Recall on Nissan for airbag problems - Page 5 - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

 


Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Nissan Patrol and Safari Models > Nissan Patrol GU/GR Y61

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 11-04-2016, 02:04 PM
GQ4B's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 30
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Had ours replaced this morning. In at 10:05am, out at 11:30am

I had initially removed the glove box and surround, simply to make it one less thing for the guys at the dealership to remove and refit. However, I decided to refit it all before taking it to them just I case they wanted to say we can't safely 'sign off' on the recall with that section not fitted - my paranoid thoughts!

Anyway, my cursory look on pickup in the dealership driveway didn't notice anything. Once I got home a more detailed look at the glove box and surrounds showed that one screw was missing altogether and another screw had been replaced with a slightly smaller sized one and of a different colour. Useless mechanics have lost 2 screws and replaced only one.

It's a petty complaint I know, but that will teach me none the less!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #82  
Old 06-05-2016, 11:15 AM
rumcajs's Avatar
Grenade Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The most expensive place to own electric bulb!
Posts: 2,607
Thanks: 166
Thanked 298 Times in 215 Posts
Default

Had it done today and had a primetime view on how it is done as the tech didn't even bother to put the truck inside workshop. The service advisor told me it is gonna take 1.5 hour...

The actual job took around 35 mins, he had the entire assembly out in less than 12 mins, then on the bench to remove flawed inflator tube to fit replacement and back in.

After the fitment the poor guy got confused when he powered the system and checked, he probably noticed that glow light is staying on instead going out after a few seconds (because I wired it that way so I can see when the glow system is on)
so he left the job for a foreman to figure out I guess to check what is going on.

Whatever they were doing afterwards took longer then actual recall job, truck sat there unattended for 40+ mins then obviously didn't make sense to them they opted out of it, just to tell me at handover.....all while I was looking at them.

I haven't noticed any stuff up yet after had a glance, all screws were there so the fingers crossed this is the last time I ever have to go there.

Regards
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 06-05-2016, 11:25 AM
geeyoutoo's Avatar
--- The Rodfather ---

 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sunshine Coast/US
Posts: 28,949
Thanks: 2,917
Thanked 5,267 Times in 3,726 Posts
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumcajs View Post
Had it done today and had a primetime view on how it is done as the tech didn't even bother to put the truck inside workshop. The service advisor told me it is gonna take 1.5 hour...

The actual job took around 35 mins, he had the entire assembly out in less than 12 mins, then on the bench to remove flawed inflator tube to fit replacement and back in.

After the fitment the poor guy got confused when he powered the system and checked, he probably noticed that glow light is staying on instead going out after a few seconds (because I wired it that way so I can see when the glow system is on)
so he left the job for a foreman to figure out I guess to check what is going on.

Whatever they were doing afterwards took longer then actual recall job, truck sat there unattended for 40+ mins then obviously didn't make sense to them they opted out of it, just to tell me at handover.....all while I was looking at them.

I haven't noticed any stuff up yet after had a glance, all screws were there so the fingers crossed this is the last time I ever have to go there.

Regards
And you didn't take pics for us .
__________________
A Mighty (and Unique) Bronze Manual 2000 ZD30DI
COB 1

My Album
My Build
My Channel
ZD30DI Tech Archives
NADS, So You Bought a ZD30DI
http://powercurve.com.au/
My Dawes valve works fine! Where did I go wrong? .

Domestic Violence Has No Excuse, Rugby League Players Are Not Above The Law.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
 
  #84  
Old 06-05-2016, 11:32 AM
rumcajs's Avatar
Grenade Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The most expensive place to own electric bulb!
Posts: 2,607
Thanks: 166
Thanked 298 Times in 215 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeyoutoo View Post
And you didn't take pics for us .
Haha, that thought never occured to me. I'm just glad the nightmare is over, I alwas dread when I have to rely on someone else with my stuff. Cheers
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 06-05-2016, 12:44 PM
geordie4x4's Avatar
Part Of The Furniture Round Here
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Perth
Posts: 7,766
Thanks: 1,238
Thanked 1,301 Times in 998 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumcajs View Post
Haha, that thought never occured to me. I'm just glad the nightmare is over, I alwas dread when I have to rely on someone else with my stuff. Cheers
So what is your advice.
I have all the glove-box and stuff out at the moment after fixing my air-conditioner fan and condenser box. Is it better to give to them with this all out of the way.

