Climate - The Backpedalling Begins, Stops and Restarts - Page 16 - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > General > General Discussion

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Do you believe man is the major contributer to climate change?
Yes 14 43.75%
No 18 56.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-10-2013, 10:50 AM

Global Warming: United Nations Climate Report Proves Earth Is Suffering | Politics | Rolling Stone

Interesting stuff.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-10-2013, 11:33 AM
Part Of The Furniture Round Here

It can't be true because Ray says it's all lies.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 18-10-2013, 11:55 AM
Resident Social Democrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Up View Post
It can't be true because Ray says it's all lies.
Hmmm

<purely put up 'cos Ray!'s blocked me and he'll wonder what I said!!>
Old 18-10-2013, 12:02 PM
Rogue

Thanked 1,909 Times in 1,383 Posts
Garage

Crap, the IPCC have already released a part of the AR5 report that says this unnatural 'global warming' has actually been on hiatus for the last 15-30years and they cannot explain it.

The IPCC/Human Induced Climate Change supporters say that you have to look at the long term trend. Well if that is the case, what was our long term CO2 emission? You cannot cherry pick our current emissions and paste that as the cause of a long term trend.

Long term, CO2 emissions have gone up heaps, average global temps are not even following the CO2 trend and that is supported by IPCC data!

The IPCC are as accurate and correct and non-contradicting as Fairfax media, religion, 7 day weather forecasts and extreme right and left wingers.

I used to have Patrols

Must be beer o'clock
Old 18-10-2013, 12:09 PM
Part of the furniture around here

Garage

Except when it suits:

Quote:
“Met Office spokesman Nicky Maxey was critical of the reports, saying those producing them were “gazing into their crystal ball”. “The science simply doesn’t exist to accurately predict so far in advance. Weather is too unpredictable.”
Met Office blasts weather reports of “worst winter in decades” | North Devon Journal
Old 18-10-2013, 12:33 PM

Garage

Amazing how many in the 'official' climate game are Nobel Laureates or Nobel Prize winners, or so they imply: Hall of Shame Official Members « Fake Nobel Laureates hall of shame, Official Launch of FakeNobelLaureates.com | NoFrakkingConsensus.
Old 18-10-2013, 12:58 PM

The following individuals have been erroneously described as Nobel laureates or Nobel Prize winners. In some cases, they themselves have made false claims:
  • Jason BOX, Professor, Geological Survey of Denmark and Greenland
  • Philip DUFFY, Senior Scientist, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (formerly of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy)
  • William EASTERLING, Dean, Penn State College of Earth and Mineral Sciences
  • Mark JACCARD, Professor, Simon Fraser University
  • Michael MANN, Professor, Pennsylvania State University
  • Rajendra PACHAURI, Chairman, Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
  • Steven RUNNING, Professor, University of Montana
  • Sergio TRINDADE, Science & Technology Director, International Fuel Technology
  • Andrew WEAVER, Professor, University of Victoria
So who was erroneously described and who faked their claim. This goes to prove what exactly ???

Is this a case of attacking the messenger rather than the message that you are so fond of saying.
Old 18-10-2013, 02:58 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squalo View Post
Ray, you make some good points.

However, I am still yet to see any proof whatsoever that the scientists are wrong. All of the available evidence points to the reality of AGW.

It's quite vexing that we can't separate the science from the politics.
Squalo

Herein lies the problem for the CAGW believers.

What AVAILABLE evidence points to the reality of CAGW??

I challenge you to post ANY empirical evidence that provides proof that CAGW exists. At best the scientists have theories and models. The models have numerous forcings and these forcings have different weights. So far, the ACTUAL temperature records aren't matching the models. Something is wrong with the models, more than likely the effects the forcings have on the models.

The models from AR4 actually underestimated the future CO2 concentrate yet the temperatures have remained in hiatus for the last 15-17 years (even the IPCC admits this) yet the models clearly projected an increasing rate of temperature rise with a lower limit of CO2. Clearly the models are wrong!!

In science, the onus of proof is on those that present a hypothosis, not those who question the theories. As yet there is NO proof that CAGW is happening or even caused by man made emissions of CO2

It is just as likely that one, or multiple, other factors influenced the rapid warming in the last century as much or more than CO2.

