Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Does pineapple belong on a pizza???

5K views 99 replies 27 participants last post by  Softy 
#1 ·
So there's a pommy bloke at work who is probably a lot more cultured than I am. We often disagree on food among many other things (such as celery belonging in a stirfry...que face palm)but there are some battles worth fighting and I've got the big guns out for this one!

So as the title says, does pineapple belong on a pizza? He looks at me sideways every time I explain that pineapple has defiantly earned a spot as a pizza topping but he thinks otherwise. I also dug a bit deeper and asked if he can remember when KFC used to sell a burger with pineapple and how awesome it was. Once again I got a look that sudgested I was not right in the head.

Surely the pineapple lovers outway the haters???

#47 ·
Yeragh - who mentioned potato and chicken on pizza? Thats worse than a leek on pizza.

The only meat allowable is processed meat, like salami, which renders down beautifully and allows it's delicious oily flavours to mix with the anchovies and cheese.

#48 ·
Haha ate a pizza with potato, cheese and tomato on it today. My Nonna made it and it was awesome.

Pineapple on pizza is plain wrong. Really wrong. When you take if off the buggers have infused the juices into the rest anyway, rendering the whole affair a waste of ingredients.

I have to admit I was sceptical of potato on there, but its not nearly as feral as pineapple. May as well throw on the raspberries and passion fruit too FFS, if we're pretending our Main course is a Pavlova.

#56 ·
You could give him $10 and send him back to Pommy land, wasn't that how much it cost them to come out here? :angel: :naughty:

Foo

#67 ·
Yeah add some kinda fruit to anything!

Yes pineapple on my pizza and hamburger , yes to apple especially in potato salad, yes apricot within cooee of my chicken, absolutely cranberry on the same table as my turkey and if someone served me duck with any orange near it they would be thanked gratefully.

;)

Cheers

Justin

#68 ·
That brings back fond memories, thanks for reminding me, haven't had good old pineapple on a Hamburger for bloody yonks, next time I do them on the barby I'll revisit an old favourite I'd forgotten about, especially the extra sweet canned pineapple Yummmmmmmmmm!

#71 ·
The five tastes in Thai food.

Sweet - cane or coconut palm sugar, sweet pineapple
Sour - lemon, lime, tamarind, paw paw/papaya, raw mango, sour pineapple or other sour fruits
Salty - sea salt, soy sauce, fish sauce or sardine and other fish pastes
Bitter - bitter melon or raw leaves from various plants and trees (either wild or cultivated)
Hot - different chili peppers, fresh and dried, and peppercorns, fresh, pickled or dried, and ground peppers too

Now who doesn't like Thai food?

#72 ·
I remember the first time I had the sour pineapple accidentally as a desert somewhere down at the floating markets, quite a unique taste.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.