Nissan Recall on GU IV Dash Blisters!! - Page 3 - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Nissan Patrol and Safari Models > Nissan Patrol GU/GR Y61

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-07-2010, 10:24 AM

Got my dash replaced yesterday at Total Nissan. Dropped it off at 8am, and was ready by 1.30pm. I think they're getting good at replacing them. Very happy with the replacement and the long awaited service call on this problem. :>
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-07-2010, 01:49 PM

Unhappy stuffed dash gu4

went to my local nissan dealer the other day and made enquiries about my stuffed dash
they took heaps of photos and sent them to nissan aust so i was thinking great looks like i might get a new dash but no like i thought nissan are a pack of a**e holes there excuse is my vehicle has to many kms the car is only 4 years old this is crap

rung nissan aust today to ask why they wouldnt fix the issue and was told that the goodwill dept said no so i asked if i could speak with that dept and was told no

has anyone else had this issue if so please let me know coz this is giving me the you know whats.

Last edited by micks gu4; 02-08-2010 at 09:06 PM. Reason: unless you are hard with them they wont do anything i said i was going to c/a. job was done next day be hard not soft
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 20-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Twit

Mine now replaced, and with a smile! All looks as good as it can from the outside. Was worth waiting the extra few months for a good result. Thanks to everyone else who complained loudly! Well done.

Old 20-07-2010, 11:25 PM

yep rang up and spoke to Jay (bloke , well sounded like one ) and he said yep, there is the campaign take it in and get it replaced. ( not that im telling anyone something new, ) more like a confirmation as well.
All i have to do now is wait until it comes out of the mechanics, which will be a week and a day! ( dont ask )
thanks for making it known!
Old 20-07-2010, 11:39 PM
Part Of The Furniture Round Here

I dont know if I want to take my car back to a Nissan dealer after the last few experiences I've had with them. I wonder if the dash mat I have is worth keeping.
Old 21-07-2010, 12:06 PM

Garage

Just got off the phone to FT Gully nissan, and the bloke at the service desk checked his computer to see if any new updates have been issued from nissan australia, and there it was, a dash replacement and labour all free of charge, he's ordered the dash in for me and the bus will be down there with a nice new dash, my trol is a feb 05 build and the dash is rooted from all the bubbles.
Old 22-07-2010, 12:23 PM

This is an interesting thread. I posted about 2 years ago that I had my dashboard replaced under warranty at no cost. Albeit it was still just (1 month left) in original warranty. For the 2005 GUIV.
Might check to see if my new dashboard is bubbling...although its been under a dashmat since the replacement.
Old 22-07-2010, 12:30 PM

Garage

Just had a thought... if it wasn't for a "Little birdy" whispering in our ear that a noticed had been issued about the dash there's proabably a good chance that no one would have know about it......

Thats begs the question, what other notices about repairs has Nissan issued that no one knows about....

Just a thought............

05 GUIV ZD30 ST Patrol Manual

ST Patrol Club #21
Old 23-07-2010, 05:57 PM

Default My turn

I have a Jan 2005 build 3.0L that has just started to show signs of bubbling.
Took it to Nissan at Penrith 2 weeks ago for a 95,000km service and pointed it out to them.
After waiting the last 2 weeks for a reply, rang them today to be told to bring the patrol back so they could take some photos to send to the manufacturer for a decision....
I did mention that Nissan Aus were covering this issue to which they acted in complete suprise.
I'll have to wait and see what happens

Cheers all.
Nick
Old 23-07-2010, 10:28 PM

Garage
Default Dash blisters

Yes i will also be talking to them as well

05 4.2 GU iv locked up, 50mm lift 3" zaust and tuned with timing advanced
Old 24-07-2010, 09:51 AM

Make the PHone call guys, bugger the dealer network! Nissan Australia will send an email to any dealer you nominate requesting that they review the service campaign.

Nissan will take your details and let you know if you are within the timeframe (if you have a car less than 6 years old you are) and work it from there.

FARK the dealerships, They are not ringing anyone.
Old 25-07-2010, 06:12 PM

Default Happy

Just had dash replaced last week. Called Nissan Aust and was told to take it to Nissan dealer.Nissan said that is fine but you will have to pay for labour. Informed him that Nissan said they would do it free of charge. No arguement ,it was booked in for the following week. Now have lovely new dash looks like a new vehicle not one that has had a blow torch taken to the dash.
Old 26-07-2010, 05:52 PM

Had mine (2005 GU IV) replaced today.

Good job, they couldn't have been more helpful.

Slightly different colour (matt dark grey to black) but looks good.

Last edited by Time; 27-07-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old 26-07-2010, 10:34 PM

Spoke to Nissan us this morning and explained about the photo shoot.........
They said contact the dealer again and ask for the Service Manager and tell them that Nissan is covering the replacement.
I did this and low and behold they said that photos will not be necessary and that they will order the dashboard and let me know when to bring in the patrol....
Great work of the forum members in bring this issue to light.
Cheers all.
Old 27-07-2010, 11:08 AM

Garage

I took the patrol into Mandurah nissan this morning after work and spoke to them about the dash and he then proceed to grab his camera and take photos of the dash,number plate,odometer and the compliance plates.
He said to me that he woukd have to send all this off to Nissan Aus for the ok.
I told him Nissan Aus was covering everthing and he was totally unaware of this.
He said he will ring me when he gets a response from Nissan Aus.
I will give him till the end of the week and then I will conact Nissan Aus myself.

Cheers

Wayne
Old 27-07-2010, 11:14 AM

Had my dash inspection at Essendon Nissan yesterday and had no dramas. The car is now booked for a new dash next Thursday.
Old 27-07-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkal View Post
I took the patrol into Mandurah nissan this morning after work and spoke to them about the dash and he then proceed to grab his camera and take photos of the dash,number plate,odometer and the compliance plates.
He said to me that he woukd have to send all this off to Nissan Aus for the ok.
I told him Nissan Aus was covering everthing and he was totally unaware of this.
He said he will ring me when he gets a response from Nissan Aus.
I will give him till the end of the week and then I will conact Nissan Aus myself.

Cheers

Wayne
I wasted 2 weeks waiting for the dealer to get back to me.
When I rang Nissan Aus, they told me who to contact at the dealer this then got the ball rolling.
The dealer tried to tell me that the Patrol was out of warranty and my extended warranty didn't cover trim damage.
A phone call to Nissan Aus on 1800 035 035 wouldn't hurt!!
Old 27-07-2010, 02:44 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Stevens View Post
I wasted 2 weeks waiting for the dealer to get back to me.
When I rang Nissan Aus, they told me who to contact at the dealer this then got the ball rolling.
The dealer tried to tell me that the Patrol was out of warranty and my extended warranty didn't cover trim damage.
A phone call to Nissan Aus on 1800 035 035 wouldn't hurt!!
Cheers for that will give them a ring today.

Wayne
Old 27-07-2010, 04:45 PM

Took my 2005 4.8 to my local dealer (John Page Nissan) last week the girl at the service desk couldn't be more helpful she just laughed when I asked if she wanted to take photos she said she had seen a few & they all looked the same she rang me back two days later to book it in. All done today nice job sat nav reverse camera all still working as per previous posts slightly different colour (grey not black) but am happy as a pig in ****! have now told 3 of my mates & they are queing up.
Old 30-07-2010, 06:15 AM

Went in to northern Nissan yesterday and asked about it. U was assured that there was no service notice about them. Agreed and then was going to ring nissan aus. On my way out I was chased down by the manager saying he was the only one that new about it and now have a replacement on order.

They said it's a 6year unlimited kms warrantee.