Baja Designs LED Light Bar - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > General Technical Discussions > General Patrol Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 07:07 AM

Default Baja Designs LED Light Bar

Hi Guys,

I'm after a light bar (single row) with the same output as the BD Stealth unit. Has anyone had these or know what they're like???

One good thing that I have read is that they have a lifetime warranty which would be good assuming it gets honoured...

Baja Designs

Thanks.
03 GUIII, 3.0lt, Safari Snorkel, ARB Winch Bar, Magnum 9k Winch, LF 170's, GME 4400, 2" Lift, Dual Battery, Tigerz11 Roof Tent Rack, ARB Simpson III Roof Tent, 2.5m Awning, OL Dual Wheel/Jerry Carrier
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2012, 09:32 AM
Pseudoiterative

I don't have a light bar but I have Baja Designs 'PreRunner' HIDs, and they are great - powerful and very nicely made. BD are definitely one of the higher quality lighting system manufacturers.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:44 PM
The Prodigal Child

Garage

Shame about the bloke that sells them in aust.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 28-11-2012, 08:45 AM

Has anyone on here got one of the BD LED bars??? Any input would be appreciated!!!!
03 GUIII, 3.0lt, Safari Snorkel, ARB Winch Bar, Magnum 9k Winch, LF 170's, GME 4400, 2" Lift, Dual Battery, Tigerz11 Roof Tent Rack, ARB Simpson III Roof Tent, 2.5m Awning, OL Dual Wheel/Jerry Carrier
Old 28-11-2012, 09:05 AM

I got a 20" one. And would buy it again. As for strength I've had 2 Roos go over the top of it and hasn't damaged it. Had them under water at the powerlines a couple of times and seem to be well sealed. Even though they give you a water proof plug with them put some electrical grease in there as well as I had some water in the plug after pressure cleaning, not alot mind you.

The quality of light is awesome with a really good spread. They will not replace a good set of hid's for range but if its for night 4wding or twisty country road then yes get them.
Gq TD 4.2 club #24
Old 28-11-2012, 12:42 PM
Part Of The Furniture Round Here

Garage

I'm looking at getting rid of my LED main bar off the shorty and putting it on the Mav

BD bars are on my shopping list, but if I get one I won't be buying it through Roo, I'll source it through the US and sent to my US mail address so as to bypass distributor issues

I couldn't stomach putting money into RS and thus assisting EMG in some fashion
Old 28-11-2012, 12:58 PM

Yeah I got mine direct through BD before they started selling them over here.

I wouldn't give money to RS either. Probably cheaper to get from the states as well.
Gq TD 4.2 club #24
Old 28-11-2012, 02:17 PM

this is prob a stupid question but why do so many ppl hate RS and glen
Old 28-11-2012, 02:51 PM

Garage
Send a message via MSN to stasik-a4 Send a message via Yahoo to stasik-a4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnoD View Post
this is prob a stupid question but why do so many ppl hate RS and glen
Cause he acts like a tool.....

GU 4.2L With Lots of Goodies (SOLD)
Old 28-11-2012, 05:46 PM

Fair nuff
Old 28-11-2012, 06:20 PM

Garage

Most of that cost is the name.
Many other single row bars use exactly the same internals (cree) and have identical light output.
Here is one I had put on a GQ
(Im not advertising, simply showing a comparison)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 552017_350555938358752_411231021_n.jpg (15.9 KB, 200 views)
File Type: jpg 309277_350553931692286_1794580355_n.jpg (79.4 KB, 202 views)
Old 28-11-2012, 06:42 PM

Garage

I've seen a few Baja lights in action. Nothing comes close really. There is that much difference. I can understand the price!!
Old 28-11-2012, 08:20 PM

Garage

Interesting, both my 20" and their 20" have the same leds and have the same lumen output.
Again, not tooting my own horn just saying, perhaps you havent seen one of my styles yet.

Old 28-11-2012, 08:43 PM

Garage

The same "same"???????????????????

Not much that comes out China that is the "same",,,, is the "same".

I don't care what anyone says, 95% of chinese manufactured items are inferior. They may have the "same" specs, numbers, etc. But just are'nt the "same"".

And I've seen a Baja light outshine a larger "quality" other brandname light.

