Nissan Recall on GU IV Dash Blisters!! - Page 2 - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Nissan Patrol and Safari Models > Nissan Patrol GU/GR Y61

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-07-2010, 11:03 AM

Heard back via email from Nissan yesterday myself. The email stated "when would you like to organise a time to do the dash replacement?". Sounds like they're onto it!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-07-2010, 12:32 PM

Garage

I dropped my Troll in today to get the dash fixed (as was arranged on monday).

And thats when the fight started..... I went to the desk to drop the keys off and all i said was "I'm here to drop my patrol off to have the dash replaced". and thats when the service bird started arguing with me "We've done these before and you'll have to pay for the fitting" I quite politely then told her I wont be because there has been a service notice issued my Nissan coveing the replacement of the dash etc etc etc. But that wasn't good enough for her she decided to try and keep arguing so I kept stating call Nissan HQ and check with them if you dont believe me. At this point I spotted the bloke i spoke to on Monday and said ask him he's the one who booked me in. She decided to keep arguing and by this stage had enlisted the help of someone else to help her argue with me, I just kept standing my ground and i dont think she liked that.

Then the guy I spoke to on Monday became available, she told him what the situation was and was then informed I was correct and the Dash will be replaced at Nissans expense as was arranged. She then stormed off in a Huff without even a "sorry, you were right"

Moral of the story, If your going to get your dash done at Giant Nissan Osborn Pk, speak to a guy called Stephen, he seems to know what he's talking about.

05 GUIV ZD30 ST Patrol Manual

ST Patrol Club #21
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 14-07-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushy67 View Post
Jst booked mine in with Essendon Nissan for an inspection on the 26th July. They weren't sure if Nissan would cover parts and labour but said they would confirm at time of inspection....Sounds promising

I'll update after inspection day.

---Bushy---
Hey Bushy give the lady a call on the number above mate, she will send them an email advising of the Service Campaign. In terms of inspection? it will take 5 minutes for them to have a quick look, take a photo and make the booking? i would have thought you could do that on a drop in and drive by?? I did this yesterday and waiting to here how quickly they can get another dash in and when the service car is available for my use while they have it.

Dont be shy mate, make em earn their money.

Old 14-07-2010, 06:07 PM

How bad does it have to be for them to replace it? Ive got a couple of blister/pimples on my dash
Old 14-07-2010, 06:27 PM
Workin for the weekend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointless View Post
How bad does it have to be for them to replace it? Ive got a couple of blister/pimples on my dash

Get them to replace it, it will only get worse.
Lifted and locked.
Wanna see more?
'Ave a look at the below link
http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/showt...882#post149882
Old 14-07-2010, 07:58 PM

Yeah that's what I was thinking mite drop past tomorrow...
Old 14-07-2010, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointless View Post
In the last year mine has grow from a coupe of smallish blisters to a line about 10 inches long along the centre hump in the dash.

It there is any sign of it mate take it in for sure!!
Old 15-07-2010, 10:28 AM

Default Nissan Recall on Dash Blisters.

Folks,

We have a 2005 Series 1V patrol wagon and after reading all the postes re the bubbling dash, checked mine and is the same [bubbles everywhere on the drivers side]rang the 1800035035 Nissan Australia Number, spoke to a Matilda who advised to ring the local Nissan Delaer [ DC Motors Rockhampton ] Rang and asked for Service People , spoke to a Jo [Very Nice to talk to] said could not fit in till Thurs 22/7, wanted Vin and Rego No and New Dash will be fitted NO CHARGE. Could not be happier.

Thank you to the people who brought this info to the forum

Regards
Ian
Old 15-07-2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
Hey Bushy give the lady a call on the number above mate, she will send them an email advising of the Service Campaign. In terms of inspection? it will take 5 minutes for them to have a quick look, take a photo and make the booking? i would have thought you could do that on a drop in and drive by?? I did this yesterday and waiting to here how quickly they can get another dash in and when the service car is available for my use while they have it.

Thanks MudRunner, I'll give em a call today.

Cheers

---Bushy---
Old 15-07-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post

Just called and spoke to a lady called Matilda. She informed me that yes Nissan will replace the dash at no charge to the customer and that all the dealer has to do is read the job details that is in their system. If I have any problems she said to contact her to resolve.

I'll wait now until my appointment and see what happens.

---Bushy---
Old 15-07-2010, 12:10 PM

martyn79
i think the zd30 engine and its faults have been long buried by nissan or should i say renault, who have owned nissan since 1999.
roy.
Old 15-07-2010, 02:12 PM

I'm so glad they are covering all expenses with the replacements, as they should!

in fairness we who have gone and paid for the fitting of the new part should get a refund, in my opinion. the $440 would be nice to get back!

yeh, I know, it ain't gunna happen.....

but I'm glad for the people who are getting the problem fixed at nissan's expense, should of been done this way from the start though.
Old 15-07-2010, 02:16 PM
Workin for the weekend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the hill View Post
martyn79
i think the zd30 engine and its faults have been long buried by nissan or should i say renault, who have owned nissan since 1999.
roy.
Yeah true I hear what you are sayin, but I'm still outta pocket somewhere around the $9.5k mark, I know ill never see that money gain but would be nice to see Nissan trying to keep customers, for me the only reason is that they have the solid front axle, until the new Patrol is released any way.
Lifted and locked.
Wanna see more?
'Ave a look at the below link
http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/showt...882#post149882
Old 15-07-2010, 04:59 PM

Garage

Well the new dash is in
And without the slighest peep of an argument this time

Only thing i have noticed is that it is a different colour to what i had originally, My old dash was effectively black and this new one is a dark grey - The only place where it can really be noticed is where the dash meets up with the glove box - but either way it looks much better than having a dash that looks like it works for McDonalds

ST Patrol Club #21
Old 15-07-2010, 08:50 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyr66 View Post
I'm so glad they are covering all expenses with the replacements, as they should!

in fairness we who have gone and paid for the fitting of the new part should get a refund, in my opinion. the $440 would be nice to get back!

yeh, I know, it ain't gunna happen.....

but I'm glad for the people who are getting the problem fixed at nissan's expense, should of been done this way from the start though.

DITTO... i paid for labour on the 1st replacement then 18months later (bout 5 mths ago) the 'new' dash went and i took it back, 2nd replacement fully covered by Nissan...
but i would really like my labour charge back :P
Old 15-07-2010, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireguard View Post
Well the new dash is in
And without the slighest peep of an argument this time

Only thing i have noticed is that it is a different colour to what i had originally, My old dash was effectively black and this new one is a dark grey - The only place where it can really be noticed is where the dash meets up with the glove box - but either way it looks much better than having a dash that looks like it works for McDonalds

G'day Fireguard,

Got mine booked in for Monday at Total Nissan, Cannington. They reckon they need 2 days to replace it.. Did they do yours in a day? Also did they replace the bit above the glove box? The bit where the later models have the airbag. Cheers, looking forward to blister free vision.
Old 15-07-2010, 09:50 PM

Kerry_066 ditto mate exact same here 04 guIV STL I paid for the first dash and then when it went got the second all covered by nissan but I too would like my $700 odd hard earned back ......
Old 15-07-2010, 11:53 PM

I can't see how they can take 2 days to replace the dash, It shouldn't take any longer than 4 to 5 hours at the most. My Nissan dealer had no problems with me replacing the dash in my own vehicle and it took me just over 5 hours and I have never done one before.
Old 16-07-2010, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickB67 View Post
I can't see how they can take 2 days to replace the dash, It shouldn't take any longer than 4 to 5 hours at the most. My Nissan dealer had no problems with me replacing the dash in my own vehicle and it took me just over 5 hours and I have never done one before.
The problem is if the dealer has a heap of other vehicles promised out early in the day the Patrol Dash may not get started on till later in the day (unfortunatly it happens)

Customers often want there cars back sooner than they said they did when they booked the thing in and the workshop controller has to juggle the work around between the available techs

Also the dealer might have allowed 2 days to cover themselves incase half the techs phone in crook (also happens)

Lots of reasons why vehicles are needed longer than the actual time taken to do the work

Regards Don
Old 16-07-2010, 12:49 AM

Garage

Mine tool about a day and a half, I dropped it in about 0800 on Wednesday and it was ready for me to pickup at 1200 on Thursday.

Yes they did change the bit above the glovebox door, this is why it is easy to pick the colour difference between the two parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazza79 View Post
G'day Fireguard,

Got mine booked in for Monday at Total Nissan, Cannington. They reckon they need 2 days to replace it.. Did they do yours in a day? Also did they replace the bit above the glove box? The bit where the later models have the airbag. Cheers, looking forward to blister free vision.

ST Patrol Club #21