Aircon Filter Replacement - Page 2 - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Nissan Patrol and Safari Models > Nissan Patrol GU/GR

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Part of the furniture around here

Garage

These filters are now being advertised in Nissan dealerships, so either they're putting them in as aftermarket accessories, or some models have them as standard (various car models). The Nissan spare parts counter had no difficulty identifying them.

Cheers

Ray
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-10-2011, 02:54 PM
Currently in PAD rehab

Thanked 3,879 Times in 3,121 Posts
Garage

The Nissan dealership that i called had no idea until i gave them your part number, said they had never sold them. Until i gave them the part number they said that they dont exist, and you cannot install them in Patrols. It actually looks similar to the pollen filter that was changed out of my T31 diesel x-trail... hmm i think i still have that at home, will check it out

Will be good to see if there is any crap in the pipework while im there. i do get a dank smell from the AC sometimes - i didnt know if it was my mankey socks, last nights curry or something dead in the evaporator. Probably a combination of all the above.

Codename ZedDee!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 27-10-2011, 09:16 PM
Grenade Master

Well, I called Main North Nissan in Adelaide today and typical reply:
The B727C-79925 is $52AUD and MK27C-79925 is $104AUD from them.
Of course when I first asked what vehicles these are for(Xtrail, Maxima...) none are for Patrol apparently but afterwards they kept insisting that if fitting the filter for the first time the second kit is needed/should be used. I believe Nizzbits is selling the MK27C-79925 for around $80AUD. It would be nice if Gary could confirm what the heck is going on. Not that I don't trust you Ray but those ****wits from Nissan wouldn't or couldn't tell me how many are in the B727C-79925 box.
Cheers
Old 28-10-2011, 11:42 AM

Rumcajs,
You can certainly trust Ray with what he's telling you... I bought the B727C-79925 'kit' yesterday from Waverley Nissan for $46.45 and there's TWO filters in it. No clips.
So by the sounds of it, the extra $50 or so, for the other kit (MK27C-79925) is for the clips and stickers. Bargain!
I'll be installing them on the weekend, so will find out if the '$50 clip' is needed or if i need to make up one.
LJ
Old 28-10-2011, 12:34 PM
Currently in PAD rehab

Garage

I just got the B727C-79925 kit from grand Nissan at Reynella. Was $49 - they had to get it from Melbourne. Nizzbits was the same price and i had today off so i saved him the hassle and got it from Grand.

Following Ray's instructions was easy enough.. Just remove the glovebox (6 screws) and cut out the rectangles. When you look at the filters you will see one edge has a rail, the other has an offset pattern of lugs. I put the lugs together and pushed both filters in at the same time. They fit snug in the rails, i doubt they will come out so the clip doesnt seem nessesary. If it all went to crap id just stick some gaffa tape over them, but i didnt need to as it was a tight fit.

Handy hint - dont run your AC before doing this - it makes all the mud / trees / small animals wet in there and hard to clean out.

I also cleaned out my AC drain and now the water floweth well...

Mine came with a sticker, 2 filters and no clip. I doubt you need the clip so its up to you if you think its worth the extra $50 - id get a carton of beer or a bottle of turkey instead.

rumcajs - if you want to see it setup - let me know..

Codename ZedDee!
Old 28-10-2011, 12:39 PM
Currently in PAD rehab

Garage

Codename ZedDee!
Old 28-10-2011, 07:41 PM
Grenade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ's GQ View Post
Rumcajs,
You can certainly trust Ray with what he's telling you... I bought the B727C-79925 'kit' yesterday from Waverley Nissan for $46.45 and there's TWO filters in it. No clips.
So by the sounds of it, the extra $50 or so, for the other kit (MK27C-79925) is for the clips and stickers. Bargain!
I'll be installing them on the weekend, so will find out if the '$50 clip' is needed or if i need to make up one.
LJ
I'm sure I can,
I went to Nissan this morning to see for myself and yes the box contains 2 filters but the parts guy just didn't know until I opened the box. Funnily enough sticker on the box says "2 pcs" so the level of incompetence is just astounding particularly when the dude showed me a laminated flyer/promo list which lists all the vehicles models and corresponding part numbers and hey the B727C-79925 fits also Pulsars, Pathfinders as well as Patrols Y61. When I rang yesterday "it doesn't fit Patrols" reply was given. Facepalm!
So if one gets the kit (MK27C-79925) one will end up with 4 filters in 2 boxes + reminder sticker aaaaand one lousy clip which appears to be not needed. So either way it just the same just extra 2 filters for next time. As to the reason why Mr Nissan comes up with such stupidity is just beyond comprehension.
Cheers

Edit: Dronus, you've got yours fitted wrong way (top one, Ray is correct in his original post as usual if following the instructions included in the box). Clip can be obtained over the counter from Nissan for "penauts" they keep them in stock.

Last edited by rumcajs; 29-10-2011 at 07:08 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:34 PM

Anybody done something simillar to a Y61 '99 GU??