93 GQ TD42 Dual Cab
Old 18-10-2013, 03:12 PM
Rogue

Garage

That's like asking religious people to prove their persuasion is right

I used to have Patrols

Must be beer o'clock
Old 18-10-2013, 04:30 PM
The Cable Guy

Garage

Rehashing some old classics here Ray!?
Old 18-10-2013, 04:55 PM

Garage

Gentle reminders for the warm mongers, they forget so easily.
Old 18-10-2013, 05:41 PM
The Cable Guy

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short Y60 View Post
Maybe the MET is just being a little cautious after things like this:
Forecast failure: how the Met Office lost touch with reality » The Spectator

EDIT: Woops.... I forgot this bit
No... We just dispel the BS and move on.
Old 19-10-2013, 06:18 AM

Garage

So-called global warming would pale into insignificance: 400-metre asteroid sighted may 'blow up the earth' in 2032 | Space, Military and Medicine | News.com.au.
Old 19-10-2013, 10:50 AM

Thanked 2,449 Times in 1,855 Posts
Garage

Cripes Ray! 2032, that's not far off. Nineteen years, climate change won't have killed us all off by then. Maybe this new one is the one to be worrying about?

On the other hand, I know you never see the one that gets you so might as well forgeddaboutit.
Old 19-10-2013, 10:59 AM

Garage

These two cartoons exemplify the absolute tragic nature of the Greens:

Comments over the last few days, that the Greens and their global warming supporters have made about the NSW fires, proves that they have no shame and no morals.
Old 19-10-2013, 06:39 PM

Garage

Two can play that game:

https://twitter.com/aaronparker73/st...669185/photo/1
Old 19-10-2013, 07:49 PM

Thanked 1,301 Times in 998 Posts

OK I admit that I am a greenie but this is pretty funny.

GU4, But it is not going anywhere til we rebuild it better, stronger, maybe even a little faster.
Old 19-10-2013, 09:44 PM

Garage

I started from the beginning....got to end of first page and realised, you know, this whole debate keeps going around and around, lets start treating the water, earth, and air with some respect. get down from your political views and think back to basics, lets all agree we need clean water ,earth and air otherwise we wont be here. from there lets build non pollutant and sustainable as a guiding value. yes we live in a electric world and have social needs, but will all mean buttklss if we everything ingest is poison. no one said change from our coal and oil addiction would be easy, but if we all participate in positive constructive manner, solutions will be found because we invent, especially if there is a pain point,
so quit ya being a b1tchin, start making difference.
and yes, i love my electronics and pay extra to have100% renewal power at my home... yes thats right, i have been paying approx $90 a qtr extra for years and am looking forward to when my renewable power is cheaper than the coal/gas power.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 19-10-2013, 10:26 PM

Thanked 1,301 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry_066 View Post
I started from the beginning....got to end of first page and realised, you know, this whole debate keeps going around and around, lets start treating the water, earth, and air with some respect. get down from your political views and think back to basics, lets all agree we need clean water ,earth and air otherwise we wont be here. from there lets build non pollutant and sustainable as a guiding value. yes we live in a electric world and have social needs, but will all mean buttklss if we everything ingest is poison. no one said change from our coal and oil addiction would be easy, but if we all participate in positive constructive manner, solutions will be found because we invent, especially if there is a pain point,
so quit ya being a b1tchin, start making difference.
and yes, i love my electronics and pay extra to have100% renewal power at my home... yes thats right, i have been paying approx $90 a qtr extra for years and am looking forward to when my renewable power is cheaper than the coal/gas power.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Yes I could not agree more. The debate for and against global warming, or is it climate change or is it green house gas emissions is not really the point but the debate of what or who is right or wrong seems to take over the real point of respecting the environment upon which we all need to survive.

GU4, But it is not going anywhere til we rebuild it better, stronger, maybe even a little faster.
Old 19-10-2013, 10:32 PM
Rogue

Garage

What about the manufacturing cost of those luxury items ie, electronics.

I used to have Patrols

Must be beer o'clock