Nissan Recall on GU IV Dash Blisters!! - Page 33 - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Nissan Patrol and Safari Models > Nissan Patrol GU/GR

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2016, 04:00 PM
Part Of The Furniture Round Here

Thanked 1,207 Times in 931 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakey View Post
I have an 05 (4.2 wagon). I am not the original owner and around 2012 mine started to blister bad while on a trip to Cape York.

Stopped at the NISSAN dealer in Cairns to buy a dash mat to cover it up.

Salesman told me not to bother. Wait until you get home (NSW) see your local dealer as NISSAN is replacing dashes free of charge as it was a bad batch of glue.

Went to local dealer (Macarthur Nissan) and not a problem.

Booked it in and had it done.

My understanding is that Nissan Australia admit it was a bad batch of glue and agreed to replace all effected.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope they have heard about this in WA.

GU4, But it is not going anywhere at the moment with a busted motor.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2016, 05:10 PM
Sydoforumsuperfan :)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 966 Posts

That was around the 6yr old mark
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-08-2016, 11:20 PM

Default My 2003 4.8 patrol had that issue back in late 2004.

I still have the Patrol...GREAT RIG generally.

It did start to blister and wear. I called the dealer in 05 and they knocked it back over the phone. Would not enter into it full stop. I just found this thread and if I found it back when it was a current issue I would have chased it.

So if anyone can tell me the paint code or mix I would be most grateful. I have a good airbrush so I'll have a go myself.

Not happy but should be able to knock it over in a weekend without removing the dash.

...anyway, thanks in advance.
Nick.

Old 06-08-2016, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox View Post

It did start to blister and wear. I called the dealer in 05 and they knocked it back over the phone. Would not enter into it full stop. I just found this thread and if I found it back when it was a current issue I would have chased it.

So if anyone can tell me the paint code or mix I would be most grateful. I have a good airbrush so I'll have a go myself.

Not happy but should be able to knock it over in a weekend without removing the dash.

Nick.

I think you'll find that in '05 they didn't recognise it as a problem. I think it was around '09 they accepted it was a problem and fixed free of charge, depending on you date of manufacture.

Might be worth another chase up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-2016, 01:03 PM

Just upgraded from a 2001 ZD30 to 2005 TD4.2 and it has the bubble dash problem. I just got of the phone with Nissan who said that as it's out of warranty period they are unwilling to fix it under warranty or goodwill

ZD30 "Hand Grenade" the pin has been pulled the charge has detonated We can rebuild (I just kinda wish i hadn't of)
Old 08-11-2016, 06:34 PM

I spoke to nissan berwick on monday he said even 1 minute past the 6 year grace an its too bad
Old 08-11-2016, 10:42 PM
Pseudoiterative

Thanked 1,947 Times in 1,284 Posts

**** the 'grace' period. It's a known issue. Serve it up to your local dealer, make them sort it out.

Be the biggest pain in the arse they've ever seen, and you'll get the dash sorted.
Old 18-11-2016, 03:17 PM

I have an 06 with the bubbling and haven't bothered contacting Nissan yet knowing what the answer will be.

If anyone has luck let me know
The Following User Says Thank You to glennyboy For This Useful Post:
shakey55 (18-11-2016)
Old 18-11-2016, 03:34 PM

Put a cover on it and forget about it or give Gary a PM at Nizzbitz and replace it yourself.

Old 19-11-2016, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie.J ST-L View Post
I spoke to nissan berwick on monday he said even 1 minute past the 6 year grace an its too bad
Berwick is also my local dealer and i will be heading in to give them an ear full soon.
Mines a GUIV so well and truly out of warranty, but if they know its an issue they'd better fix it.
Old 21-11-2016, 06:31 PM

Let me know how you go i wouldnt mind my one changed
The Following User Says Thank You to Stevie.J ST-L For This Useful Post:
WYO (21-12-2016)
Old 20-12-2016, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox View Post

Nick.
....So no win. Too old. So does anyone have the paint code or recipe? Cheers Nick.