Aircon Filter Replacement - Page 8 - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Nissan Patrol and Safari Models > Nissan Patrol GU/GR

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-04-2016, 07:26 PM

Good call Dronus,the AC struggled when idling for 5-10minutes over the weekend. Got it checked out and it was low on gas, now it's back to being bloody freezing. They said it looks like a slow leak in the Schroder Valve. He put dye in so hopefully we can find the leak next time and it's not something expensive to fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dronus4x4 View Post
If your AC is stuggling to keep cold also consider taking it in to an AC place and get them to check it. Mine was at 60% so they evacuated it, replaced a few broken bits and regassed it. Made a big difference esp on the really hot days.

I took my filters back out and dint think i reolaced them. Maybe one day..

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to Austravel For This Useful Post:
dronus4x4 (14-04-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-04-2016, 07:34 PM

Thanks, have decided to just buy them and report back on how well they fit. Good idea about the flat strip. Think I'll also drill a couple of holes in the bottom like you did. Can't drill three as I cracked my housing so had to stitch with copper wire and glue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordie4x4 View Post
Yes $12 is pretty bloody cheap if they fit. They do look to be the same shape as the genuine filter and the Ryco as long as you have that shape vertical slot filter in you Patrol.

There are apparently two models in Australian Patrols. The type I have looks exactly what you have posted and fits one above the other in a vertical slot. There are also others that take a thicker square filter which fits flat.

Yes you could use some other foam to block the holes and a little flat strip at the back of the filter to seal at the back of the condenser.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 14-04-2016, 08:03 PM
Part Of The Furniture Round Here

Thanked 1,239 Times in 956 Posts

I only drilled three holes in the housing as first I drilled one, then looked and decided it would be easier to clean if I had two, but one at each end or corner. So now there are three.

NOTE:
If you drill a hole with the box still in place be careful of the air-con gas pipes just inside. Look through the slot where the filters sit, with a torch to make sure you don't drill the pipes.

GU4, But it is not going anywhere til we rebuild it better, stronger, maybe even a little faster.
The Following User Says Thank You to geordie4x4 For This Useful Post:
edb (15-04-2016)

Old 15-04-2016, 10:09 AM

Yep thought about that, would be my luck I nick a pipe!

Just put in an order for these ones, even cheaper than the others I posted on and the same size. I found some that say they fit a patrol and 270mm long but they say 18mm wide. I'd say that's the front flange but wasn't going to take the chance and they are $3-4 dearer.

2X NEW White Cabin AIR Filter AC FOR Nissan Altima Pathfinder Infiniti G20 QX4 | eBay

Quote:
I only drilled three holes in the housing as first I drilled one, then looked and decided it would be easier to clean if I had two, but one at each end or corner. So now there are three.

NOTE:
If you drill a hole with the box still in place be careful of the air-con gas pipes just inside. Look through the slot where the filters sit, with a torch to make sure you don't drill the pipes.
Old 15-04-2016, 02:19 PM

Hey Guys, I did this mod a while back (The Snork's GU Troll) and ended up with the ones from Latvia. They are 272mm long and seem to fit well. Although i considered the mammoth task Geordie went through and put everything back together after taking out just a few screws, mine seemed pretty clean anyhow... i cant confirm the depth of the box as i stupidly didn't drop a tape measure through to check.

These are the exact ones i got and they were posted pretty quickly: 1997 Infiniti G20 QX4 Fits Nissan Patrol Particulate Cabin AIR Filters Pair X2 | eBay

They also seem better than some as they have foam over those front 3 holes as well so have better coverage.
Old 17-04-2016, 04:16 PM

Thanks, I was put off by the 25mm dimension but I'm guessing that's the outside flange and not the filter size. Can you please confirm that.

The slot width in mine is around 14mm so no chance for those if the filter section is 25mm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSnorkel View Post
Hey Guys, I did this mod a while back (The Snork's GU Troll) and ended up with the ones from Latvia. They are 272mm long and seem to fit well. Although i considered the mammoth task Geordie went through and put everything back together after taking out just a few screws, mine seemed pretty clean anyhow... i cant confirm the depth of the box as i stupidly didn't drop a tape measure through to check.

These are the exact ones i got and they were posted pretty quickly: 1997 Infiniti G20 QX4 Fits Nissan Patrol Particulate Cabin AIR Filters Pair X2 | eBay

They also seem better than some as they have foam over those front 3 holes as well so have better coverage.
Old 18-04-2016, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austravel View Post
Thanks, I was put off by the 25mm dimension but I'm guessing that's the outside flange and not the filter size. Can you please confirm that.

