Mechanical Diesel Engine Tuning - No Chips! - Page 2 - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Nissan Patrol and Safari Models > Nissan Patrol GU/GR

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel-Tec View Post
Two things will happen. You will make more fuel and power under full boost, but the pin running on the ramp may then touch the horizontal cut out. With a lot of boost and time it may damage the pin.

May I ask whose fuel pins are they.

Andy
Thanks Andy. I ended up trying without shim anyway and WOW!!!! It pulls like a shower of s**t. As for pins Denny T Performance in Texas developed these pins with different profiles for me to try.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-03-2012, 05:54 AM

Interesting read, apreciate it!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 18-05-2012, 09:12 PM

might be a stupid question but is it possible to do it on a zd30 crd 07
Old 18-05-2012, 09:55 PM

Yeah, pretty silly question. You will be better off in the diesel chips thread below this one.
The Following User Says Thank You to 2jz929 For This Useful Post:
madgu (18-08-2013)
Old 27-06-2012, 08:55 PM

Location: Australia, and bloody proud of it! (Hunter Valley, NSW)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTuner View Post
Reserved

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTuner View Post
reserved
Great write up, looking forward to these getting filled out.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:56 PM

Any updates fro these reserved sections?!?!

This deserves a fat ol bump n grind.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:08 PM

Hey mate, what settings typically 'max' out a standard pump. So far i have the compensator on max, off boost screw on top of diaphragm is all the way, spring base down a little and fuel screw about a 3rd of turn around. This is giving me a tiny bit of soot off boost, and anymore on the screw just makes off boost too dirty.
Anything i am missing to clean it up down low so that i can get more fuel into it in the top end?
Old 05-09-2012, 09:49 AM

Garage

Hope I'm in the right place to ask this. Being a "Newbie' I'm still learning my way around.
I recently fitted a Cross Country top mount ultimate intercooler and want to know should I get it re-tuned to make the most of it. I have factory turbo with 3" exhaust and currently running 12.5psi of boost. Don't think the pump has ever been played with.

Also, can anyone recommend someone in SE Qld. They can call if they don't want to put it in a post. my No is 0427039859
Thanks

Last edited by Bakcap; 05-09-2012 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Need info
Old 05-09-2012, 10:02 AM

If the pump has never been played with then you will be in for a pleasant surprise with a tune.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:20 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakcap View Post
Hope I'm in the right place to ask this. Being a "Newbie' I'm still learning my way around.
I recently fitted a Cross Country top mount ultimate intercooler and want to know should I get it re-tuned to make the most of it. I have factory turbo with 3" exhaust and currently running 12.5psi of boost. Don't think the pump has ever been played with.

Also, can anyone recommend someone in SE Qld. They can call if they don't want to put it in a post. my No is 0427039859
Thanks
Just ordered my cross country ic myself. Did you notice any difference. I got mine tuned at Car repairs Coopers Plains I got the stage 1 power up cost about $500. There are guys that do it cheaper but I've heard good reports from these guys. Checkem out. There is AMMS on the north side too.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:25 AM

Garage

Troy thanks for the info.
Yes there was an improvement, but not as much as I expected. Thats why I want to get it tuned. Word of caution on the fitting of the bonnet scoop. If you got the single large scoop, make sure you line it up very carefully in regards to where the mounting bolts end up. It actually goes further back on the bonnet than you would first think. Measure 5 times cut once!!
Old 07-09-2012, 10:35 PM

Garage

Did the scoop come with a template and was the whole install easy to do, ie cooler and scoop. Pm me with your dyno results and who you used as I am interested in getting mine done after mine is installed.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:35 PM
The Cable Guy

Garage

Can someone please explain what the throttle position sensor on the TD42Ti IP does and if it actually affects timing or if it is just for EGR. If the EGR is blocked and the IC butterfly removed, does the TPS need to be there?

P.S I've asked this in a couple of threads and haven't got any response.

Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to Short Y60 For This Useful Post:
lurker04 (09-01-2014)
Old 09-09-2012, 04:24 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy76 View Post
Did the scoop come with a template and was the whole install easy to do, ie cooler and scoop. Pm me with your dyno results and who you used as I am interested in getting mine done after mine is installed.
Very easy to fit and yes it came with a template and absolutely everything. Every nut ,bolt washer you need.
Probably won't get it tuned for a while as it's going in for a clutch on Monday and I'll have to save the milk money for a while to afford a tune.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:59 AM

Yes it controls timing as well. Don't remove it.

Andy
Old 25-09-2012, 03:35 PM
Part Of The Furniture Round Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel-Tec View Post
Yes it controls timing as well. Don't remove it.

Andy
What does it mean on a 4.2TDi if it misses badly and almost undrivable and when the TPS is disconnected it runs well?
Old 04-08-2013, 11:38 PM
Part Of The Furniture Round Here

Can someone throw this back up the top as a sticky? Ive had a few people asking me where this has gone and had to go digging to find it.

Mechanical & Electronic Engine Tuning Guide
Old 05-08-2013, 08:38 AM

Garage

Cheers Diesel Tuner great info!
Old 15-08-2013, 09:25 PM

Thanks Diesel Tuner good info lot to get your head around even if one doesn't intend to touch the engine (lack of relevant knowledge and tools) Helps to understand what the Diesel Tuner actually does
Old 14-09-2013, 05:28 PM

Garage

Is my understanding correct

the grub screw on top of the compensator

adjust fuel between off boost and on boost ?

wind it in it gives less fuel when on boost more over the whole power curve ( doesn't feel like it comes on as hard when on boost)

wind it out less off boost more aggressive on boost power ( feel boost come on stronger)

I mucked about with mine ( I have a spare unmolested pump to use a reference)
both my pumps are standard TD42Ti
I have not yet pulled the top of the compensator to see if its been modified my guess is yes it has.

Cheers Lindon

88 GQ wagon, L76 (LS2) V8