I reckon they'd need a clean up after 13 years :s
Snorkel
Nite Stalker HID's
12,000lb winch on steel bar
Uniden UHF
Custom dog box with 42lt water tank &
on-board air & 12lt tank
Old 03-10-2012, 06:44 PM

Garage

Just thought I would kick an old thread in the guts when I found thase
CA1801 CABIN AIR FILTER NISSAN PATROL GU GUII CA-1801 RCA113C RCA113P RCA113 WACF0009 B727A79925 27891-BM400 27891BM400 - Truck parts and Truck replacement parts. BUY ISUZU truck FUSO HINO Truck Parts

WPC 149
GPC 061
Old 22-11-2012, 08:59 AM

can anyone confirm that the cut is done on the inside of the raised lip?

The non gen filters are wider, I don't think it will fit.
66 Mustang 418w runs 10's in street trim
99 LX470 TRD Blown 4.7 V8 SOLD
Old 22-11-2012, 10:06 AM
Currently in PAD rehab

Garage

Yeah mine wouldnt fit the other way around, thats why i put them in that way. Not sure why, and its working well so im not pulling it apart to find out

Codename ZedDee!
Old 22-11-2012, 10:12 AM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by crushu View Post
can anyone confirm that the cut is done on the inside of the raised lip?

The non gen filters are wider, I don't think it will fit.
You cut out the inside part. Once you see it, it's pretty obvious.

Cheers

Ray
Old 22-11-2012, 11:00 AM
Part Of The Furniture Round Here

Do you notice any difference with the filter in compared to without it?

Gotta be doing something with all that crap in it.
Old 22-11-2012, 11:08 AM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalChicken View Post
Do you notice any difference with the filter in compared to without it?

Gotta be doing something with all that crap in it.
After 12 months (that's how often I check it), the filter looks like my air cleaner filter after 10,000km. So yes, I do notice a difference.

Cheers

Ray
Old 22-11-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray! View Post
After 12 months (that's how often I check it), the filter looks like my air cleaner filter after 10,000km. So yes, I do notice a difference.

Cheers

Ray
S'pose I'd better have a look at mine then..........
Old 17-06-2014, 01:31 PM
The Bear

BWuick bit of a thread dredge, but just checked the price on the B727C-79925 air con pollen filters at Cleveland Nissan $50.95. in stock. Good time of year to give the Ac an overhaul, and clean-out.

Put the new AC Condenser in yesterday, and just pulled my evaporator this morning and soaked it in a tub of very hot water and detergent for half an hour to soften 14 years of gunk, hose it out, all nice and clean now and ready to reinstall. Will have to pick-up another set of pollen filters, hence this thread dredge for part numbers and instructions.

I put the filters in a couple of years ago and they really are a boon if you suffer from any pollen or dust related breathing issues. They really made a difference to the air quality. Highly recommended that if you don't have them fitted that you get some and follow the instructions in the above posts.

Even though my patrol already had plenty of gunk in the evaporator when I put them in, they were beneficial. I guess it will stay a lot cleaner and fresher for longer now. Man the amount of gunk, hair, and small leaves and god alone knows what else that was in there it is a wonder the Ac even moved any air.

Going to drop the centrifugal fan now and give the housing a wipe out with a damp cloth, and if the fan come off give it a good wash, should make the AC a lot more efficient when it is all re-gassed next week.

Ah well back to the job at hand, get all don't this arvo, get the radiator back in and some oil in the donk ready for a restart.
COB#12..
Titanic Precision Boat Building Co. our motto "Measure twice - cut once---Rubbish we don't do OCD, we cut to fit."
The Following User Says Thank You to RosieBear For This Useful Post:
reol950 (17-10-2016)
Old 17-06-2014, 01:33 PM
The Bear

Mods squalo - gu2 maybe this thread could go in the service stickies......
COB#12..
Titanic Precision Boat Building Co. our motto "Measure twice - cut once---Rubbish we don't do OCD, we cut to fit."
Old 17-06-2014, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BushRanger7 View Post
Anybody done something simillar to a Y61 '99 GU??

I reckon they'd need a clean up after 13 years :s
Did this to my 99 GU no problems at all
Old 26-10-2014, 03:51 PM

I have followed the instructions and found no filters
Nissan should be ashamed of themselves skimping like that

The evaporator is chockers
How did others get in there to clean it?

I am thinking of making something to go on the end of the vacuum

Ideas please

Allan
Old 26-10-2014, 07:20 PM

Garage

Have a look in the yellow pages for your local Kirby vacume cleaner place. They will sell you a real skinny window runner attatchment with a brush on the end. Not sure how much tho.

I cleaned my filters with the air gun today, I knew they were getting blocked because setting 1 in the ute cab was not keeping me cool anymore. I got heaps of red dirt out of them and all is well again. They probably should have been replaced but I am a tight arse and will get another year out of them

WPC 149
GPC 061