The slot width in mine is around 14mm so no chance for those if the filter section is 25mm.
Hey Austravel, Nah i can definitely confirm that it fits the standard slot. I don't have them in front of me but id say that is the front flange measurement. I cut my slot out to the existing border on the air box without even measuring the filters and they are a 'Snug' fit but in a good way and not that you need to wrestle them in. And that may even be because i left a mm or two whilst cutting the slot. Check out the picks of the fit on my thread linked above if you like.
Old 27-04-2016, 11:21 PM

Garage

Replacement filter would be nice to have. Anyway I am using MANN Filter CU 2808-2 which are 275mm long and seem to fit well. I undertake the Aircon cleaning according to Geordie4x4 and see if there is any gap.
Old 25-10-2016, 08:27 PM

Does the 2012 3.0L crd have the air con filters. Been told that they don't..
roof rack
Old 26-10-2016, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by axl100 View Post
I thought that they do, but might only be the up-spec models DI and ST-L or S.
Take out the glovebox and look.

GU4, But it is not going anywhere til we rebuild it better, stronger, maybe even a little faster.
Old 26-10-2016, 05:25 AM

Quote:
No Australian delivered patrols came with them. Nizzbits sell a kit to fit them though
The Following User Says Thank You to hz_350 For This Useful Post:
axl100 (26-10-2016)
Old 26-10-2016, 04:00 PM

Thanks for that hz_350
roof rack
Old 26-10-2016, 04:01 PM

Quote:
I thought that they do, but might only be the up-spec models DI and ST-L or S.
Take out the glovebox and look.
Yeah I did mate...
roof rack
Old 26-10-2016, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Yeah I did mate...
If it has not got one then you can fit one by cutting out the vertical slot and fitting a kit that has the two panels and two small spring clips to hold them in.

The Following User Says Thank You to geordie4x4 For This Useful Post:
axl100 (27-10-2016)
Old 01-01-2017, 01:23 PM
Grenade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk96 View Post
Replacement filter would be nice to have. Anyway I am using MANN Filter CU 2808-2 which are 275mm long and seem to fit well. I undertake the Aircon cleaning according to Geordie4x4 and see if there is any gap.
That's a good find.

https://catalog.mann-filter.com/EU/e...1736FD2138F376

and also instructions how to fit them, LOL

https://catalog.mann-filter.com/medi...g/HBqhCKUu.pdf

I see if I can chase those filters here in Australia, perhaps at WesternFilters mob in Sydney.

Regards
Old 15-01-2017, 01:50 PM

Hello Ray,

I have an original Series I GU (Oct 1997) and I purchased two cabin air filters thinking they would slot in but there is no place to put them. It looks like there is a place to cut out to fit them. Would you mind reposting your pics so that I cut it correctly.

Cheers
Old 15-01-2017, 03:23 PM
--- The Rodfather ---

Thanked 5,102 Times in 3,604 Posts
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggers View Post
Hello Ray,

I have an original Series I GU (Oct 1997) and I purchased two cabin air filters thinking they would slot in but there is no place to put them. It looks like there is a place to cut out to fit them. Would you mind reposting your pics so that I cut it correctly.

Cheers
Ray left us several years ago. But if you read post 1 and then look at post 25/26 it gives you some clues, there are some other clues throughout the thread, pics disappeared a long time ago for some reason.

My Album
My Build
My Channel
ZD30DI Tech Archives
NADS, So You Bought a ZD30DI
My Dawes valve works fine! Where did I go wrong? .

Domestic Violence Has No Excuse, Rugby League Players Are Not Above The Law.

Old 16-01-2017, 07:14 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggers View Post
Hello Ray,

Cheers
I installed filters on my GU2 recently, does this pic help? There's a few more photos here too.
The Following User Says Thank You to festy For This Useful Post:
geeyoutoo (16-01-2017)
Old 16-01-2017, 07:20 PM
--- The Rodfather ---

Thanked 5,102 Times in 3,604 Posts
Garage

Well done festy, thanks.

My Album
My Build
My Channel
ZD30DI Tech Archives
NADS, So You Bought a ZD30DI
My Dawes valve works fine! Where did I go wrong? .

Domestic Violence Has No Excuse, Rugby League Players Are Not Above The Law.