-2014, 08:38 PM
C3-PO

Can I bring my faded paint, battle scarred, dirt covered Jeep???

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-03-2014, 08:50 PM
Pseudoiterative

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastus2571 View Post
Can I bring my faded paint, battle scarred, dirt covered Jeep???
Yep!

You'll never please everyone with dates when it comes to an event. The only way to pull off something like this is to set a date, and wear it. Not my call, and I'm sorry to see the "can't make it" responses so far, but there is always someone who can't make it - sorry. Your call Gee.

Last edited by Squalo; 04-03-2014 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:00 PM
C3-PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squalo View Post
Yep!

You'll never please everyone with dates when it comes to an event. The only way to pull off something like this is to set a date, and wear it. Not my call, and I'm sorry to see the "can't make it"s so far, but there is always someone who can't make it - sorry. Your call Gee.
Thy shall play with thy roster at work on thy computer. I need a good day out to meet up. Went to.the last show and shine bayside down here. It was a great day. I'll.come for the drive. I'm in for sure. A lot of you I want to meet.

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-03-2014, 09:32 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeyoutoo View Post
OK have heard back and we can get that carpark on Sat 12th of April (then it's not available again until Sept) and it will cost us $318 for 10 hours ($159 for 4 hours) and I would need to act fairly quickly to get the booking, other venues were put forward but costs were prohibitive so far. I'm going to Nambour Show Ground tomorrow for a look at an option but it's going to cost I think.

Re the first option if we get 40 vehicles then an admittance of around $8.00 would be in order.

Is April 12 too quick? do we wait for Sept? or does anyone know of another venue being available, remembering we need toilets as a basic. I have the listing of council charges now and some are right up there for obvious reasons.

Feedback please.......
Gee,

Just a suggestion but every weekend Bunnings Stores hold sausage sizzles for local sporting clubs and the like, maybe be it would be possible to see if they could flag off a section of carpark for our group, and we could donate our $10 entry to whatever club is holding the sausage sizzle on the day. That way we all get together and check out 4X4's and our money would go to someone greatful, instead of lining the pockets of council for the use of a 'PUBLIC' carpark.

either way i will be there,

Cheers
CRD Ute Club #2

07 Patrol Ute
Roo Systems 3" Exhaust and Chip, 3" Dobinsons Lift with Dropboxes, 33" BfG Mud Terrains KM2 on 16x8 ProComp Rock Crawlers, 12000lb winch
Old 04-03-2014, 09:42 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driordon View Post
Im still keen and happy to pay a fee for the day mate, as long as going through the council doesn't mean that the department of transport and the like will be lined up ready to go over everyones vehicles
If the purple cars are there I won't be. Not keen on a guaranteed fine and an a$$ reaming.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:15 PM
------ Curiosity ------

Thanked 1,021 Times in 756 Posts
Garage

Quote:
Gee,

Just a suggestion but every weekend Bunnings Stores hold sausage sizzles for local sporting clubs and the like, maybe be it would be possible to see if they could flag off a section of carpark for our group, and we could donate our $10 entry to whatever club is holding the sausage sizzle on the day. That way we all get together and check out 4X4's and our money would go to someone greatful, instead of lining the pockets of council for the use of a 'PUBLIC' carpark.

Cheers
You can hardly park one car at our Bunnings on a weekend let alone 40+.

As for Motor transport, I'm not sure why council would want to sabotage a group that are hiring one of their facilities....... We had no issues at the Brisbane one and that had to be organised through council as well.

Not sure even why this would be brought up to put people off.
Build Thread
My Channel
A Prudent Question is One Half of Wisdom - F Bacon
Old 04-03-2014, 10:27 PM
ZD30 DI Owner and Proud

Garage

Still keen. Date penciled in diary.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:03 AM

yep put me as a def maybe lol
Old 05-03-2014, 09:38 AM
Part Of The Furniture Round Here

Quote:
Gee,

Cheers
Nah mate. Good idea but they won't allow it. The carparks are too valuable to the business.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk
Old 05-03-2014, 09:43 PM
Mad bastard

Quote:
Gotta say that this is extremely unlikely - Councils divisions/sections rarely communicate amongst themselves let alone an external State Govt Department - wont happen!
Old 05-03-2014, 10:57 PM
------ Curiosity ------

Thanked 1,021 Times in 756 Posts
Garage

Sorry to be a pain guy's but I'm probably going to pass on that vacancy I spoke of on the 12th, there were a lot of other considerations, have 2 other sites in mind nearby that seem to have better vacancy times and I won't get any feedback on them for another week or so.

Will get back when I have something more concrete, was thinking today we are going to need some judges and Squalo/Rastus would be the perfect combination .

So the next meetup is the run up Teewah on Sat the 15th March. Reminder in Sunny Coast get together thread.
Build Thread
My Channel
A Prudent Question is One Half of Wisdom - F Bacon
Old 06-04-2014, 08:18 PM
BATTLE AXE

Keep us posted mate
Old 06-04-2014, 10:41 PM

i'm keen to come along and see everyones "Pride & Joy"
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification