Nelson Mandela dead. - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > General > General Discussion

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2013, 07:56 AM
Sell me your MK.

Thanked 1,678 Times in 1,326 Posts
Garage
Default Nelson Mandela dead.

Nelson Mandela has been confirmed dead today at age 95.

http:// www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-25249520

'86 SD33T Deluxe SWB with some things that do stuff.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to james008 For This Useful Post:
estcove (06-12-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2013, 08:04 AM

Garage

Wonder if The night of the long knives will kick off.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2013, 08:08 AM
--- The Rodfather ---

Thanked 5,472 Times in 3,873 Posts
Garage

We should all mourn the passing of a man who suffered greatly for beliefs and single handedly brought a Govt to it's knees to get rid of apartheid, but having said that the general population of SA is not a lot better off, unemployment and crime are still out of control and successive Govt ruling in his name have let the country down badly. Sadly many of his family have tried their hardest to disgrace his name.

And even sadder, Zuma is continuing to undo what Madiba set out to achieve. It will be very hard for him to rest in peace even though he truly deserves to.

Another great man gone from us forever and sadly, great men are a diminishing species we can ill afford to lose.

My Album
My Build
My Channel
ZD30DI Tech Archives
NADS, So You Bought a ZD30DI
http://powercurve.com.au/
My Dawes valve works fine! Where did I go wrong? .

Domestic Violence Has No Excuse, Rugby League Players Are Not Above The Law.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to geeyoutoo For This Useful Post:
45/70 (06-12-2013), Dam355 (06-12-2013), RTD13 (06-12-2013), Squalo (06-12-2013)
Old 06-12-2013, 08:27 AM
Sell me your MK.

Thanked 1,678 Times in 1,326 Posts
Garage

Good words, Gee. Well said.

'86 SD33T Deluxe SWB with some things that do stuff.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:00 PM
Part Of The Furniture Round Here

Send a message via MSN to BeNos

Agreed gee. I was there earlier this year and his works have unfortunately been twisted so far that if you are white in SA your probably not going to have a lot of fun.
Btw since he was ousted from government over I think it's a million white south Africans have moved to Australia.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2
New Bus
Old 06-12-2013, 12:11 PM

Can i ask why my post was deleted?
Old 06-12-2013, 02:09 PM
--- The Rodfather ---

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond View Post
Can i ask why my post was deleted?
Not the time or place for the debate you were fishing for, start another thread if you want too. No matter what you or anyone think of him he achieved a wonderous thing for the country and as I indicated his reputation and ultimate goals were hijacked by family and the ANC, he can't be blamed for all the S***.

My Album
My Build
My Channel
ZD30DI Tech Archives

Old 06-12-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Not the time or place for the debate you were fishing for, start another thread if you want too. No matter what you or anyone think of him he achieved a wonderous thing for the country and as I indicated his reputation and ultimate goals were hijacked by family and the ANC, he can't be blamed for all the S***.
We are not holding a candle light vigil for the man so i don't see the problem with me shedding some light on the very covered/hidden past of the man. My family is directly affected by this over in SA.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:03 PM
--- The Rodfather ---

Garage

Sorry, I made a judgement call end of story, as said you can start another thread by all means. These posts will self destruct very shortly.

My Album
My Build
My Channel
ZD30DI Tech Archives

Old 06-12-2013, 03:52 PM
The Member Formerly Known As Idiot 1 :)

Thanked 1,355 Times in 984 Posts
Garage

I am one of those million white south Africans. my parents an I lived there during his rule and he was a great man. both black and white south Africans will mourn his passing. and no debate will be entered into.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:55 PM
The Googlest, Apparently!

Thanked 2,663 Times in 1,746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeyoutoo View Post
We should all mourn the passing of a man who suffered greatly for beliefs and single handedly brought a Govt to it's knees to get rid of apartheid, but having said that the general population of SA is not a lot better off, unemployment and crime are still out of control and successive Govt ruling in his name have let the country down badly. Sadly many of his family have tried their hardest to disgrace his name.

And even sadder, Zuma is continuing to undo what Madiba set out to achieve. It will be very hard for him to rest in peace even though he truly deserves to.

Another great man gone from us forever and sadly, great men are a diminishing species we can ill afford to lose.