I also have last year removed a Diesel Gas system but not stripped all the wiring harness yet. When looking up under the dash to make sure any of my wiring is out of the way of the air-bag, what do I find. The bloody Diesel Gas controller box had been fitted to the bar directly in front of the airbag. Lucky it was never needed in an accident or the controller box would have been fired out the dash with the air-bag.
__________________

GU4, But it is not going anywhere til we rebuild it better, stronger, maybe even a little faster.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to geordie4x4 For This Useful Post:
geeyoutoo (06-05-2016)
  #86  
Old 06-05-2016, 12:50 PM
geeyoutoo's Avatar
--- The Rodfather ---

 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sunshine Coast/US
Posts: 28,949
Thanks: 2,917
Thanked 5,267 Times in 3,726 Posts
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordie4x4 View Post
So what is your advice.
I have all the glove-box and stuff out at the moment after fixing my air-conditioner fan and condenser box. Is it better to give to them with this all out of the way.

I also have last year removed a Diesel Gas system but not stripped all the wiring harness yet. When looking up under the dash to make sure any of my wiring is out of the way of the air-bag, what do I find. The bloody Diesel Gas controller box had been fitted to the bar directly in front of the airbag. Lucky it was never needed in an accident or the controller box would have been fired out the dash with the air-bag.
Whoa! that is an oversight and a half, was it a reputable company that fitted it?
__________________
A Mighty (and Unique) Bronze Manual 2000 ZD30DI
COB 1

My Album
My Build
My Channel
ZD30DI Tech Archives
NADS, So You Bought a ZD30DI
http://powercurve.com.au/
My Dawes valve works fine! Where did I go wrong? .

Domestic Violence Has No Excuse, Rugby League Players Are Not Above The Law.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 06-05-2016, 01:34 PM
geordie4x4's Avatar
Part Of The Furniture Round Here
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Perth
Posts: 7,766
Thanks: 1,238
Thanked 1,301 Times in 998 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeyoutoo View Post
Whoa! that is an oversight and a half, was it a reputable company that fitted it?
Yes, but unfortunately they used a subcontractor (still a licenced auto gas installer with compliance plate etc). After the initial issues I had with mine, they stopped using this guy. But this was a little hidden surprise he left behind.
__________________

GU4, But it is not going anywhere til we rebuild it better, stronger, maybe even a little faster.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to geordie4x4 For This Useful Post:
geeyoutoo (06-05-2016)
  #88  
Old 06-05-2016, 01:51 PM
rumcajs's Avatar
Grenade Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The most expensive place to own electric bulb!
Posts: 2,607
Thanks: 166
Thanked 298 Times in 215 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordie4x4 View Post
So what is your advice. I have all the glove-box and stuff out at the moment after fixing my air-conditioner fan and condenser box. Is it better to give to them with this all out of the way.
I also have last year removed a Diesel Gas system but not stripped all the wiring harness yet. When looking up under the dash to make sure any of my wiring is out of the way of the air-bag, what do I find. The bloody Diesel Gas controller box had been fitted to the bar directly in front of the airbag. Lucky it was never needed in an accident or the controller box would have been fired out the dash with the air-bag.
The tech removed the glove box and he reached in there disconnecting all the wires/plugs required then undid bolts/nuts whatever with ratchet and extension and then pulled the SRS unit downwards out of here. He had to lay on his back on the floor doing it, seemed uncomfortably bad position to be in. The less he needs to remove the better I say, especially if you are concerned about lost screws etc for the glove box attachemnt. I did clear out everything I thought they'd need to remove (centre console wise as well but it wasn't required) Regards
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rumcajs For This Useful Post:
geordie4x4 (06-05-2016)
  #89  
Old 13-05-2016, 08:34 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 871
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Mine is now done. In at 7.30, out at 8.20.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On







Subscribe in NewsGator Online


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 06:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
 

Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.