Can't open my rear driver side door - Page 2 - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Nissan Patrol and Safari Models > Nissan Patrol GQ/Y60 & Ford Maverick

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-02-2017, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom14 View Post
Thanx for starting this thread. I've been having the same problem over a year and I've been blaming the woman who backed up her car onto the same door on mine, and the subsequent panel beating on it. Mine's still manageable buy quickly pulling and pushing the lock until it disengages, but pretty soon I'll have to open it up and fix it.
Fix it ASAP. Mine was fine for years, then did the, "only opens on the last bit of handle travel" thing for 2 days, then desisted completely.

Even if you can get at it from the inside, it's a lot easier to not have to.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to dkril For This Useful Post:
dom14 (23-02-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-02-2017, 08:21 PM
Part Of The Furniture Round Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkril View Post
Fix it ASAP. Mine was fine for years, then did the, "only opens on the last bit of handle travel" thing for 2 days, then desisted completely.

Even if you can get at it from the inside, it's a lot easier to not have to.
When mine get jammed, it doesn't matter whether I use the lever from outside or inside, it stays locked. For some reason it was doing it a lot last year, but 2017 appears to be my "lucky" year, 'cos I haven't experienced it yet,which tells me it's will let go pretty soon and I won't be able to open the door at all.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to dom14 For This Useful Post:
Nissnut (24-02-2017)
Old 24-02-2017, 09:06 AM
The Member Formerly Known as Lusty Dusty

You can bet your bottom dollar on that Dom.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nissnut For This Useful Post:
dom14 (25-02-2017)

Old 18-03-2017, 04:31 PM

Today I was putting some stuff in the Patrol, and I noticed that there's a blanking grommet in the front of the rear DS door, (probably in both rear doors) presumably for the electric window wiring as there's a corresponding grommet in the B-pillar. I have no such fanciness.

I pulled said grommet out, and was able to see mechanisms that move when I pull handles, raise the lock knob, etc. Couldn't get a picture as there's not enough room to aim light and a camera through the hole.

Can anybody tell me which bit I need to try to poke, prod, raise or lower in order to unlock the damn door? Maybe even a pretty picture that (roughly) matches my perspective through the front wall of the door .
Old 19-03-2017, 06:07 PM

It occurred to me that there's a perfectly functioning PS door I could dismantle and study, rather than waiting for pictures on here .

Poking and prodding through the electric window wiring hole achieved nothing. For some reason I decided to spray some Inox through the outside door handle rear seal. Cycled the lock knob a few times and.... CLONK.

So I pulled the door card, then lubed the bejesus out of both doors.

I also fixed the bent bracket thing that dazza67 mentioned. Only the DS was bent, which is the only door I've ever had problems with. Maybe that's a symptom of the lock not cycling correctly, rather than a separate problem.

Anyway, door opens now .
Old 19-03-2017, 09:26 PM
Educated Fool

Quote:
It occurred to me that there's a perfectly functioning PS door I could dismantle and study, rather than waiting for pictures on here .

Poking and prodding through the electric window wiring hole achieved nothing. For some reason I decided to spray some Inox through the outside door handle rear seal. Cycled the lock knob a few times and.... CLONK.

So I pulled the door card, then lubed the bejesus out of both doors.

I also fixed the bent bracket thing that dazza67 mentioned. Only the DS was bent, which is the only door I've ever had problems with. Maybe that's a symptom of the lock not cycling correctly, rather than a separate problem.

Anyway, door opens now .
So are you saying the key wouldn't even turn?
What causes did you find behind the card?
Might be useful if I ever find myself in this situation.

Franky.
Old 20-03-2017, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franky73 View Post
So are you saying the key wouldn't even turn?
What causes did you find behind the card?
Might be useful if I ever find myself in this situation.

Franky.
No key Franky -- driver's side REAR door .

The cause was as described earlier in the thread -- lack of lube. I was trying to jiggle the lock mechanism so that I could get in and lube it. When I realised I could squirt some lube in by sticking the straw through the rubber seal on the outside door handle, I did that and VOILA! One unlocked door.

Once the door was opened, I removed the door card and lubed everything properly. As I had the PS rear door card off to use as that door a guide to what I was doing, I lubed the PS door's gizzards too while I was in the groove.
Old 20-03-2017, 06:41 PM
Educated Fool

Quote:
No key Franky -- driver's side REAR door .
The cause was as described earlier in the thread -- lack of lube. I was trying to jiggle the lock mechanism so that I could get in and lube it. When I realised I could squirt some lube in by sticking the straw through the rubber seal on the outside door handle, I did that and VOILA! One unlocked door.

Once the door was opened, I removed the door card and lubed everything properly. As I had the PS rear door card off to use as that door a guide to what I was doing, I lubed the PS door's gizzards too while I was in the groove.
Are yes. Indeed. I obviously read that post carefully. NOT.

Glad you got it sorted.

Franky.