Hiiiiiii - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > General Patrol Forums > Newbies Check in Forum, New Members Introduce Yourself Here

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-03-2017, 07:13 PM

Default Hiiiiiii

Hey Everyone,

Just checking in to say Hi and make my first post on the forum. I've had the patrol for over a year now and am always looking for new and innovate upgrades for it.

The car is a 2005 Nissan Patrol TD42TI (yayyyy a s4 td42 lol)
When I got the car it was completely standard and I have since done the following
Mods list -
Upgraded speakers.. anyone into car audio I have Morel Virtus 602 speakers in the back doors and Hertz Hi Energy speakers in the front along with a focal boomba sub. I basically wanted a nice sounding stereo without huge current draw as i run it off my 2nd battery so when we are in the middle of nowhere we can have music playing
Battery upgrade
I have a dual battery system that uses a redarc bcdc40 amp charger in combination with a full river dc105 amp battery (which is amazing btw) I have this setup in the back of the car
Fridge - engel 60L fridge
tyres - BFG K02 285/70/17 tyress
Air compressor - arb portable air compressor.
Suspension - 3'' lift with 1'' coil spacers from EFS. I can't fault this gear. I always get compliments about how well the car rides across corrugation and when offroad
Exhaust - X-force 3'' turbo back exhaust (soon to be changed to legendex)
Turbo - standard running at 15psi (trying to figure out what one to upgrade)
injector pump - standard but has been tickled. the car makes 105RWKW which is nice.
Intercooler - standard (upgrading to legendex as soon as it's available)
Rhino rack and side awning

Future mods:
I'd like to get a set of rear draws. I'm leaning towards the dobinsons ones as they include a fridge slider and we use a bit of their gear at work and are happy with it.
Front diff locker - have my eyes set on a harrop e-locker
Long range fuel tank
Water tank setup on roof racks
Dual wheel carrier for back - looking at the mcc ones

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-03-2017, 11:16 PM
Educated Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_rostron View Post
Hey Everyone,

Just checking in to say Hi and make my first post on the forum. I've had the patrol for over a year now and am always looking for new and innovate upgrades for it.

The car is a 2005 Nissan Patrol TD42TI (yayyyy a s4 td42 lol)
When I got the car it was completely standard and I have since done the following
Mods list -
Upgraded speakers.. anyone into car audio I have Morel Virtus 602 speakers in the back doors and Hertz Hi Energy speakers in the front along with a focal boomba sub. I basically wanted a nice sounding stereo without huge current draw as i run it off my 2nd battery so when we are in the middle of nowhere we can have music playing
Battery upgrade
I have a dual battery system that uses a redarc bcdc40 amp charger in combination with a full river dc105 amp battery (which is amazing btw) I have this setup in the back of the car
Fridge - engel 60L fridge
tyres - BFG K02 285/70/17 tyress
Air compressor - arb portable air compressor.
Suspension - 3'' lift with 1'' coil spacers from EFS. I can't fault this gear. I always get compliments about how well the car rides across corrugation and when offroad
Exhaust - X-force 3'' turbo back exhaust (soon to be changed to legendex)
Turbo - standard running at 15psi (trying to figure out what one to upgrade)
injector pump - standard but has been tickled. the car makes 105RWKW which is nice.
Intercooler - standard (upgrading to legendex as soon as it's available)
Rhino rack and side awning

Future mods:
I'd like to get a set of rear draws. I'm leaning towards the dobinsons ones as they include a fridge slider and we use a bit of their gear at work and are happy with it.
Front diff locker - have my eyes set on a harrop e-locker
Long range fuel tank
Water tank setup on roof racks
Dual wheel carrier for back - looking at the mcc ones

Welcome to the madhouse mate. Where are you from?
Nice rig.
What sort of bull bar is that? Doesn't look familiar. But hey maybe I just haven't seen one. LOL

Franky.
Old 20-03-2017, 11:44 PM
..Hollywood..

Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,977 Posts
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franky73 View Post
What sort of bull bar is that? Doesn't look familiar. But hey maybe I just haven't seen one. LOL
It's a genuine Nissan bar Franky, the most common type you'll see on any GU

Adam I see you've met the court jester....

The doorman will be along shortly too lol

Every dog has his day.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 21-03-2017, 07:44 AM

Hey,

It's a factory bullbar. Does the Job well enough for now.. If I decide to get a winch I might change it, but not sure what I would change it to.

I'm from Cairns, so we sort of have the cape in our back yard. 90% of our trips are out west and we make weekend trips of the creb track (when it's open) so it's a good area to own a 4x4.

I used to follow this forum quiet regularly when I worked at diesel smart from 2010-2013 as we would always like to see what people were saying about the products... however I'm no longer working for a chip company (still in 4x4 accessory sales, just in a local shop in cairns) I'm here for leisure and to get ideas on how to set up my car.

It's primarily for touring with plans to make it to the tip in the very near future so my goal is to have it setup so that I can just put my clothes and swag in it and head off for a weekend or a week.. Which is why I've pretty much decided the next thing I'll get for it is the rear draws and roof basket.
Old 21-03-2017, 08:23 AM
--- The Rodfather ---

Thanked 4,918 Times in 3,469 Posts
Garage

Welcome Adam, nice to start with a good blank canvas.

Be careful of the two previous sandgropers they are a different breed , there will be another one along shortly, he's the doorman, lolololol.

My Album
My Build
My Channel
ZD30DI Tech Archives
NADS, So You Bought a ZD30DI
My Dawes valve works fine! Where did I go wrong? .

Domestic Violence Has No Excuse, Rugby League Players Are Not Above The Law.

Old 21-03-2017, 09:27 AM
The Member Formerly Known as Lusty Dusty

G'day Adam.
Only one thing worse than an South Australian.....and that's a Queenslander...
OOPS.....isn't Cairns somewhere near Queensland?

Cheers......Lionel.
Old 21-03-2017, 10:59 AM
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF

Thanked 1,209 Times in 964 Posts
Garage

Welcome adam, (from one of the forums more sensible members)...

very nice rig mate, and being a 4.2.. we wont be showing you our NADS.
Old 21-03-2017, 11:53 AM
..Hollywood..

Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,977 Posts
Garage

Being a 4.2 it already has far bigger nads than yours anyway lol

4.2s are like Chinese architecture. They didn't build to the size of the human body, they built to the size of the HUMAN SPIRIT! Big heart those engines

'One of the forum's more sensible members...'..... 45, really?

I'm sure Mr Adam can see through that. That's like saying Trump is one of the US' more sensible presidents....

Every dog has his day.
Old 22-03-2017, 12:30 PM
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF

Thanked 1,209 Times in 964 Posts
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leethal View Post
Being a 4.2 it already has far bigger nads than yours anyway lol

4.2s are like Chinese architecture. They didn't build to the size of the human body, they built to the size of the HUMAN SPIRIT! Big heart those engines

'One of the forum's more sensible members...'..... 45, really?

I'm sure Mr Adam can see through that. That's like saying Trump is one of the US' more sensible presidents....
He is, and I am and your not....
Old 22-03-2017, 08:20 PM

haha thanks for the worm welcome guys!