Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Need good workshop manual ????????

5K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Grega 
#1 ·
Hi everyone

I need a good workshop manual for a 4.2 intercooled Gu diesel ute ... Something easy to follow but covers most stuff.... Any suggestions would be great... Realise that most people wouldn't admit to owning a manual so you can tell me in total confidence lol

Ute Mad

#2 ·
I recently purchased the Gregory's Manual for the Patrol No 519.

It says it is for the GU series diesel 1998 - Sept 2004, and covers Wagon, cab chassis, DX, ST. 2.8 ltr Turbo, 3.0 ltr Turbo, 4.2 ltr Turbo & non-Turbo.

Seems to cover everything you might need, and wasn't so expensive I'll be scared of getting grease on it. Picked it up from SupaCheap for about $40.

#8 ·
I am a new member with a GQ Y60 2.8lt turbo Diesel. The body is in excellent condition, the motor is fair, I'm goind to put some work into it as it has only done 240,000 km.

I was wondering if the 4.2 would fit? The 4.2 would be great in this model, I don't like the 3.0lt. I have seem a reconditioned 4.2 for $3,500. Does the Gear box and Diff change? Is the fit OK.
If the 4.2 doesn't fit I do up the 2.8.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.