Recall on Nissan for airbag problems - Page 3 - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Nissan Patrol and Safari Models > Nissan Patrol GU/GR

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2015, 07:23 AM

Mine says March 2016. I really don't want those muppets at Nissan coming near my truck with a screwdriver unless they've got a new dash for me of course.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to timo_ed For This Useful Post:
awyd (18-12-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2015, 06:17 PM

Garage

Received mine yesterday, March 2016.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:52 PM

Received letter this week. Parts available early Feb 2016
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 05-12-2015, 08:12 AM
Rogue

Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,335 Posts
Garage

April

I used to have Patrols

Must be beer o'clock
Old 05-12-2015, 05:29 PM

April here too
91 DA 4.2 N/A DIESEL WAGON
Old 05-12-2015, 09:29 PM
Part Of The Furniture Round Here

Thanked 1,208 Times in 932 Posts

I must be special, my letter said early Feb 2016. Oh I had better check that's not 2017, we are in WA you know (the Wait A while state).

GU4, But it is not going anywhere til we rebuild it better, stronger, maybe even a little faster.
Old 08-12-2015, 09:55 AM

Garage

March 2016
Old 10-12-2015, 06:26 AM

I rang Nissan about a month ago to check if my Patrol was affected. The person on the phone assured me that it wasn't affected. Today I got a letter from Nissan saying it is affected and parts will be available in march 2016.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignev View Post
Got my letter yesterday, pats not available until April.
X 2 On that... quite the pre-warning!!... but either way i suppose it's a good thing that they actually sent a letter out in the first place...
Old 10-12-2015, 02:00 PM

Garage

WA might be getting parts first for a change
my letter also says Early Feb...

What's funny though, less than 7 days before I got the letter, I checked with Nissan and my truck wasn't part of the recall then - but now it is

05 GUIV ZD30 ST Patrol Manual

ST Patrol Club #21
Old 11-12-2015, 08:53 PM

Garage

I got my letter recently also. April 2016 and I'm in WA.

What I want to know is how do they know I'm the owner. I'm the third owner of the vehicle and as far as I know only the department of transport knows I own it. Does the govt. help them out with owner details for recalls?
Old 11-12-2015, 08:54 PM

I also checked with Nissan a month or two ago and they said it wasn't affected by the recall and now the letter March 2016.
Old 12-12-2015, 03:50 AM

Nutsy,

Yes
Tom
Old 13-12-2015, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsy View Post
I got my letter recently also. April 2016 and I'm in WA.

What I want to know is how do they know I'm the owner. I'm the third owner of the vehicle and as far as I know only the department of transport knows I own it. Does the govt. help them out with owner details for recalls?
Yes. Australia and NZ, as do most other countries, make this information readily available for safety recalls. To not do so within a reasonable time, would likely mean the authorities ended up with some liability for death or injuries as a result of the recall not being actioned.

Manufacturers and others can buy the same information at any time, subject to vetting.
The Following User Says Thank You to NZUrvan For This Useful Post:
nutsy (13-12-2015)
Old 05-01-2016, 10:11 PM

Talking I must be lucky

Got the Nissan recall letter late Nov/early Dec.. Rang 3 dealers got 3 differing ways to go about it BUT the dealer rep on the Gold Coast asked my VIN number and said he was shocked as he had ONE more airbag from the starter stock Nissan supplied !!! He put my name on it and one week later it was fitted in 2 hours... LOL at the safety check Nissan asked the dealers to also undertake, said I needed new wiper blades when i replaced them with Wurth ones about 1 week earlier. The worst dealer wanted me to bring the car in 2 times @ a day at a time, 1st for the inspection and second, weeks later to fit the Airbag.... First and last time in a dealer workshop unless there is another recall !!!
Old 05-01-2016, 10:22 PM
Rogue

Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,335 Posts
Garage

Dealers are cnts, dumb cnts and many of my mates are dealer mechs and formen. Dumb cnts

I used to have Patrols

Must be beer o'clock
Old 07-01-2016, 07:53 AM

got letter , says March 2016. just wondering what they will do to replace the air bag? do then remove the dash? or just undo some crews and removed it from under? as i have custom electric wiring under the dash, do i have to remove them before sending the car to nissan?
Old 07-01-2016, 08:58 AM
Part Of The Furniture Round Here

Thanked 1,208 Times in 932 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrol97 View Post
got letter , says March 2016. just wondering what they will do to replace the air bag? do then remove the dash? or just undo some crews and removed it from under? as i have custom electric wiring under the dash, do i have to remove them before sending the car to nissan?
Someone else might be able to clarify this.

But I would say at the least, they will remove the glovebox and the small section of dash above the glovebox.

Your wiring should not go in front of the airbag or it's mounting anyway. You could take out the glovebox yourself and make sure all your wiring is out of the way so they are not tempted to interfere with it in any way or say it is unsafe. That is what I will be doing just to make sure mine is ready to go for their inspection.

GU4, But it is not going anywhere til we rebuild it better, stronger, maybe even a little faster.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordie4x4 View Post
Someone else might be able to clarify this.

But I would say at the least, they will remove the glovebox and the small section of dash above the glovebox.

Your wiring should not go in front of the airbag or it's mounting anyway. You could take out the glovebox yourself and make sure all your wiring is out of the way so they are not tempted to interfere with it in any way or say it is unsafe. That is what I will be doing just to make sure mine is ready to go for their inspection.
my dash is a 'one piece' new one which replaced under warranty few year ago. hope they wont to remove the whole dash for the job. no wire in front or around the air beg, but some wire attached to the radio area dash. anyone has the new style dash has the air beg replaced yet?
Old 08-01-2016, 07:49 PM

Good point on the wiring..... I never thought of that..... I have a fair number of additional wires heading for the radio area of the dash. The majority of them go under/behind the glove box, but I don't see anyone would actually want to mess around with them as I never bothered labeling them when I put them in... between all the additional exterior lights, the aftermarket radio, amp and speakers, reverse camera, all installed by me it is a bit of a tangle!