It's not all about the brightness sometimes too. The spread of light is equally important.
Old 28-11-2012, 08:56 PM

Garage

Lucky i've squeezed into that 5% then that isnt inferior eh?

Tried and tested, pulled down, put back together. It is what is claimed.
Ill agree with you 10000% there is rubbish and people trying to take advantage.

Unsure what you mean by spread of light, as the beam pattern you buy will affect this.

At the end of the day, if someone wants to spend the big bucks thats fine, but if something 1/4 of the price give the same performance i know what ill choose.

Old 28-11-2012, 09:02 PM

Garage

And of coarse you offer a lifetime warranty????????????????????????????????????????

And will you be around in 5 years to repair it??????????????????????????????????
Old 28-11-2012, 09:22 PM

Garage

What is a lifetime warrenty? Life time of what? When the bar eventually breaks in many years thats the lifetime so then there is no warrenty because its out of its life time?
Ive had 3 warrenty cases from hundreds ive sold, all of which have had a very favourable outcome for the customer one of which is holden, I personally went and swapped it over within the day the other 2 were sorted within 5 working days as they were interstate.

It has cost me a small fortune to get to where the business is at, its most definatly not something you do for a quick buck, so yes i will be here.

Clearly you are an avid 4wd action reader and whatever they get payed to say you believe.
Ill leave it at that.
Ps: I think your question mark key is a bit sticky

Old 28-11-2012, 09:40 PM
Part Of The Furniture Round Here

Garage

Its not just about whether the LEDS are CREE or P7's etc... its also about the thermal management behind the LEDs

I've pulled apart CREE based bars where the boards were downright cheap and nasty. there are others where the boards and thermal mgt are obviously a different quality

eg Korean boards are visibly different in build quality to mainland chinese boards.

some of those bars that claim to be dust and immersion proof are really skating the edge of truth - and I reckon they bank on people never ever putting those bars into adverse conditions

some of the ones i've pulled apart have

claimed to have polycarb lenses that are shatter resistant - and they are acrylic
claimed to be dust proof and water resistant to a depth of 1m (kind of cute as the water hasn't hit 1 bar of pressure so the light bar isn't under atmospheric load and would need to be compromised with bad seals already to leak
claimed to be be ISO rated on waterproofing to either 67 or 68 and yet the screws and bolts for the side plates are not siliconed or have gaskets or have rubber matting
claimed to be water resistant - and yet the silicon gasket used for the covers is a strip of material that has been spot glued to the top and bottom lengths of the bar but are "wrapped" around corners and spot siliconed to join up

etc etc.....

there is a vast difference in build quality between brands even though 90% of them have commonality of parts.
Old 28-11-2012, 09:43 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeSp View Post
What is a lifetime warrenty? Life time of what? When the bar eventually breaks in many years thats the lifetime so then there is no warrenty because its out of its life time?
Ive had 3 warrenty cases from hundreds ive sold, all of which have had a very favourable outcome for the customer one of which is holden, I personally went and swapped it over within the day the other 2 were sorted within 5 working days as they were interstate.

It has cost me a small fortune to get to where the business is at, its most definatly not something you do for a quick buck, so yes i will be here.

Clearly you are an avid 4wd action reader and whatever they get payed to say you believe.
Ill leave it at that.
Ps: I think your question mark key is a bit sticky

Nope. Not an avid reader. And I have no affiliation with Roo Systems. I'm talking purely Baja Designs Lights. And I just don't believe anything I read. I know a few blokes who have done their research and I've seen their results. I've seen some great light outfits. my mate had over $3K to spend on lights. He had all sorts of mobs doing demos for him. I watched what he was shown. And I saw some huge differences.

Not saying your gear is no good. Not saying Baja is better. But Baja have impressed me and unlike alot of interweb businesses selling lights, I'm confident someone will be stocking Baja in 10 years time, and I would like to think their lifetime warranty stands up.

Lifetime is lifetime. Lights stop working in 5 years, I would expect it repaired. Not abuse.
Old 28-11-2012, 09:47 PM

Garage

Its a shame this isnt facebook, i would have definatly liked that post.
I too have seen some shockers with condensation behine the lens almost straight after fitting.
Gf0012, What do you do for work mate? You always seem to have top posts, and almost always electrically related.

Steve

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification