What did you do to your GU/GQ Patrol today? - Page 51 - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > General Technical Discussions > General Patrol Discussion

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-03-2010, 07:43 PM

Well exactly today, but over the last week

1. Put in a second hand power steering box, as the last one had destroyed itself internally,
2. New plugs (BPR5EIX)
3. Oil and grease
4. Pulled the fuel gauge sender and gave it some minor attitude adjustment so that it actually reads from full to empty now.

All on a 1990 Ford Maverick TB42

The ouch part was last week, $1600 on the aircon, new compressor, condenser and evaporator. Lots of coin, but oh is it so nice to have cold air again.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-03-2010, 07:50 PM

Garage
Send a message via MSN to coxsy

fitted a superior adjustable front panhard rod to fix the axlecentre under the truck after a 75mm lift, will cut and lenghten the rear one this week
oh where does everyone put the pump for air lockers under the hood
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 27-03-2010, 08:00 PM

Send a message via MSN to marin

Quote:
Originally Posted by coxsy View Post
fitted a superior adjustable front panhard rod to fix the axlecentre under the truck after a 75mm lift, will cut and lenghten the rear one this week
oh where does everyone put the pump for air lockers under the hood
Under the pass. seat.

Old 27-03-2010, 08:51 PM

Fitted 3inch flexi lift kit
Old 27-03-2010, 08:54 PM

Fitted aluminium mesh to my full length roof racks - now much more useable. As usual a simple project becomes a PITA when you can't buy the mesh in sheet sizes that fit the racks...
92 GQ, TD42T, 2" lift, Snorkel, 33x12.5x15 Buckshots & Dynamic Rims, Spotties, UHF, Bullbar, Roof Racks, White Patrol Club #203
Old 28-03-2010, 06:08 PM

had a grumble when i got home from a weekend of playing. realising i need to lift the bugger to be able to have any more fun with it. damn saggy old shocks and coils. very sad.
2"XGS shocks
Lovells springs
Diamond Automotive custom body lift
35" maxxis bighorns
Old 28-03-2010, 08:37 PM

Trying to clime a nice soft but very steep hill in second gear low range at around 3,500 rpm with the new 36" peedes the front right cv thought that it had had enough and went CRACK. Got home pulled the hub off and found the dog looked a bit odd and give it a pull and about 3" if the axle come out. It had snaped the end of the axle off in the stub. So now I have to fix that.
Old 28-03-2010, 09:18 PM
Part Of The Furniture Round Here

Garage

Installed remote UHF speaker to the GME TX3420, plucked clutch/flywheel from spare donk a few days back and got the whole faschizzle on an engine cradle. Tried out new chain block lift donk onto cradle and assembled arrived jack stands and "garage panzer" 2150kg floor jack. Gotta figure out why its got no oil pressure (spare donk); main contenders look like being rooted oil pump, a worn out oil pressure relief valve somewhere or the bloody pickup got blocked. Started thinking about how to design flywheel to work with a sterndrive at work cause I was bored, put that off to sometime in the future, not bored enough. Cut up steel for the spare gearbox trolley, went round to mates house to get welded. Then it was teatime, so we finish welding tomorrow when he brings his mig home.

Decided to order another two engine cradles (for 1x RD and 1x RB) before tax time, figured forgiveness is more likely than permission
Old 28-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Give it some goat

Send a message via MSN to 89 GQ

Adjusted tappets and gave it a good clean out. Touched up some of the paint so now it looks a little bit cleaner.
Old 28-03-2010, 11:37 PM

Garage

Sent it off to the doctors for a new clutch. I knew when I bought it (3 months ago) the clutch was dicky. It wouldn't go into gear unless your foot was jammed to the floor but it wouldn't fully engage until your foot was almost off the clutch. I'll find out what the deal was in a couple of days.
Old 29-03-2010, 07:33 PM

Send a message via MSN to NZDAN

Replaced drivers rear window mechanism, broke it yesterday, almost everything I touched yesterday seemed to break
Old 29-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Sabbath Keeper

After pulling the rear bar off yesterday, I begun attacking the rust that had begun on the inside channel of the chassis ends... nothing too serious, but certainly needed addressing! I then gave it a good coat of enamel, then slopped a heap of fish oil up the channel as far as I could get it.... should do the trick!

After closer inspection of the rear bar however, (aftermarket) it's in pretty poor condition... as I begun taking the paint and rust build up off, I discovered many holes which had been filled with bog and painted over... NOT HAPPY JAN. Will need to look at maybe finding a welder/fabricator to chat with to see if the bar is worth ressurecting. Otherwise it's an unfortunate loss.

This is not what I need at the moment!!!

On a good note... I finally got around to installing my Jap spec tail lights... very nice!
Old 29-03-2010, 09:53 PM

I took the oil pressure sensor off and fitted the master gauge from work.
My dash gauge was telling me, 2 kg/cm2 (28psi) at full pressure hot.
the master gauge says 50psi at the same temp and revs.

then while putting the sensor back in, i broke both the wires off.
Old 29-03-2010, 10:07 PM

Removed this strange looking thing:

So i can put this one on:
Old 29-03-2010, 10:43 PM
i like it dirty

Send a message via MSN to Jaido Send a message via Skype™ to Jaido

whats the difference?

is the second one a direct injected head or something
Old 29-03-2010, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88MAV View Post
whats the difference?

is the second one a direct injected head or something
Nah no difference, its just new

I had serious overheating problems and blowing bubbles through the coolant, it was probably just the gasket as I can't yet see anything wrong with the head (havn't had a good look though), owell at least I'll know it'll be fine when I'm done
Old 29-03-2010, 11:07 PM

Had the radiator rodded flushed, pressure tested & general clean out.
Replaced fuel filter, oil filters, changed oils in gearbox, diffs as well.
Flushed the brakes, clutch with new fluids & went for a spin.
That was enough for today.
Old 30-03-2010, 08:39 PM

Default Fixed it

installed new starter, leads & drove the barsted thing
then put a carbi kit through it & now it runs well on gas & crap on fuel ah well Ill sort that tomorrow

Old 31-03-2010, 01:33 PM

changed the headlights from sealed units to some semi sealed assemblies and some narva bulbs. can finally see something when the low beams are on
Old 31-03-2010, 01:51 PM

installed new carpet, fixed rust in the roof, installed fixed aircleaner hose, install pertronix ignition and new coil, install brake bias bracket all i have left for now is the extended rear brake line