NATS bypass for ME and Asian Model 4.8 only - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Nissan Patrol and Safari Models > Nissan Patrol GU/GR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2012, 07:21 AM
Part Of The Furniture Round Here

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to dbsep
Default NATS bypass for ME and Asian Model 4.8 only

Options to bypass NATS on 4.8.

Option 1: I purchased a Brand new ECU from Nissan for the 4.8 with out NATS. These ECU can be purchased for models going into Africa (not south Africa) japan for JDM Patrol and 3rd world countires. This option works for all models but not the CRD 3.0 engine. You need a nun nats vin number as Nissan will order you a ECU for your VIN and thats what needs to be avoided. Thats solves the first NATS issues but it the most costly option.

Option 2: Nissan can use consult 2 and shut down NATS and consult 3 for Y62. I be checking if this can be done on all models on Y61 in ver1 and ver2.

Option 3: The Patrol has a small RF box. Locate this box and read what version you have fitted. It will be printed with 5.5 or 5.6. Make a note of the pin layout. Each time the key is turned of it will send a new code to the key or the two codes always stay the same. I check this on saturday what version does what. When you start up the Patrol the code has to match if not you just have to to do the key reset. If that fails then this were the quick bypass will work. This will only work if you have the red type sensor slot on the key. If its all black key I post it in option 4.

1) open the door with key not the key fob
2) open the bonnet and unplog the alarm horn or speaker what ever is fitted to fire wall
3) if the hazards lights flash just put the key in the barrel and turn on the power but dont start the engine. Or wait a few secounds for the NATS to reset. The doors will not lock
4) locate the ECU and RF box

I post more over the next few days with photos.

280HP of sheer excellence. Outdated technologically but a reliable workhorse.

Last edited by dbsep; 08-12-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2012, 07:43 AM

Hope you could solve this. NATS is an expensive part if it ever decides to fail.

Last edited by johnpimentel72; 08-12-2012 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Change
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-12-2012, 06:17 AM

Garage

ok just to update this ive been on phone to Nissan STEP engineer today and since 2002 you can no longer shut down NATS in the ECU even with consult 1,2,3 or version3+ that has just been released. If you have the very first version of NATS below 5.5 it can bypassed but still needs alot of cutting and makes the ECU more prone to faults then what it woukd if left alone. STEP version over 5.5 is a case of replacing the ECU to ECU version that does not support NATS or to use a after market ECU.

I was going to post up a step by step guide to do the jumper wire bypass but it seems pointless on such old Patrol from 97 to 2002. if its still working now it would be pointless to even bypass it.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:54 AM

Garage

Hi,

He told you could shut down NATS with Consult III?

I'm asking because in my 2000 GR Patrol I can only do C/U Initialization and code new keys or replace ECU or transponder reader but never noticed a "shut down" option for NATS in Consult III menus. My transponder reader is STEP 5 so I would like to know more about that jump wire bypass please!

edit:

found a pic of my NATS menu:

Old 11-12-2012, 09:14 AM

Garage

No you can not shut down NATS with consult anymore. Current version now is STEP 7.0 with consult 3+.

I have to PM you a jump wire code. can wait till I have tested in about 10 days.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:24 AM

Garage

Ok, thanks!
Old 11-12-2012, 09:34 AM

Garage

you need to check what version STEP you and who made it, bosh, denso or siemens. Then locate RF box hidden in dash and count how many pins you have and how many wires.

From notes i have it seems the wire jumpers keep NATS BCM active some sort zombie mode so never has to send another code to ECU. just need to speak to friend once home and get secound look at it in case my notes are wrong.

have you got the all black key or key with the red section in it. As noted this only works on few vin number models and will not work on 5.5 and above.

Were did get consult III from. Im still on CII with IBM brick and for engine work im using a Snapon Solos pro. I will have see about upgrading to CIII+ once home. Nissan are selling the new handhelds for 10K now. I may have to order one for out workshop just incase I need it at home.

Last edited by dbsep; 11-12-2012 at 10:05 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:57 AM

Garage

The ignition RF transponder is from Siemens, like this:

I don't remember how many pins but I think the connector has 8 pins, have to check later.

My keys are all black with remote control. Inside they have "white" chip (other car models from Nissan have red or blue chips).

I got my Consult III from SPX service solutions. They make service tools for most major brands including Nissan. I just had to open an account with SPX Iberica office give my company details and in few days I got a box with some service tools for my Patrol .
I didn't order the standard pack with software and Panasonic Toughbook just the VI interface, the software is easy to find...
Anyway if you want Consult III+ you will have to buy the all pack, I think they don't sell the 2nd generation VI interface alone yet (in future they will sell it as spare part). I think you have to sign NDA because of software and since you're not Nissan workshop/dealer they canīt sell the security card type A for NATS.
You can read more about this here: http://www.spxtools-shop.com
With Consult III version it's possible to have NATS and GTR tools activated (read cracked ), with the new "plus" version I don't know if there's anything pirate yet (if you buy 2012 GTR this would be a must...).
Old 11-12-2012, 06:46 PM

Garage

intresting info i have a look at that surplier. Does you model have the dongle fitted.

see attached picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg capture_67.jpg (81.7 KB, 95 views)

Old 21-01-2013, 10:51 PM

Garage

A few days I cracked the NATS thing with stock ECU. Can start it now with blank key but the hazards still flash. So not 100%
Yet.
Lock car - arm alarm with oem key dongle. Fit bypass and switch as it make life easy later on. Open door with blank cut key. Start engine, open bonnet diconect alarm to silence alarm, hazards still flash and continue to do so and can not stop it. But at least engine can be started and driven. I may try to tune a remote garage dongle to MHZ or RF and see if I can stop the flashers flashing. I have purchased one garage door remote dongle today that can be tuned and ajusted so I test it once I finish my Y62 endless upgrade plan.

Also found that if you look your keys inside like it did while testing. I did this during testing with engine on and in Park. Open bonnet. Trap fuel hose to cut fuel to kill the engine. Remove earth and quickly tap on and off neg terminal and the doors will unlock. 3 to 6 taps. If not wait 30 secounds and repeat.

Once I've managed to sort out how to stop the flashers I post up what is required on 4.8.

Old 22-01-2013, 05:20 AM

"Option 3: The Patrol has a small RF box. Locate this box and read what version you have fitted. It will be printed with 5.5 or 5.6. Make a note of the pin layout. Each time the key is turned of it will send a new code to the key or the two codes always stay the same. I check this on saturday what version does what. When you start up the Patrol the code has to match if not you just have to to do the key reset. If that fails then this were the quick bypass will work. This will only work if you have the red type sensor slot on the key. If its all black key I post it in option 4."

If it sends a code to the key when you turn it off how can you start the car with another key?

"I bought a welder because of tigerz" anon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification