What did you do to your GU/GQ Patrol today? - Page 2 - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > General Technical Discussions > General Patrol Discussion

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-07-2009, 05:26 PM

I totally ignored mine yesterday and went and had a look at a Jeep Wrangler. When I went to go out today it didn't want to start. I think I'm being punished for being unfaithful

Barbeque Theory: The only opinions that count are of those whom you would have over to your place for a barbeque on a Saturday arvo.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-07-2009, 05:39 PM

Drove it home from work.
Carefully positioned 3 bits of old plywood underneath it to stop the diesel leak from staining the driveway.
Drank beer.

Want to buy something on the Forums from interstate? The Patrol4x4 Freight Service might be able to help.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 26-07-2009, 05:45 PM

Removed the thermostat housing to replace leaking O ring seal.
Replaced the gasket at the back as well, new one was made of metal, whats up with that?
Also removed block drain plug,(took awhile to find it) drained block and radiator,flushed same, replaced bottom rad hose.

Old 26-07-2009, 06:12 PM

Garage

Gave the old mav's interior a going over, think I may have taken it bit to far

The Following User Says Thank You to chrismav For This Useful Post:
92GQ (10-07-2014)
Old 26-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Chev 6.5 litre V8: no substitute for cubic inches

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrol_brad View Post
I looked at it, got depressed about not being able to drive it off road due to having just had an internal organ removed.

started it, let it run for a while to keep the battery good, stopped it, went inside.

On the up side, i've been given some free money to spend on it.

The deal is get our old 92 charade road worthy and sell it. I can spend the profit on the GQ.

Should be enough for some tyres and wheels hopfuly with change to buy a cheap box trailer and some steel to turn it into a half decent camping (not 'camper) trailer.
Strewth...getting an organ removed is gettin a bit bloody serious..... I hope it wasn't your heart???

Seriously, I hope you get back behind the wheel asap.....

Roachie
Old 26-07-2009, 06:18 PM
Chev 6.5 litre V8: no substitute for cubic inches

Garage

I tidied-up a bit of air-line hose fitting and moved the front Ryco outlet onto a different part of the bullbar.

On Friday I fitted-up the little gizmo between the filter housing and the filter, in readiness for fitting a McNally oil pressure/temp gauge when I finally get around to ordering it. I didn't take it for a test drive immediately; but on Friday night I drove the 34klm to/from Moonta to get a Chinese feed. Yesterday morning when I went out to the carport, friggin oil all over the joint. BUGGAR!!! Cleaned it all up and re-fitted the gizmo with some Stag to help seal everything this time. Took it for a short drive and it seems to be okay now...

There's always something going on with my Chev-Nissan.
Old 26-07-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismav View Post

GOD DAMN, i have never seen a 4wd interior that clean after they drive out of the stealership

Wanna come over and do mine
Old 26-07-2009, 06:36 PM

Quote:

You missed a bit.

Dirt in the right hand vent. Bwhahahahahahaha

Barbeque Theory: The only opinions that count are of those whom you would have over to your place for a barbeque on a Saturday arvo.
Old 26-07-2009, 06:55 PM

cut my draws up a bit to fit some 12" subs in a box and wired up my new amp to them and went for a quick wheel with some mates
Old 26-07-2009, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roachie View Post
Strewth...getting an organ removed is gettin a bit bloody serious..... I hope it wasn't your heart???

Seriously, I hope you get back behind the wheel asap.....

Roachie

It was only my galblader, so it means i an eat real food again. Was keyhole, three 1cm cuts and one 3cm cut through my belly button. 4 more weeks and i'm off light duties, so not long till i can drive off road again.

for the first time in months i actually feel healthy.
The Following User Says Thank You to patrol_brad For This Useful Post:
jesse86 (24-11-2015)
Old 26-07-2009, 07:16 PM

Reduced a complete lwb gq to chassis rails.
Old 26-07-2009, 07:25 PM
nothing else matters

chrismav...i'm impressed - what stuff did you use to clean the interior apart from elbow grease??

Old 26-07-2009, 07:37 PM

Send a message via MSN to scottymqturbo

put my newly purchased simex jungel trekkerz on with help of mates on friday night.. went for a play that night.. at work on sat realised that there was only 3 nuts holding on the front passanger tyre n about 5mm gap between the nut n the wheel coz the studs were all fuked... n spents all sat night n 2day fixing the studs... 10ton press only just managed to get the disk n the hub apart.. she was tight.. porta power just couldnt do it...
Old 26-07-2009, 07:37 PM

I got my new 3 core radiator on friday arvo and fitted a new set of au thermos to it by welding up a bracket for it. New water pump while i was there and replaced all the bolts with new high tensile bolts. solid as
Old 26-07-2009, 08:12 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahame View Post
You missed a bit.

Dirt in the right hand vent. Bwhahahahahahaha

Ha ha, thanks mate Ill get onto that

Yumpet, bring her down mate. Well get it looking smick lol.

twodiffs, Just lots of albow grease and standard interior cleaner mate. And a touch of obsessive conpulsive disorder
Old 26-07-2009, 08:43 PM

Send a message via MSN to beas3805

Mounted me power inverter in the glovebox and wired her up, adjusted the door catches so they would close properly instead of the usual slamming them shut, replaced a rad hose that had a pin hole in it, stood there stairing at the rear of me car continplating on making some rear draw storage but decided to go inside and watch tv
Old 26-07-2009, 08:48 PM

Went for a drive..

Bent a side step. Bent something in the steering (steering wheel's off-centre).

4x4 Offroad Clinic - NavRun
Old 27-07-2009, 10:02 AM

Well it was yesterday, but I fitted a new Head Unit, drove it to supercheap, airport, mates house.... then got angry at a slow driver so I took it out on the Cooper Tyres... lol

Today I looked and admired it and got into the work car!

Cheers
Old 27-07-2009, 10:43 AM

Default What I did

Well it started last week with an oil change, and check the rest of the fluids. Looked around whist underneath it looks ok but not what i'd like to see on a track the top side looks better there. Went all out and sealed a leak in the snorkle to stop the H2O getting in and then loaded it for a fun weekend i got back fom last night. Sorry guy's i just had to say it lol
Old 27-07-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:

Good work mate, mine looks like this most of the time, once you get it there it is not that hard to maintain. I am a bit anal with both my cars but I really like having an 18 year truck that still looks fairly new.

I dont have a pic of the inside but here is one of the outside.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 007.jpg (96.0 KB, 1506 views)