Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Hell I'm A Good Cook

454K views 12K replies 115 participants last post by  rgren2 
#1 ·
Here you go, stick up your best recipies. :bigthumb:

Foo

#3,955 ·
Bless me father for I have sinned. :( I had that red and white chicken stuff tonight, for the first time in I don't know how many years. :oops: :badidea:

Foo

Reactions: Softy
#3,957 ·
I'm already tasting it, for the second time. :crazy: I was that friggin hungry I just woofed down three pieces. :badidea: :sad:

Foo

#3,970 ·
The makings of my world famous Chili Con Carne.
2.5kg coarse ground prime chuck steak.
Chillies; left to right, Chipotle x 3, Ancho and Mulato. In front is Habanero.

Only thing out of a can, and therefore not included, are the red kidney beans.

The what looks like tomato sauce bottle is my own homemade plum / apricot and tomato puree.

[URL=http://s1084.photobucket.com/user/DB1013/media/Chillie_zpsonkifzmc.jpg.html][/URL]

Some for now, some for later, some for freezing and some for camping.

nom nom nom

#3,974 ·
The makings of my world famous Chili Con Carne.
2.5kg coarse ground prime chuck steak.
Chillies; left to right, Chipotle x 3, Ancho and Mulato. In front is Habanero.

Only thing out of a can, and therefore not included, are the red kidney beans.

The what looks like tomato sauce bottle is my own homemade plum / apricot and tomato puree.

[URL=http://s1084.photobucket.com/user/DB1013/media/Chillie_zpsonkifzmc.jpg.html][/URL]

Some for now, some for later, some for freezing and some for camping.

nom nom nom
Care to share how ya made it,DB. Please! :)

Foo

Reactions: Bekah
#3,971 ·
My version of a chookin stir fry.

Thigh meat with fresh onion, garlic, beetroot, carrot, peas, beans, bush spices, soy sauce lime juice and sweet chilli sauce. :)

Oops forgot fresh mushrooms and it will be had with saffron basmati rice.

Foo

Your worst nightmare is behind you. ��

#3,975 ·
My version of a chookin stir fry.

Thigh meat with fresh onion, garlic, beetroot, carrot, peas, beans, bush spices, soy sauce lime juice and sweet chilli sauce. :)

Oops forgot fresh mushrooms and it will be had with saffron basmati rice.

Foo

Your worst nightmare is behind you. ��
This is nice. I had some left over, that wouldn't fit into my containers, so I had to eat it. :cup:

Foo

#3,976 ·
Sounds interesting Foo. I almost always go the Chinese style with Oyster and Soy sauces, lots of cabbage and broccoli, done in Peanut Oil. I like thigh filets too but sometimes use left-over roast chicken. I doesn't take long because the meat is already cooked and just needs heating.

#3,979 ·
forget to say a couple of important things.

1. Tomatoes: Cut of stem bits, place in pot and mash a little. Add onions / garlic and gently heat while stirring all the time (about 10mins).

Important, do not let it boil, you just want to warm it up to get flavors. Boiling will reduce tomato moisture and at this stage you do not want to lose any.

2. Concoction. Place remaining ingredients in to a pot with tomatoes, onions and garlic and gently bring to boil, turn heat down and simmer for 60 mins.

Important. As soon as it starts to bubble, turn the heat down and keep stirring to it is simmering. Boiling for any length of time can make the molasses bitter.

3. Reducing. You need to stir a lot. At the start every 10mins is ok, but as soon it has reduced by half you need to keep stirring, or it will burn.

Good food takes effort ...

#3,992 ·
Maybe drop the carrots and replace with mushrooms and then make a white cheesy sauce? ;)

Foo

#3,997 ·
Can't decide what to have for dinner..

Thinking about getting a roast chook from woolies and some salad.. Seems i have turned into a fat plick.. so Pork Belly and the likes are off the menu for a while. :(

#3,998 ·
Pork Belly with a crunchy salad, should be okay. Just don't eat it all in one sitting. ;)

Foo