chassis mount bush springs - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Nissan Patrol and Safari Models > Nissan Patrol MQ/MK

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2017, 09:01 PM

Default chassis mount bush springs

I have searched and read that a few people here have previously replaced the steel bushes in the chassis for the spring shackles, so I was wondering if anyone has the part number or know where I can get the steel bushes to replace them as I couldn't find a part number in the parts catalogue and the local nissan dealer couldn't find one either. Thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2017, 10:48 PM

Garage

I replaced mine when i put new springs in as they came with the lift kit. I would imagine most suspension companies could supply them. Mine came in an EFS kit so you could start with them.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-01-2017, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsy View Post
I replaced mine when i put new springs in as they came with the lift kit. I would imagine most suspension companies could supply them. Mine came in an EFS kit so you could start with them.

I will try them, but I think you are talking about the bush in the spring and not the solid steel ones in the spring hanger on the chassis as the kits I have seen from EFS didn't have them. thanks

Old 04-01-2017, 09:31 AM

Garage

I got the poly/rubber ones and the steel bush in my kit. All bushes were included.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Old 04-01-2017, 09:50 AM

Garage

I got my kit from these guys http://www.carrolls.com.au
I think they are a spring works so It's possible that it's their part and not an EFS part.

Old 04-01-2017, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsy View Post
I got my kit from these guys Carrolls Springs Workshops - Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne
I think they are a spring works so It's possible that it's their part and not an EFS part.

I gave them a ring and they said they only have the spring eyes and spring shackles bushes and not the steel one in the spring hanger mount on chassis. Maybe I will have to remove one and get some made to suit.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:45 PM

I actually ended up getting some today without knowing I was getting them.. I had ordered a new pair of greasable shackles for $50 posted and they actually had the bush / sleeve on the pin that goes in the hanger mount so all I have to see is how easy the old ones want to come out.
Old 06-01-2017, 05:56 PM

My guess is the original bushes won't come out easily
Old 07-01-2017, 11:41 AM
Sell me your MK.

Thanked 1,572 Times in 1,250 Posts
Garage

^x2.
Replaced the steel bushes in my first patrol and they did not want to come out.
I think we ended up cutting through them along their length with a hacksaw in 4 places then belted them out with a bit of steel rod of a similar diameter and a big hammer. It would probably be easier if you can heat them up an oxy torch.

'86 SD33T Deluxe SWB with some things that do stuff.
Old 07-01-2017, 11:45 AM

Garage

I'm sure mine weren't easy but i don't remember having that much trouble with them. Getting the rear shackles in was a ***** of a job with only one pair of hands, if i recall correctly. I think it was hard to fit it past the body with the fixed pins.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Old 08-01-2017, 09:35 PM

I am hoping they won't be too hard as I had a go on a parts car and I found an old ram shaft about 2.5 to 3 feet long in the shed which had a an end that fitted inside the bush and a step that went inside the hanger and got me old man to hold it near the spring mount so I could hit it and not hit him with the sledge hammer if i missed as the bull bar is still on it and with only a couple of hits it had moved 20mm, so I am hoping it will be the same on the car I want to remove them from. The shaft will only get it to move maybe 2/3 of the way until it steps up again, but after moving that far I should be able to get a bolt and push it the rest of the way or even use the new one which I guess I should chuck in the freezer to try and shrink it a bit seeing I don't think you can get dry ice near here anymore.