window mechanism - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Nissan Patrol and Safari Models > Nissan Patrol GQ/Y60 & Ford Maverick

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-01-2008, 06:33 PM

Unhappy window mechanism

Hi I am in Canberra and looking for a front passenger window mechanism. I have the glass but the shaft has broken away from the gear. Does anyone know a wrecker that would have one?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-01-2008, 07:15 PM
bit cold out it seems

Dont bother with a second hand one itll probably happen again in no time.

You can get them from ebay for as low as $46 delivered to your door.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to LycraMooseKnuckle For This Useful Post:
STAR (09-07-2015)
Old 30-01-2008, 08:28 PM

Yom is spot on. Forget the secondhand ones. E-bay or Nissan.

Old 30-01-2008, 08:34 PM

Default window egulator

YOM
Thanks ordered it just now
Old 31-01-2008, 03:22 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Nissan-Patrol...QQcmdZViewItem
The Following User Says Thank You to Mick73 For This Useful Post:
STAR (09-07-2015)
Old 31-01-2008, 10:08 PM

Send a message via MSN to terra88

Mate IMHO after buying a "cheapie" window regulater off ebay I can say that that will be the last time. It was very cheaply made, I hade to modify the mounting holes to fit, thread was different and doesn't wind smooth ... but since a nissan part will cost $140 odd bucks then I guess you get what you pay for ..
Old 01-02-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra88
Mate IMHO after buying a "cheapie" window regulater off ebay I can say that that will be the last time. It was very cheaply made, I hade to modify the mounting holes to fit, thread was different and doesn't wind smooth ... but since a nissan part will cost $140 odd bucks then I guess you get what you pay for ..
I agree... i've replaced both front regulators and bought a cheapie off ebay for the first one for about $50... next time round i bought genuine ($140)

Cheers
Damo
Old 05-02-2008, 05:53 PM

Well just fitted the window regulator from Patrolapart fitted straight in and seems to run smooth. Patrolapart where prompt and helpful. Although there where cosmetic differences the metal thickness and construction seemed to be similar. Time will tell if the savings where real.
Old 02-07-2015, 04:22 PM

Is it easy enough to replace the mechanism? Just remove the door trim and then use normal hand tools?

Trying to find a guide but cant.
Old 02-07-2015, 11:58 PM

Yeah no special tools required for electric windows easy enough job to teach yourself just be careful of scratching your window if it's tinted.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:54 PM

Did mine recently, I found it was best to tape the window in the up position with some duct tape after removing the securing screws at the bottom of the glass. That way you can bugger around with the motor connections etc without having the window getting in the way. Also the glass stays in its guides that way. A good idea is to grease the sliding parts and joints well (before inserting the new regulator) so there's less resistance in the future.
Old 04-01-2017, 09:22 PM

Tonight my drivers window wound down and then made some crunching noises and would't come up.
I started pulling it apart but was beaten by lack of light. Motor works and the plastic gear is still intact. I physicaly couldn't get the glass back up.

Any tips for the morning? I would be happy just to get it up and not use it. The switch has played up for years so i'm used to not using it.