Recall on Nissan for airbag problems - Page 2 - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Nissan Patrol and Safari Models > Nissan Patrol GU/GR

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2015, 07:20 PM
Part Of The Furniture Round Here

Well missus just sent me a message saying I've got a letter from Nissan telling me my passenger airbag could potentially contain a shrapnel surprise.

2003 GUIII
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2015, 07:16 PM
Educated Fool

Yep me to. I got my recall notice today. Maybe they will fix whatever has been vibrating under the passenger air bag flap on the dash when they replace it. I've always suspected a loose airbag. Then again they may create new noises behind the dash. Hope not.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:46 PM

I booked mine with the dealership to have it done in a couple of weeks time... The girl on the phone says they need to order the part in which takes about a week, but the job only takes an hour or so.

I'm going to be honest I'm a little worried about letting the dealership put their dirty little paws on it
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-08-2015, 08:07 PM
Educated Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalChicken View Post
I'm going to be honest I'm a little worried about letting the dealership put their dirty little paws on it
To also be honest so am I.
My GU has only ever been to Nissan once since I've owned it, and that was for another recall. I hate giving my car to anyone to fix. Much prefer to do it myself. Our hands are tied on recalls though. The only thing we can do is go over their job, and keep at them if it's a dodgy install.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franky73 View Post
Yep me to. I got my recall notice today. Maybe they will fix whatever has been vibrating under the passenger air bag flap on the dash when they replace it. I've always suspected a loose airbag. Then again they may create new noises behind the dash. Hope not.
Your a genius Franky73, you have just given me a great idea, that PHUCKING pain staking rattle that has persisted since day one of owning the later series 7 patrol (series 2 non-airbag no rattle) can now be put back onto Nissan's head once the airbag is replaced, because I will carry on a song and dance that it was never there before and has only just started after they have been meddling around in there after air bag replacement.

Champion Franky73, bloody top idea.

http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/membe...x-time-124418/
Old 11-08-2015, 10:28 PM

Haha, do you think it would be stretch to do the same for the ping pong ball in my drivers door?
Old 11-08-2015, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalChicken View Post
Haha, do you think it would be stretch to do the same for the ping pong ball in my drivers door?
Worth a shot, never know your luck. All of a sudden the gear box has a rattle and the rear diff is whining, the windscreen is chipped and the aircon isn't cold any more. I swear to god its only after you blokes (Nissan) touched it.

http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/membe...x-time-124418/
Old 11-08-2015, 11:39 PM
Educated Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogger View Post
Worth a shot, never know your luck. All of a sudden the gear box has a rattle and the rear diff is whining, the windscreen is chipped and the aircon isn't cold any more. I swear to god its only after you blokes (Nissan) touched it.
You're onto it. You might be taking it a bit far though. I don't think they need to go through the diffs, gearbox, air con and windscreen to get to the passenger air bag. But then again this is Nissan.
Old 21-08-2015, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05_ENFORCER View Post
You can check here for those who are interested:

Nissan

That only provides recall information. There is a 2nd category, in NZ Nissan call CEE (Customer Experience Enhancement), which may give you free checks and / or parts. Here, Nissan will advise all CEE's when you get your vehicle serviced by them, or you can phone or email any Nissan dealer with your VIN or registration, and they will advise CEE's for your vehicle, and what has / has not yet been done.

They also provide this service if you are thinking of buying a used Nissan.
Old 25-08-2015, 03:52 PM

Got mine done this morning at Northside Nissan, seemed go smoothly and only took about an hour or so.
Old 28-08-2015, 09:43 AM

Garage

My VIN number is on the list. Rang Village motors in Redcliffe on Monday, and they booked me in for today for the airbag update. Rang them yesterday to confirm they have the part before I go in. They told me Nissan sent them an Email and my VIN number is not on the list??????? 2006 patrol that I bought new from them. Go figure, they don't know what cars were fitted with the faulty part.
Old 28-08-2015, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZUrvan View Post
That only provides recall information. There is a 2nd category, in NZ Nissan call CEE (Customer Experience Enhancement), which may give you free checks and / or parts. Here, Nissan will advise all CEE's when you get your vehicle serviced by them, or you can phone or email any Nissan dealer with your VIN or registration, and they will advise CEE's for your vehicle, and what has / has not yet been done.

They also provide this service if you are thinking of buying a used Nissan.
Which Nissan in nz do you go to for your servicing?

Cheers

Aaron
Old 30-11-2015, 05:02 PM

mines going in this Monday for the air bag fix. They said they been doing heaps, lots of cars effected.

I've already tried hitting them up to fix the bubble dash while there at the air bags. But they said the air bags is a quick fix and they don't need to pull the dash - damn.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:29 AM

Received letter today, says parts should be available next March.

Tom
Old 02-12-2015, 11:39 AM
Rogue

Thanked 1,740 Times in 1,263 Posts
Garage

So after having an argument with Nissan months ago when the recall started, they've finally acknowledged that my car is included.

I rang to check if my car was included ages ago, they acknowledged the date fit, all criteria fit but for some reason the VIN was not included. Idiots

I used to have Patrols

Must be beer o'clock
Old 03-12-2015, 03:52 PM

Garage

I received my recall letter today, same as Tom, mine also says parts won't be available until March 2016, they will send me another letter when parts are available.
Old 03-12-2015, 06:33 PM

Garage

Yep, also got mine today... I did not get a date when parts were due, just got told that they would contact me when they are in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 03-12-2015, 09:12 PM

I got my letter today also with the notation stating that parts not available till March next year. It also says there is an info hub and they can email you updates (I don't know if this will work if you haven't been given a letter, but worth a try perhaps) Owner First Initiative
Old 03-12-2015, 10:46 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitiara View Post
I got my letter today also with the notation stating that parts not available till March next year. It also says there is an info hub and they can email you updates (I don't know if this will work if you haven't been given a letter, but worth a try perhaps) Owner First Initiative
That's interesting Kitiara, coz I got my letter today as well but my letter says parts for my vehicle won't be available until April next year!! I must further down the queue than you LOL!
Old 04-12-2015, 06:55 AM

Got my letter yesterday, pats not available until April.