What did you do to your GU/GQ Patrol today? - Page 11 - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > General Technical Discussions > General Patrol Discussion

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-08-2009, 11:26 PM

the old girl ticked over to 370000 k's today
to celebrate, i bought some rims and rubber
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-08-2009, 12:50 AM
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION

Pretty sad, I looked at mine in the carport again today and thought what a shame I cant get out 4 wheel driving and see more of this great country more often
Apart from that, its getting some Creepy Crawlers soon
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 20-08-2009, 01:27 AM
Quickest Tyre Deflator On The Market

Garage

Built My first hilift jack holder for the spare wheel carrier today,flash as! cant buy one for alloy rims so ARB says,But now iv'e got one and it's lockable,takes a rear light and I don't have to remove the whole thing to change a tyre as it goes behind the wheel, no such thing as 'cant.'
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 20-08-2009, 10:20 AM

Garage

Show us some pics Ferret

WPC 149
GPC 061
Old 20-08-2009, 02:09 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogmeister View Post
Show us some pics Ferret
Old 20-08-2009, 02:16 PM

Garage

There are 2 small holes as you can see,one each side and they take 2 m6 setscrews that hld the bracket in place when the wheel is removed, other than that, no modification of the wheel carrier is required.
Old 20-08-2009, 02:24 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FERRET View Post

There are 2 small holes as you can see,one each side and they take 2 m6 setscrews that hold the bracket in place when the wheel is removed, other than that, no modification of the wheel carrier is required.
The guys at ARB have told Me that K-Mar don't do a jack bracket for use with alloys, and there is a bit of modification to the wheel bracket if you want to fit the ones available, due to the thickness of the hub centre. Ah well, I've got mine!

Last edited by THE FERRET; 20-08-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old 20-08-2009, 03:48 PM
naturally asthmatic

Grease and changed gear oils. Redline MTL 70-80 in the tranny and T-case now. Looking forward to seeing how that works this winter when its -20C. Just 80-90 dino oil in the front dif and 90-140 in the back dif. Tomorrow evening, I need to clean up some the skid plate bolts which got skidded on and put the skid plates back on. Oh, and wash all the oil marks out of the driveway from the oil I spilt before the wife gets back.

... even on board computers can't compensate for stupidity.
VA7 CFS
Old 20-08-2009, 03:58 PM

Garage

Nice job Ferret

WPC 149
GPC 061
Old 20-08-2009, 04:00 PM

Fitted a Tough Dog RTC steering dampner and replaced my rear axle seals because the R/H was leaking.

MY13 Holden Captiva 7 LX - Family Hack.

2014 T-Box V4 Off-Road Camper - expensive garage ornament.
Old 20-08-2009, 04:37 PM

Fixed my clock today. Went around all the solder joints with the iron.
Connected it up. Worked sorta, kinda dull, then didn't.

Had to be the little 4.7uF, 16v capacitor.
Changed if for a 4.7uF, 25v one because it was the closest I had. (voltage in caps usually doesnt matter as long as you go up)
I had to fold it over because it is twice as tall as the old one.

Works beautifully, nice and bright. Very happy with it.
Old 20-08-2009, 04:50 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogmeister View Post
Nice job Ferret
Thanks Mate, so now I can swap
over to a shovel rack or the jack rack, using the same sleeve,it's a bit like a multi purpose outfit.Depends where I'm goin,fishn or floggn.
Old 21-08-2009, 12:35 AM
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION

Looks nice mate.
It's a lot of weight to have levering on a GU door (the cracking problem) Them jacks can weigh as much as the spare.
Old 21-08-2009, 12:55 AM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudso View Post
Looks nice mate.
It's a lot of weight to have levering on a GU door (the cracking problem) Them jacks can weigh as much as the spare.
Yeah true Sudso, I spose if ya left it on all the time, I mean if you were on rough ground or bad roads constantly,you would need to look at strengthening the door eh, I had a bit of a look inside and I reckon it could be done with out too much fuss, I mostly wear the shovel bracket as I have more use for it. Handy to be able to swap one for the other if needed to lift out a jeep or a cruiser tho he he
Old 21-08-2009, 10:06 PM

Fitted my rear locker and im happy as a pig in ***** should have got a pair years ago. Now I just have to fit the front one.
Old 22-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Chev 6.5 litre V8: no substitute for cubic inches

Garage
Default Spare tyres moved away from back of canopy.

In an effort to try to minimise the possibility of cracking my chassis again, i have been hell-bent on finding a way to get rid of the 100kg that was bolted onto the back of my canopy (IE: 2 x 315/75R16 MTZs plus their respective brackets).

I had to modify the back of the camper trailer so that I could mount one spare back where it was supposed to be (it was only designed to take a 33" max) and that left just one spare on the Patrol.

Still not happy, I've decided to put the remaining spare up on top. Ideally I want to get a couple of roof bars and mount it above the roof of the Patrol. In the meantime, I've chucked it up on top of the canopy as far forward as possible.

However, the top of that canopy is about 2.5 meters above the floor and at my age (54), I'm not able to hoist the bloody thing that high in a million years. In fact I found it very difficult to even get the spares up onto their spot/s on the back of the canopy and so i made up a lifter with a 2000lb leccy winch.

So, in order to now be able to get the wheel/tyre onto the roof, I've made up a jib that I can de-mount. It attaches to one side of the roof top of the canopy and swings around 360 degrees. I've bolted the small winch onto it and used some "Parramatta" rope and the pulley that came with the winch.

It's as rough as guts, but the bloody thing works great.

Now I've just gotta make up an extension cable for the winch with a 50amp Anderson plug on each end.

Cheers

Roachie

Last edited by Roachie; 22-08-2009 at 08:50 PM.
Old 22-08-2009, 03:36 PM

Garage

That's the go Roachie, us old codgers need things to be easy eh, who cares if it's a bit
bustedarse,as long as it does the job,I'm still waiting for the bloke that lifts Me on and off to come back from hollidays!he he
Old 22-08-2009, 06:14 PM

Checked engine oil & water levels. Booked in tomorrow to have radiator removed & cleaned properly. Good check-over under it's belly for nasty surprises, all good.
#23 GQ 2.8 CLUB.
New Ride : 05 GU4 ZD30, 5 spd, Family Tourer...
Old 22-08-2009, 08:46 PM
Chev 6.5 litre V8: no substitute for cubic inches

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FERRET View Post
That's the go Roachie, us old codgers need things to be easy eh, who cares if it's a bit
bustedarse,as long as it does the job,I'm still waiting for the bloke that lifts Me on and off to come back from hollidays!he he
G'day Ferret,
I shouldn't be "talking" to you mate.....your handiwork is far too good for the likes of me....

I look at the neat welding on that job of yours on the hi-lift jack mount and then I look at the spoggy-chit that I call "welding" and it makes me wanna puke!!!! hahahaha

Very nice job mate.

Cheers

Roachie
Old 22-08-2009, 09:08 PM

Garage

Thanks Roachie, I'v got an old 3ph stick welder, about 50 years old,I grew up with it in My dads shed, good for small jobs, I use it almost every day. I hate welding, with a passion, but the Missus won't do it, so I'm stuck with it.