Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Nissan FAST system download

23K views 63 replies 30 participants last post by  B.D.R 
#1 ·
For those unaware the nissan fast system is software that nissan designed to look up part numbers for every vehicle.

At the moment i have just the general right hand drive (gr) but intend on downloading the european right hand drive later (er).

Enjoy everyone :wink: -hope it helps, my first useful contribution to the forum :)

download y60+y61 from here

http://www.phatg20.net/index.php

sign up (it is free and easy and i haven't got any spam yet, go to manuals/guides, nissan fast system, download the general right hand drive and european right hand drive (european is optional)

I copied and edited these instructions from the skyline forum

Windows 2000
2)Download the gr file
Extract everything into
c:\gr

OPTIONAL 3)Download the er file.
Extract every thing into
C:\er

4)Go to
C:\gr\FASTPRG\WIN\GR
and copy NSFASTKY.INI to
C:\windows (for win 95,98,Me,xp)
C:\winnt\(2000)

5) Go to
C:\gr\FASTPRG\WIN\FASTand run setup32.exe
6)Unset the read onlyattribute for the file NSFASTKY.INI you have just copied.

7)Go to
C:\nissan
Run NFSET.EXE
Click CD-ROM setup
Click Browse
Click gr under C:
Click OK

8)REBOOT THE COMPUTER

9)Run Fast Menu from the start menu

You can add the remaining CD's by extracting them to the named folders and pointing them using NFSET. You will not need to do anything else. When FAST starts up it willa sk which cd you wish to use.

PROBLEMS: as copied from skyline downunder forum

"No items in the start menu"
Just run the Nfmenu.ex located in c:\nissan.

"Fast Menu does not run"
Have you rebooted???

"Fast Menu runs, but pressing the bottons don't do anything"
Check that you have placed the ini file in the windows folder. Place a copy in c:\windows\system32 or c:\winnt\system32 etc. How the program finds this file is determined by your systems enviroment settings. Can vary from machine and OS.

See less See more
#2 ·
I should add the file size of the general rhd is about 130mb, european is about 230mb. It is quite big but it will save you a bit of time at nissan. It only gives part numbers and a basic illustration of each part and alternative part search. It IS NOT a service or repair manual. :wink:

Cheers
Rob

#7 ·
do you happen to have the file for our models you could upload somewhere?>

#9 ·
I have the whole kit here ... approx 1.6 Gb (thats Gigabytes in case you missed that) in RAR compressed format including the 32bit setup program for running on win2000, xp, me, and 2003 server.

Not just Patrol but all models I think.

Where would you like it ???

#10 ·
Bad Juju - I'll figure out which server and then I'll PM you with the details.. Might be a week or so as I'll probably use the new server I'm setting up..

Then again, if anyones in a hurry to get their hands on it, I can probably throw it up on one of my other servers as a temp measure if need be..

#11 ·
Link said:
Bad Juju - I'll figure out which server and then I'll PM you with the details.. Might be a week or so as I'll probably use the new server I'm setting up..

Then again, if anyones in a hurry to get their hands on it, I can probably throw it up on one of my other servers as a temp measure if need be..
Show me the "Link" Link :driving:

#18 ·
truckster said:
That link in the torrent I showed you works - I downloaded it all overnight last night :)
can you show us all as i have had no luck with any so far

#20 ·
I always got the old CD's from my Nissan dealer when they got the updates. 2 yrs ago they went from CD to intranet, which sucks IMO. FAST comes in handy if you want to look up similarities of parts in different vehicles which will give you totally new options if you look for a part in a salvage yard

#21 ·
#22 ·
Offroad Factory said:
I always got the old CD's from my Nissan dealer when they got the updates. 2 yrs ago they went from CD to intranet, which sucks IMO. FAST comes in handy if you want to look up similarities of parts in different vehicles which will give you totally new options if you look for a part in a salvage yard
Hiya

Are these the ones available via torrent download.... if not.... can we change that?

cheers:mrgreen:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.