Centre Console Fridge Install - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Nissan Patrol and Safari Models > Nissan Patrol GQ/Y60 & Ford Maverick

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-11-2004, 07:21 PM

Default Centre Console Fridge Install

Hi everyone, just finished installing a small fridge in the centre console of my car. It fits in perfectly and looks factory apart from the beige colour. I have wired it up so that no wires are exposed. Just flick a swith and she's on, hot or cold. I would really recommend this for people, especially over summer. It is easy to pull out as well.
It fits about 8 cans
Probably will be useful for just a weekend away when the big fridge isn't needed.
Cheers
Rob

Sorry about the pic quality it was taken from my phone

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-11-2004, 06:14 AM

Looks pretty cool. What brand/make is it? do you know the Lt. capacity is?
Old 23-11-2004, 05:57 PM

It is a waeco-here is the link
http://www.waeco.com.au/products.asp?id=110&cat=4#
cost my dad about a hundred bucks a few years ago
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 23-11-2004, 09:29 PM

Its a good idea, I was thinking of doing the exact same thing a while back but then what to do with all the crap that I put in the centre console??
Old 24-11-2004, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMav
Its a good idea, I was thinking of doing the exact same thing a while back but then what to do with all the crap that I put in the centre console??
Ditto
Old 24-11-2004, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMav
Ditto
keep it all cool and put it in the fridge.

I have a cheapy from DSE, cost me about $30 on special. I just jam it behind the Center console and the hump where the floor rises on my swb (I also have a CB here to help with the packing). For the wirieing I have a couple of ciggy plugs mounted to the drivers side of the center console, just above the seat belt anchor. So the wiring is just jammed under the center console. If I didnt take it out and use it in the magna I would just cut the wires shorter.

Turps
Old 24-11-2004, 02:43 PM
Patrol 4x4 Admin

Anyone got one of those up in QLD? I'm interested to know what they are like at summer time..

Old 24-11-2004, 06:44 PM

Hey Terry if its one of the WAECO fridges it should be fine, their whole range is quallity stuff.

Big Boys Offroad Racing Team
Old 24-11-2004, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Anyone got one of those up in QLD? I'm interested to know what they are like at summer time..
Terry, I run one in the shorty. I had it full of beer and softdrinks at the last two short courses. Plug it in Friday night with warm cans, runs all weekend with nice cold cans by Sat morning. http://www.waeco.com.au/products.asp?id=57&cat=4
it fits between console and back seat on the floor, same height as the console. Hot day, cans are still nice and cool. BTW it does fit 20 beers
Old 24-11-2004, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link
On the side of there packaging it should say how much cooler than ambient it will make it. Most of the cheaper ones say 20c lower. Down to approx 4c. Some of the better Waceo ones will reduse the temp by 30c.

Turps
Old 24-11-2004, 09:08 PM
Patrol 4x4 Admin

I might have to look at getting one for the GQ.. Better sort out some storage elsewhere first though..

Old 24-11-2004, 09:12 PM
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to BIG GQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavTestPilot
Quote:
Terry, I run one in the shorty. I had it full of beer and softdrinks at the last two short courses. Plug it in Friday night with warm cans, runs all weekend with nice cold cans by Sat morning. http://www.waeco.com.au/products.asp?id=57&cat=4
it fits between console and back seat on the floor, same height as the console. Hot day, cans are still nice and cool. BTW it does fit 20 beers
I am very happy with the amount of grog my 60ltr engel fridge/freezer holds

10 very drunk days with just the boys at Fraser Island back in August and all the other clowns were running up the local store to buy $10 worth of ice each day and every time they would say lets do an ice run I would say what is ice LOVE MY ENGEL

***Prior Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Perrformance***

Most sports require only one ball - real sports require two.
Old 25-11-2004, 10:19 PM

Found my own 'Doug's Tub" for the glove box to hold all the breakable crap. Get a basket for the fridge and put all your stuff in there when not using it and easy to pull out to chill beer if you need the fridge, best of both worlds. I have found I had a lot of useless **** in there that i don't need anyway. All the important stuff i could fit in the glovebox
Old 27-11-2004, 10:51 AM

I just ordered one of these thermoelectric coolers online that will hold an entire carton of tinnies and bring the temp down up to 30C from ambient. $150 including 240v adaptor.
Will just sit it on the back seat, I still need my centre console. Buy the waeco ones here.

http:/www.fridgeshop.com

This is the cooler I ordered.

http://www.waeco.com.au/products.asp?id=17&cat=4#

I'll be buying a compressor fridge later on but will still use the cooler as I won't be able to reach for drinks through the cargo barrier to the main fridge. Hopefully they work alright.
Old 01-12-2004, 06:19 AM

Default keeping it cool

I use one for longer trips durung the day for my kids drinks to stop the constant opening and closing of the main fridge. I found it works best if the drinks are cool already - as in kept in the main fridge overnight.
I also had a cig socket put in at the back of the center console running straight of the aux battery, that way it keeps going when we stop therefore less work to keep the temps down. Extra socket also works well for their DVD.

cheers
Pete

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification