Can't open my rear driver side door - Page 2 - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

 


Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Nissan Patrol and Safari Models > Nissan Patrol GQ/Y60 & Ford Maverick

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 23-02-2017, 05:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 303
Thanks: 26
Thanked 81 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom14 View Post
Thanx for starting this thread. I've been having the same problem over a year and I've been blaming the woman who backed up her car onto the same door on mine, and the subsequent panel beating on it. Mine's still manageable buy quickly pulling and pushing the lock until it disengages, but pretty soon I'll have to open it up and fix it.
Fix it ASAP. Mine was fine for years, then did the, "only opens on the last bit of handle travel" thing for 2 days, then desisted completely.

Even if you can get at it from the inside, it's a lot easier to not have to.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dkril For This Useful Post:
dom14 (23-02-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #22  
Old 23-02-2017, 08:21 PM
dom14's Avatar
Part Of The Furniture Round Here
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Land of Echidnas
Posts: 3,723
Thanks: 2,271
Thanked 332 Times in 301 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkril View Post
Fix it ASAP. Mine was fine for years, then did the, "only opens on the last bit of handle travel" thing for 2 days, then desisted completely.

Even if you can get at it from the inside, it's a lot easier to not have to.
When mine get jammed, it doesn't matter whether I use the lever from outside or inside, it stays locked. For some reason it was doing it a lot last year, but 2017 appears to be my "lucky" year, 'cos I haven't experienced it yet,which tells me it's will let go pretty soon and I won't be able to open the door at all.
__________________
“If you want to lose your religion, make friends with the priest.” - George Gurdjieff
http://www.altaconservation.org/
Cheetah Outreach
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dom14 For This Useful Post:
Nissnut (24-02-2017)
  #23  
Old 24-02-2017, 09:06 AM
The Member Formerly Known as Lusty Dusty

 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Northam WA
Posts: 4,548
Thanks: 897
Thanked 545 Times in 318 Posts
Default

You can bet your bottom dollar on that Dom.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nissnut For This Useful Post:
dom14 (25-02-2017)
 
  #24  
Old 18-03-2017, 04:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 303
Thanks: 26
Thanked 81 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Today I was putting some stuff in the Patrol, and I noticed that there's a blanking grommet in the front of the rear DS door, (probably in both rear doors) presumably for the electric window wiring as there's a corresponding grommet in the B-pillar. I have no such fanciness.

I pulled said grommet out, and was able to see mechanisms that move when I pull handles, raise the lock knob, etc. Couldn't get a picture as there's not enough room to aim light and a camera through the hole.

Can anybody tell me which bit I need to try to poke, prod, raise or lower in order to unlock the damn door? Maybe even a pretty picture that (roughly) matches my perspective through the front wall of the door .
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 19-03-2017, 06:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 303
Thanks: 26
Thanked 81 Times in 65 Posts
Default

It occurred to me that there's a perfectly functioning PS door I could dismantle and study, rather than waiting for pictures on here .

Poking and prodding through the electric window wiring hole achieved nothing. For some reason I decided to spray some Inox through the outside door handle rear seal. Cycled the lock knob a few times and.... CLONK.

So I pulled the door card, then lubed the bejesus out of both doors.

I also fixed the bent bracket thing that dazza67 mentioned. Only the DS was bent, which is the only door I've ever had problems with. Maybe that's a symptom of the lock not cycling correctly, rather than a separate problem.

Anyway, door opens now .
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 19-03-2017, 09:26 PM
Franky73's Avatar
Educated Fool
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Caseys Beach, WA
Posts: 4,413
Thanks: 476
Thanked 869 Times in 677 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkril View Post
It occurred to me that there's a perfectly functioning PS door I could dismantle and study, rather than waiting for pictures on here .

Poking and prodding through the electric window wiring hole achieved nothing. For some reason I decided to spray some Inox through the outside door handle rear seal. Cycled the lock knob a few times and.... CLONK.

So I pulled the door card, then lubed the bejesus out of both doors.

I also fixed the bent bracket thing that dazza67 mentioned. Only the DS was bent, which is the only door I've ever had problems with. Maybe that's a symptom of the lock not cycling correctly, rather than a separate problem.

Anyway, door opens now .
So are you saying the key wouldn't even turn?
What causes did you find behind the card?
Might be useful if I ever find myself in this situation.

Franky.
__________________
04 guIII TD42Ti ST-L. 2" OME Lift, Tough Dog RTC Damper, 285-75 MT ATZ P3's, Safari Snorkel, Dual Batts, Hid Spots, False Floor, Drop slide, Uhf.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 20-03-2017, 05:07 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 303
Thanks: 26
Thanked 81 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franky73 View Post
So are you saying the key wouldn't even turn?
What causes did you find behind the card?
Might be useful if I ever find myself in this situation.

Franky.
No key Franky -- driver's side REAR door .

The cause was as described earlier in the thread -- lack of lube. I was trying to jiggle the lock mechanism so that I could get in and lube it. When I realised I could squirt some lube in by sticking the straw through the rubber seal on the outside door handle, I did that and VOILA! One unlocked door.

Once the door was opened, I removed the door card and lubed everything properly. As I had the PS rear door card off to use as that door a guide to what I was doing, I lubed the PS door's gizzards too while I was in the groove.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 20-03-2017, 06:41 PM
Franky73's Avatar
Educated Fool
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Caseys Beach, WA
Posts: 4,413
Thanks: 476
Thanked 869 Times in 677 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkril View Post
No key Franky -- driver's side REAR door .
The cause was as described earlier in the thread -- lack of lube. I was trying to jiggle the lock mechanism so that I could get in and lube it. When I realised I could squirt some lube in by sticking the straw through the rubber seal on the outside door handle, I did that and VOILA! One unlocked door.

Once the door was opened, I removed the door card and lubed everything properly. As I had the PS rear door card off to use as that door a guide to what I was doing, I lubed the PS door's gizzards too while I was in the groove.
Are yes. Indeed. I obviously read that post carefully. NOT.

Glad you got it sorted.

Franky.
__________________
04 guIII TD42Ti ST-L. 2" OME Lift, Tough Dog RTC Damper, 285-75 MT ATZ P3's, Safari Snorkel, Dual Batts, Hid Spots, False Floor, Drop slide, Uhf.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On







Subscribe in NewsGator Online


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 10:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
 

Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.