3lt engine cooling problem - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Nissan Patrol and Safari Models > Nissan Patrol GU/GR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-11-2005, 09:38 PM

Default 3.0 turbo diesel oil turning to gel

Hi Ive just bought a 2002 3lt turbo diesel im having a problem with the loss of water Ive pressure tested the system and there are no visible leaks It uses around 2 litres per 100kms I fear Its entering the engine somewhere though it hasnt missed a beat yet any The water is definately entering the oil system somwhere as it is turning my oil to a gel (not milky as you would expect) must have somthing to do oil or water additives anyway removed the timing cover water dosnt seem to be getting in there next step is to romove the head when I removed the throttle body noticed a large amount of sludge build up only in the port for the e.g.r valve back port sludge free I noticed that the head looks like its been removed at least and maybe even replaced this is th first patrol ive bought and not to imppressed so far. any thoughts as to where my water leak is would be appreciated or any one with a similar problem out there

well removed head water definately getting into no 2 cylinder no obvious sighn of entry sending in for crack test tommorow

well head cracked not the first one my head man has seen reckons there are some serious problems with the pistons cracking and bottom ends locking up combustion chamber temprature being way to high he claims to have seem a memo that had been sent to all dealers in relation to this and what oil that need to be used in the engine to help prevent it

pleased to say however nissan in bendigo are giving me a head for cost price and claim to have no problems with them yet

Last edited by kayne; 23-11-2005 at 07:15 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-04-2006, 06:04 PM

What was the engine oil they recomended ?

http://www.downunder4x4.net/forum/index.php

BLOWN UP ZD30 CLUB MEMBER #230,985
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification