New Patrol Owner - SA - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > General Patrol Forums > Newbies Check in Forum, New Members Introduce Yourself Here

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2017, 09:48 PM

Default New Patrol Owner - SA

Hi everyone,

Have been having a good read of the forums over the last couple of weeks.

Just picked up 2010 TI CRD patrol from NSW on the weekend just gone.

Has had a fair amount of coin spent on it by the previous owner.

Superior engineering lift kit (at least 4" if not more, the side steps are at knee cap height)
Eaton E-lockers front & rear
Cross country intercooler upgrade
Taipan XP exhaust (not very loud thankfully)
Dawes valve & catch can
33" tyres
winch
uhf
accelerator anti lag module
snorkel
appears to have a secondary fuel filter

My mods for the immediate future will be the redarc duel boost / egt gauge. Having trouble finding a single guage pod for the A pillar though as I don't want the gauges anywhere else but I can't fit a dual pod as the factory TI tweeters are in the A pillar.

Some rock sliders / heavy duty side steps will also have to go on as the car is pretty clean and I want to keep the sill panels free from damage.

All the door speakers will need to be replaced as currently the passenger front door is the only one to have a functioning woofer.

Is definitely so much nicer to drive than my old 105 series landcruiser which was also a weapon offroad but was nasty as a daily driver.

The only real issue I seem to be having with the new rig is that there is a vacuum line that goes from an elbow on the front of the CC I/C and goes to what I assume is the map sensor. I found it had blown off and sprayed a reasonable amount of oil on top of the engine on the trip back to SA.

I re-fitted the hose, fitted a decent clamp and cleaned all the oil but it appears the oil is still squeezing out somehow. The hose is soft from the oil but I think the real issue is that there shouldn't be that much oil coming out of the I/C to begin with.

Looking forward to many years in the patrol,

Cheers,

Allen...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2017, 10:03 PM
--- The Rodfather ---

Thanked 5,275 Times in 3,729 Posts
Garage

Welcome to the forum Allen, if indeed that line is going from the front of the IC to the MAP then it's boost not vacuum, seeing as the MAP is a dead head oil can build up in there over time if the catch can is not functioning correctly, that would be the only reason you would have that much oil in the IC.

Certainly does look like it has had a few bucks spent on it.

What make is the bonnet scoop, a bit hard to make out fully but it looks to have an unusual shaped opening?

My Album
My Build
My Channel
ZD30DI Tech Archives
NADS, So You Bought a ZD30DI
http://powercurve.com.au/
My Dawes valve works fine! Where did I go wrong? .

Domestic Violence Has No Excuse, Rugby League Players Are Not Above The Law.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-04-2017, 10:14 PM

Cheers for the reply.

Sorry, I should have worded that better. I've always called that type of hose vacuum line regardless of + or - pressure.

Looks like I will have to check the catch can out then. Didn't even know it had one until I was poking around in the engine bay last night. It's not a provent one, looks like a generic alloy one so not sure of the quality.

Not entirely sure where the scoop is from but it is considerably higher than a standard one. Will get some closer pics of it in the daylight if you want. Will see if there are any brand markings on it.

Old 11-04-2017, 10:27 PM
--- The Rodfather ---

Thanked 5,275 Times in 3,729 Posts
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hr31coupe View Post
Cheers for the reply.

Sorry, I should have worded that better. I've always called that type of hose vacuum line regardless of + or - pressure.

Looks like I will have to check the catch can out then. Didn't even know it had one until I was poking around in the engine bay last night. It's not a provent one, looks like a generic alloy one so not sure of the quality.

Not entirely sure where the scoop is from but it is considerably higher than a standard one. Will get some closer pics of it in the daylight if you want. Will see if there are any brand markings on it.
The cheap catch cans can work if you do a few mods, that is what I use, but if it is one of those SuperCXheap ones that has not been modified then they basically do nothing. Pull the hose off the IC inlet and have a look if the hose and IC are heavily coated internally then that is your problem.

My Album
My Build
My Channel
ZD30DI Tech Archives
NADS, So You Bought a ZD30DI
http://powercurve.com.au/
My Dawes valve works fine! Where did I go wrong? .

Domestic Violence Has No Excuse, Rugby League Players Are Not Above The Law.

Old 12-04-2017, 06:14 AM
The Member Formerly Known as Lusty Dusty

G'day Allen.
You seem literate, intelligent, have a nice car and appear to know your way around it.

Can I take that to mean you're not native to SA......hehehe.

Welcome mate.

Cheers......Lionel.
Old 13-04-2017, 06:16 PM

Welcome aboard mate..
Old 21-04-2017, 10:17 PM

Couldn't see any manufacturer ID on the bonnet scoop. Upon closer inspection though it wouldn't be as effective as it could be as they have just stuck it over the existing I/C cutout so there would be some restriction.

As for my oil leak, thanks to another thread on here I managed to track it down to the large rubber seal in the rocker cover that mates up to the large metal disc around the front injector. Swapped the entire rocker cover over with a good condition 2nd hand one from a wrecker and have had no oil spray over the engine for the last couple of days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissnut View Post
G'day Allen.
You seem literate, intelligent, have a nice car and appear to know your way around it.

Can I take that to mean you're not native to SA......hehehe.

Welcome mate.

Cheers......Lionel.
haha, SA born & raised, sorry to dissapoint
The Following User Says Thank You to hr31coupe For This Useful Post:
Nissnut (22-04-2017)
Old 21-04-2017, 11:00 PM
The Member Formerly Known As Idiot 1 :)

Thanked 1,285 Times in 943 Posts
Garage

don't pay attention to Nissnut, he's just anti south Australian. because he's jealous of us .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GUzdute For This Useful Post:
GU~10~patrol (02-05-2017), Nissnut (22-04-2017)
Old 02-05-2017, 11:07 AM

HR31coupe

Very clean looking patrol and wow already a well set up vehicle you scored well there Allen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk