Nissan Recall on GU IV Dash Blisters!! - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Nissan Patrol and Safari Models > Nissan Patrol GU/GR

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2010, 03:10 AM

Default Nissan Recall on GU IV Dash Blisters!!

Sorry guys i have started a new thread as this info has been a little lost in the soup of a number of other threads and kinda tacked on the end of an old thread.

I had overlooked it and this info was posted 3 days ago..

Here it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzbits View Post
Ok folks heres the good news. A little birdy told me Nissan have (just 2 weeks ago) made a decision on this part (probably in consultation with either Japan or the original manufacturing source) and within a certain VIN range (I it might be from the start of series 4) they will pay for the dash and fitting under warranty. The good news is they will cover these vehicles (within the VIN range) for 6 years and unlimited kilometres from orginal rego date.

All you guys with a pimple get into your dealer and book them in.

Warning this message will self destruct soon and I did not tell you this info.
you can check out this thread for some experiences of forum members so far with this recall.

GU series 4 pimpily dash

I for one will be in on Saturday to discuss my out of warranty GUIV with the long line of bubbles across the top of the dash. Bout time Nissan made good on this.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2010, 08:46 AM

Garage

Thanks for the heads up.

I have a Series IV, circa July 2006. This issue hasn't reared its ugly head yet. I have been watching out for it but haven't looked under the dash mat lately.

Grogey
Old 10-07-2010, 10:07 AM

just called my local dealer (Werribee Nissan) and they did not know anything about it, but assured me that they would follow it up on Monday and call me back.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 10-07-2010, 10:14 AM

Hi all, if it was a "recall" then all the vehicles with the effected VIN would be notified by mail to have it rectified?? or are they only doing the ones people winge about????
What happens to the poor suckers who have already spent there hard earned on the labour or total cost of the replacement??? Refunded with intrest???

Mines 2/06 and no signs of them yet either.
2006-GU4-TD42Ti
lots of Mods ........ set up for touring.........
Old 10-07-2010, 11:30 AM
bit cold out it seems

doubt it will be recall as it is not a saftey issue but rather a cosmetic blemishing.

probably be done under a tech service bulletin of sorts.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yom View Post
doubt it will be recall as it is not a saftey issue but rather a cosmetic blemishing.

probably be done under a tech service bulletin of sorts.
Totally agree. Brakes, fuel lines for sure. If it was a recall then every dash (blistered or not) would be replaced which is not something I could see Nissan doing.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:47 PM
--- The Rodfather ---

Thanked 5,134 Times in 3,629 Posts
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by petefire427 View Post
Hi all, if it was a "recall" then all the vehicles with the effected VIN would be notified by mail to have it rectified?? or are they only doing the ones people winge about????
What happens to the poor suckers who have already spent there hard earned on the labour or total cost of the replacement??? Refunded with intrest???

Mines 2/06 and no signs of them yet either.
Remember the oil level increase of the early GU, if you didn't know it was coming up, you lost out. Especially if the vehicle had been onsold.

My Album
My Build
My Channel
ZD30DI Tech Archives
NADS, So You Bought a ZD30DI
http://powercurve.com.au/
My Dawes valve works fine! Where did I go wrong? .

Domestic Violence Has No Excuse, Rugby League Players Are Not Above The Law.

Old 10-07-2010, 02:40 PM

You are correct that is is likely not a "Recall" I dont really care to be honest.. I just want my dash fixed and i dont want to pay for it. There are many in the same boat. If this info lets any one of those affected by this problem get it sorted then BONUS

Nissan can call it afternoon tea over blisters for all i care, just fix the bloody thing.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:36 PM

HMMMMMM..... I still have my receipt somewhere for replacing the dash, might take it in and see if I get a refund, don't like my chances, but you never know.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Part Of The Furniture Round Here

Send a message via MSN to BeNos

yeah id imagine they will be replaced on a whinge basis only. if they replaced every dash in a gu4 onward well the cost to em would be insane. but if you whinge they will replace it.
its good to see them finally coming to the party and saying hey we ****ed up lets fix it.
if only they would do it with the zd30........
worst part being that ive rarely seen a dash be replaced and not rattle afterward. so thats imo the only downside to this.
New Bus
Old 11-07-2010, 03:13 AM
Pseudoiterative

Thanked 2,034 Times in 1,336 Posts

My Territory has had one 'recall', for a brake line problem.

But there have been four 'dealer notifications' (that I know of) for the front window locating clips, the starter motor wiring, the fuel line routing and the lower front ball joints.

For the 'dealer notifications', there is no customer notification; the work is simply done when you take the Territory in to Ford for a scheduled service. It's noted on the invoice that they have done the work and it is listed as 'warranty' even if the vehicle is out of warranty (as mine was).

I imagine that this is how it will work for the defective dashboards? Ring a dealer and ask.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:54 PM

Default Blistering dash

Hi guys Just had mine replaced a few weeks ago. After writing to Nissan & complaining i waited 3 months with no reply I got sick of waiting & called & spoke to a girl in customer service & threatened to go to fair trading. She said she would pass it onto her manager & the manager would call me back. I thought i wouldnt here from her but the next day she rang & offered to replace the dash under there "GOOD WILL POLICY" but i would have to pay for instalation. I told her i wasnt happy with that & would take the matter further then straight away she said Nissan have been known to cover the instalation cost in some cases & in this case they could. So i dont know if it was a case of try there luck with getting me to pay for instalaton or they just buckled when i mentioned fair tradeing. Either way they will pay for the dash & instalation just dont give in to early keep pushing the issue with them & you will win. Cheerin
The Following User Says Thank You to Nasty203 For This Useful Post:
gu442ti (10-12-2014)
Old 12-07-2010, 10:25 AM
Twit

Default muddrunner you are a champ

Thanks Mudrunner td, I have continued to phone nissan australia since march, complaining that on such an obvious and major part being faulty they ought to cover cost and install. I have just read your post, and would have missed the info but for you. I have just phoned nissan customer care, and then nissan townsville and am booked in for a weeks time, no questions asked, all covered by nissan, "a bullitin has been issued for that issue". Top stuff, really glad now I did not give in to pay for install costs, some things are worth persisting with. skamme.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:37 PM

Well!

i called Werribee Nissan this afternoon cause they did not call me back.

The guy laughed at me literally and gave me teh number for Nissan Australia, basically saying good luck with that!! (i was pretty wild getting of the phone)

Call this Number

1800 035 035

I spoke to a lovely lady at Nissan Australia by the name of Ilyana who assured me that there was definitely a Service Campaign for vehicles upto 6 years old. The warranty would not be extended, unlimited Kms.

The dash will be replaced at no charge to me and she will email Werribee Nissan to advise them to review the Service Campaign.

I then called back Werribee and spoke to the same bloke, told him who i was and that i was the guy he laughed at, that i was pretty crappy at him for that and that he would be getting an email today regarding the campaign. He apologised for being rude and looked forward to getting the email. He had not heard anything about it..
Old 12-07-2010, 05:46 PM

Yep, got mine booked in at the Mackay Nissan dealership today will be done first week of august, the service lady didnt even look at the bubbles, she just checked the vin and booked it straight in!

My Build thread:

[/CENTER]
Old 13-07-2010, 01:17 AM

Garage

I took my Troll to Giant Nissan Osborne Pk (WA) to have the dash looked at, the inital bloke i spoke to said "Had never seen this problem before".

So we went and spoke to a different guy, told him what the problem was and also 'happened' to mention that I was aware there was a Service notice about this issue.

The bloke had a bit of a play on his computer and the next words out of his mouth were "When would you like it done?" and this was even before he got the VIN number from the car.

Needless to say its Booked in for Wednesday this week, and will be ready for me to pickup Thursday morning..

This must be a common problem because they have spare dashes available here in WA (insert sarcasm). The guy did happen to let slip that they have replaced a couple in the past...

and best of all no $$$$$ out of my pocket !!!!

05 GUIV ZD30 ST Patrol Manual

ST Patrol Club #21
Old 13-07-2010, 09:43 AM
Twit

Call this Number

1800 035 035

I spoke to a lovely lady at Nissan Australia by the name of Ilyana who assured me that there was definitely a Service Campaign for vehicles upto 6 years old. The warranty would not be extended, unlimited Kms.

Spoke to the same lovely lady myself actually! she must be getting quite a few calls I reckon
Old 13-07-2010, 11:55 AM

I have just had mine replaced, The Big Garage (Local Nissan Dealer in Bairnsdale) ordered it last friday and it was installed yesterday. Couldn't be happier.
Old 13-07-2010, 01:12 PM

Jst booked mine in with Essendon Nissan for an inspection on the 26th July. They weren't sure if Nissan would cover parts and labour but said they would confirm at time of inspection....Sounds promising

I'll update after inspection day.

---Bushy---
Old 13-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Workin for the weekend

Garage

I just had mine replace a few weeks ago, orginally Nissan said yes to parts only then i pushed it a bit further with Nissan HQ inb Melbourne, they later aggreed to pay parts and labour. Mine is a 2005 and out of warranty hey made it sound like they were doing me a favour when they aggreed as they dont normally warrant vehicles over 5 yeard old.
About time Nissan start to see the light and start honering some of thier stuff ups from the past. I guess they need to now is the ZD30 engines, and 5th gear issues, both of which I had done with my old Patrol.
Lifted and locked.
Wanna see more?
'Ave a look at the below link
http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/showt...882#post149882