Well said Gee,

Great man, great leader, great inspiration and great roll model for all.

Too bad the frailties of the human race, especially those in South Africa, have let him and his ideals down so badly. As for Zuma, he is one of the worst.

I know people in South Africa with plenty of experience and education who cant get a job in the Rainbow Country because they are white.

And it just proves, you can't choose family, unfortunately.

He was a very profound man and just for those who think anyone who makes more than them should give it to those who wont put in the effort, heres a quote from the man himself that I have always considered to be very true.

"Money won't create success, the freedom to make it will"
Old 06-12-2013, 04:00 PM

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,983 Posts

He was backed into a corner and he fought against it and was jailed, yet he forgave and moved on to try and create a better Country. RIP

Foo
Old 06-12-2013, 09:28 PM

What a great man to have known of in my lifetime. Yes, undoubtedly he had flaws and had made poor choices in younger days. Who hasn't ? No great figure in history is flawless. I think his 'flaws' were of the time he lived and very specific to those times and those circumstances. He never set out to be a ghandi like figure. I think he turned out to be a man of generations though. A man who showed us among the best attributes a human being could have. Forgiveness, enough for a nation. He shared it and it rubbed off. He could have sparked Africa into a bloodbath that could have killed millions and condemned the continent for a century but he didn't. His humanity triumphed and spread.

I'll miss him. Though I hope australia never needs a person like Mandela to lead us through a crisis or series of crises as he led South Africa I hope we can have political leaders that are inspired by him. The words of our nations leaders and the leaders of many other nations have been significant to me.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:43 AM
Part of the furniture around here

Garage

World leaders mourn at Mandela's funeral (I bet Rudd is mighty pyssed off having missed out on that selfie):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg selfie_thumb.jpg (25.0 KB, 57 views)

Last edited by Ray!; 11-12-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:48 AM
--- The Rodfather ---

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray! View Post
World leaders mourn at Mandela's funeral:
Ray maybe you missed the whole point, it was never meant to be a mourning event rather it was a celebration of his life, the fact that all these guy's come together (including taking selfies) is testament to the regard in which he was held by world leaders, who would have thought that a US president would ever shake hands with a Castro, there may be other good things come out of this event.

My Album
My Build
My Channel
ZD30DI Tech Archives

Old 11-12-2013, 09:58 AM
Part of the furniture around here

Garage

The First Lady does not look amused.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:07 PM

Well I saw some South Africans laying reaths today, they must have been dyslexic because they were at
Nissan Main Dealer.

Was that bad taste?

Lunacy Unanimous Club #5
Toyota recovery crew member # 5

The Following User Says Thank You to scrawni For This Useful Post:
Droolyn (11-12-2013)
Old 11-12-2013, 08:15 PM

I think mr Mandela would have got a giggle out of that. The great man knew how to have a laugh.

It's funny, I feel a lot more loss for us as a species losing one individual than I thought I would.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:44 PM
--- The Rodfather ---

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulnLou View Post
I think mr Mandela would have got a giggle out of that. The great man knew how to have a laugh.

It's funny, I feel a lot more loss for us as a species losing one individual than I thought I would.
What other person has had this effect on humanity and drawn so many people together in remembrance? I could be wrong but I can only remember Princess Dianna having this type of impact on us collectively.

It will be a long time before we see someone revered in such a way again, I doubt I will see it in my lifetime.

My Album
My Build
My Channel
ZD30DI Tech Archives

Old 11-12-2013, 11:00 PM
The Googlest, Apparently!

Thanked 2,663 Times in 1,746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeyoutoo View Post
What other person has had this effect on humanity and drawn so many people together in remembrance? I could be wrong but I can only remember Princess Dianna having this type of impact on us collectively.

It will be a long time before we see someone revered in such a way again, I doubt I will see it in my lifetime.

Sorry, Dianna didn't do much for me.

Sure she did charity work, but what else was she going to do, not like she could get a real job being the mother of royalty.

Plenty of others also do this and a lot more.

Yes she lent her name to landmine awareness, but I have more respect for the people who dig them up, and I do know a few of them...

The only thing she had going for her was attached to the cult of celebrity…

I know she was loved by millions, but she was not in any way in Mandela's league.