GQ clutch problem - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Nissan Patrol and Safari Models > Nissan Patrol GQ/Y60 & Ford Maverick

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2013, 03:05 PM

Default GQ clutch problem

Hi all, first post, please be nice..... have learnt a lot from this forum.

I have an issue with the clutch in my GQ, I am not sure I understand how a clutch works, let me explain what I have experienced and let me know your thoughts.

The issue is the clutch at times wont engage. Jump in the pilot seat, could have driven it the previous day or left it idle for a month (not my daily), naturally the clutch is engaged when I get in, I let the clutch out to select a gear, then attempt to slowly let it back in to move off, basically the clutch seems to get stuck/stick. I can depress the clutch pedal again fully, and slowly let the clutch in but it still doesn't engage. Then eventually, the clutch will engage, like my foot has slipped from the pedal, wheels spin and off we go (with camping gear in all directions). Clutch operation from that time for the rest of the drive is fine.

It seems to happen either after the car is washed or after camping out in the cold, cold enough for the car to be covered in a little ice. Hence I think it may be water (and dare I say rust) related?

Keen for you guys to let me know your thoughts, mechanically I am not sure what is happening here, could some rust or water be preventing the clutch from engaging? Where can water get in? Have all breathers extended to engine bay, away from any moisture.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Cheers
Rookie.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2013, 06:52 PM

Garage

Check fluid level and hoses for any leaks. I just replaced the hose down to the slave cylinder on mine, after noticing a wet spot and I was having trouble selecting gears.
Might need to be bled also. Easy enough.
Cheers,
P.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-07-2013, 08:55 PM

Garage

Get a helper to depress clutch pedal and watch from below what the fork/slave cylinder does.

Repost the answer!

email mark@toptraction.com.au

visit website at http://www.toptraction.com.au
Old 12-07-2013, 09:53 PM

Garage

Also check if the clutch housing is not full of water (there is a plug, but to be honest it seems to go missing as I have never seen it)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification