2010 patrol any problems? - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Nissan Patrol and Safari Models > Nissan Patrol GU/GR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2010, 08:14 PM

Default 2010 patrol any problems?

i am thinking of updating to a 2010 patrol, does this model have any of the old problems? will i need to fit the Dawes valve ect on this spec 3.0L? wife said it won't happen if she has anything to do with it but i thought she would have learnt her place by now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2010, 08:37 PM

Maddog, Have had a GU7 2010 Patrol for 4weeks now, awesome. Running all ARB Armour, Replacement sub tanks, 285/70/R17s. 3 inch Taipan XP exhaust and Chip go on tomorrow. With the axing of the ST-L The ST has all the goodies less leather. Love that Truck.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2010, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCABAD View Post
Maddog, Have had a GU7 2010 Patrol for 4weeks now, awesome. Running all ARB Armour, Replacement sub tanks, 285/70/R17s. 3 inch Taipan XP exhaust and Chip go on tomorrow. With the axing of the ST-L The ST has all the goodies less leather. Love that Truck.
Scabad, got some questions for you mate:
  1. Got any pics of your vehicle for us?
  2. Only 4 weeks old I suppose you haven't had it off road yet?
  3. What did you own before the 2010 model?
  4. What are your thoughts of the 2010 model?
  5. Did you buy for touring, towing or offroad?
Cheers.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-05-2010, 10:35 PM

Best to leave engine standard while under warranty

Exhaust will do wonders but must have a boost controller if you dont want this to happen:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 22psi.jpg (45.3 KB, 961 views)
CRD + 200,000Kms Club, Member #1
Old 15-08-2010, 05:30 PM

got the new patrol. have had to do all the mods from my last patrol until i liked it
once i put all the gear on i am a lot happy but it doesn't have the same up and go that the 2004 model had, hoping this is because it is new and it is currently using an extra 2L per 100klm of diesel as well. have now bought a chip which will be going on after i have done 5000klm which will be before the vic high country trip. one other problem i have found is that it is not going back gears sometimes which i will speak to Nissan about this week.
am i happier with the new crd diesel than the old model? yet to be confirmed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg web1.jpg (24.0 KB, 839 views)
Old 15-08-2010, 05:48 PM
Part of the furniture around here

Garage

You really don't need to do any engine mods with the CRD. Get a Scangauge to monitor engine parameters eg boost, but it won't over-boost from what I've found, and maybe a EGT gauge if you feel concerned. The engine definitely benefits from a chip, but you won't really notice anything until it's done at least 15,000km and won't come fully on song until around 30-40,000km+. The boost does come on lower than the non-CRD engines, but that's part of the changes made to ensure longevity.

Cheers

Ray
Old 15-08-2010, 06:49 PM

Hi all !
Reading this thread with some level of anticipation.
Just traded in a 2003 TD5 Defender on a Patrol,2010 3.0l CRD Auto.
Dealer tells me it's just came off the boat, will take delivery in sub two weeks.

Errr, does it rain inside the car when its raining outside ?
If no, then Im already onto a winner......lol...
Old 15-08-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciapek View Post

Errr, does it rain inside the car when its raining outside ?
If no, then Im already onto a winner......lol...
That's a standard feature for the Defender's, automatic interior washing system.
Old 15-08-2010, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
That's a standard feature for the Defender's, automatic interior washing system.
It sure did keep the floors clean....
It had to.....to counter the automatic interior cloaking system...as much dust inside the car as was outside the car.....
Old 15-08-2010, 08:52 PM

Garage

I have the 2009 CRD and don't intend fitting any of these additional daws valves etc.

I tow a caravan and do alot of 4x4ing in it, I expect no problems associated with a 3.0lt sold near 10 years ago.
Old 15-08-2010, 10:44 PM

Default 2009CRD Auto

I have a CRD Auto fitted with a DP Chip but no exhaust as yet...no problems with truck except fuel economy. Has now done 14000km and the best i have got is 16.5lt/100km...when in high country with low range work it is as high as 28l/100km.
Not impressed as i hope to cross the simpson next month and with these figures i will have to carry a couple of jerrycans

cheers George
Old 16-08-2010, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
2010 patrol, does this model have any of the old problems?
Yes, compared to my last 4WD, one problem recurs each month.......... the (re)payments!

Sorry,couldn't resist;
With 2000K's done, mainly highway driving around 110 Kph, 13l/100K, expecting a bit better after 5000K's or so.

The only problem I had was a "slipping belt / screaming" type of noise just before changing gears, increasing with engine revs. Two days after pick up was back at the dealer asking "is this normal?".

After a run around the block demonstrating my concern, a large plastic bag was found sucked into the air cleaner, (crushed it) snorkel installer neglected / forgot to remove after installing!

My initial reaction was stunned disbelief, but before I could get angry, realized that the installer did the right thing, and showed someone took a bit of care. Luckily I had not gone out of town, and with less than 40K's on the clock, no harm done.

On reflection, after my initial driveaway, thought "what a slug", here comes the 3" exhaust, chip, etc, now, very happy with the performance, with the promise of more to come after loosening up.

With all the CRD Patrols running around here in the resource industry, if there were any particular problems recurring we would have heard by now, seems like its going to be "Tough as an old boot".......

My 2c, Cheers.......
Old 07-10-2010, 12:03 AM

Have had my 2010 CRD ST for 3 months now and am enjoying all the goodies my 2003 ser III didn't have like rear aircon, cruise control, blutooth, fog lights etc. At first the new CRD engine didn't seem to pull as hard as the old Direct injection, but now I have got used to it I am really enjoying the way it drives. Not sure if I'll do the exhaust and chip for a while as it is having no dramas towing the 2tonne van. As for the dreaded ZD30 implosion, I have not heard of any CRD's doing this, and surely some of them now are getiing more than 100 thousan kays old. Anyone heard of any major problems with the CRD?????
Old 07-10-2010, 01:40 AM

I have a 2010 CRD thats 16 weeks old with 18000 km on it.

You get over how slow it is, well compared to my old 4.8 :P
Fuel economy is now stuck on 13l/100 regardless of what I do. At the start it was around 12 - 12.5l/100, but last 10k it is 13l/100.

I installed a turbo timer, I will do other suggestions as per the ZD30 bible. Some before and some after warranty expires.

No problems but bluetooth, but its a crappy Nokia so I don't blame Nissan
Old 07-10-2010, 10:32 PM

Picked up mine in June, now have 6,300km's on it as of tonight. Very happy with it, far better then my old GUII. Regretably picked up at the same time I took on a new job, and have had no time to take it off road yet. That will change hopefully next month with weekend trips etc.

Also happy with the factory cruise, bluetooth (how embarassing was that tape deck!) plus the rear air for the billy lids. Have removed the rear seats temporarily for more stowage space, but they'll probably go back in after my youngest two are out of boosters.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:20 PM

Garage

Finally bought a new GU Manual last June. i've have wanted to own a 4wd for years and always liked the look of a Patrol. I have clocked up 6000 k's and managed to take it off road up at port Macquarie once so far. did the north beach to Point Plomer track and a little bit of beach. i was amazed at how well it drove in the sand. didn't drop any air out of the tyres and it gobbled up the sand.

I shouldn't have taken it on the beach as i had no recovery gear at all. i haven;t had any issues at all so far other then this annoying habit of sticking my hand in my pocket and handing over my credit card to various $WD outlets. gotta say that i absolutly love this truck.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:28 AM

Hi Guys, this tread has made me even more excited as i am still waiting for my 2010 4800 st to arrive. I currently own 2003 ZD30, which has been a great truck. Lookin forward to the power increase but not the fuel bill lol.

Lynchie
Old 18-10-2010, 03:36 PM

Hope it goes well Lynchie - picked mine up about 10 days ago , nice car , not quite as powerful as my manual 4800 (which I kept).

In 4 hectic days I fitted it with 40mm tough dogs , 30mm spring spacers and a 75 lt sub tank and a few other bits, keeping the standard tyres.

Just returned from its first drive from melbourne to Stockton beach NSW for a sand play and on the quiet touring drive at an average 94kmh (100 on speedo) it just made the 1075 km trip on its tanks averaging 13. 8 lt/100km , it was a damm side more thirsty on the sand (29) but overall its looking like a great car.

Robin Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynchie View Post
Hi Guys, this tread has made me even more excited as i am still waiting for my 2010 4800 st to arrive. I currently own 2003 ZD30, which has been a great truck. Lookin forward to the power increase but not the fuel bill lol.

Lynchie
Old 21-10-2010, 11:19 PM

Send a message via MSN to s.mac

good to hear guys.
was there any 'power' differences between the non-CRD and the CRD motors?
i think i really need to start working on the misses to replace the Xtrail with a patrol, ive got about a year to do so.

Last edited by s.mac; 22-10-2010 at 04:32 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.mac View Post
good to hear guys.
was there any 'power' differences between the non-CRD and the CRD motors?
i think i really need to start working on the misses to replace the Xtrail with a patrol, ive got about a year to do so.
yes from my experiance there is less power compared to my old 2004 with all the same equipment. worst thing i did was get the new crd model. fuel economy is thru the roof as well. took it to nissan and the service guy admitted they are down on power and fuel economy sucks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification