MK Build thread ! :) - Page 2 - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Nissan Patrol and Safari Models > Nissan Patrol MQ/MK

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-01-2015, 10:11 PM

Garage

Sound good, you have any idea on what im up for cost wise? i just cant stand the brown dash
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-01-2015, 07:15 AM
The Prodigal Child Has Returned

Garage

15 bucks a can, Buy it at auto barn or supercrap autos
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-02-2015, 05:41 PM

Garage

Well finally got my new doors , they look good and hopefully the bloke comes through and gets me the doorskins he ows me, i'll put some photos up later but they definately change the way the car looks.

Old 01-02-2015, 11:07 PM

Garage

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-02-2015, 08:47 AM

Garage

certainly cleans the lines up a bit .
Old 02-02-2015, 04:21 PM

Garage

Cant do much atm because of the total fire ban, other than some cutting/welding(wich i cant do cos of the ban) ive just got to pull the dents out of my sills, im guessing i drill a hole and screw in a bolt or something to pull the dents out? there not too bad, but not so little that i can just fill em with bog :/
Old 14-02-2015, 12:10 AM

Garage

Well ive been slowly pulling/bogging up the sills and ive decided to pull the engine out to clean it up a bit and to deal with a few oil leaks/exhuast leaks,while its out id like to find a better turbo(mines slow to make boost) and fab up a good dump pipe(2.5'' to match the zuast), i was thinking a td04 of an impreza or something,i can buy/make a flange to make one fit that also acts as a spacer so the dump would clear the starter..also i take it it would be a good idea to get the exhuast manifold machined flat before i put it back on(with a genuin gasket)?
Old 14-02-2015, 09:58 AM

Garage

Contact "Landy" on here he is the resident sd33t Nut job, He does a turbro kit for the old girls that really transforms them .
Old 15-02-2015, 09:57 PM

Garage

Well today me and a mate pulled the motor, definately not as easy as pulling an old 253 :/, since i dont have an engine crane or stand i used a block and tackle on a tree to pull it out and put the motor on a little trailer, we then degreased the engine bay and started properly cleaning it, i then started on the old oil/sludge covered sd33t, took the starter off, whent to take my exhuast/inlet manifolds off to find that half the nuts were fingertight:/ (i guess thats my exhuast leak)..... took all that off, gonna sandblast the exhuast manifold at school and paint it, also cleaning evrything on the motor and respraying if its needed, took off the tappet cover sanded it and sprayed it matt black, all in all got a lot done today, and hopefully the motor should be all done soonish, ill put some pictures up when i can, and there will be lots, because we all love pictures.
Old 16-02-2015, 02:59 AM

Garage

me&the brother
[IMG][/IMG]
How lose is the clutch fork supposed to be?
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

intake manifold was full off oil buildup
[IMG][/IMG]
Ports don't look very clean either
[IMG][/IMG]
oil in the turbo( i take it this isnt a good thing?) thinking its from blowby or could the turbo be rooted?
[IMG][/IMG]
Is it worth taking the clutch off and cleaning all the crud out from around it? (the clutch flutters a bit, could this be due to some **** getting caught in it?)
[IMG][/IMG]
lots of sludge
[IMG][/IMG]

resprayed tappet cover with heatproof paint(1000c' with ceramic stuff in it) still gotta do another coat and polish up the shiny bits
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 16-02-2015, 07:21 AM

Garage

all looks pretty normal mate, Oil in the intake is perfectly normal for these motors, I would suggesting running a catch can , it helps a lot with it.

Clutch forks are pretty loose so nothing out of the norm thee either. As for the clutch while the motor is out I wold check it and most likely replace if it is looking a bit average.

second last pic is not coming up but I'm guessing it is the rocker gear yeah they do build up a lot of sludge up the top, but surprisingly the sump is pretty clean.
Old 16-02-2015, 07:44 AM

The more sludge under valve cover, the quieter it runs.
Old 17-02-2015, 11:50 PM

Garage

[IMG][/IMG]

exhaust manifold painted and first section of exhaust getting cleaned up
Old 19-02-2015, 08:23 AM

Garage

Got the little cast dump pipe off the turbo, only snapped 2 bolts and a stud goint to make 2.5-3 in dump with a pyro fitting
Old 19-02-2015, 09:24 AM

Hey mate,

So good to see your progress, i remember when i used to spend all of my time working on the old girls.

So many good times.

There are a few Perth people still running these glorious cars, me included.
Old 19-02-2015, 09:52 PM

Garage

Good times indeed mate!
today i cleaned/degreased the motor
( rather big job ) and took the mq for a little play, i also noticed that the owner before me has welded the rear shackle mounts under the chassis rail, its pretty dodgy but it flexes better than my mk :/...
Old 19-02-2015, 10:11 PM

Garage

Hell keen to get the old girl back on the road, got 1 mate with a patrol(td42 safari) and another 3 with luxes, currently both patrols are being ''prepped'' to destroy some little luxies on the tracks down beela rd/harvey damm way ... at the moment things are going a little slow...moneys a problem

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 19-02-2015, 11:06 PM

Garage

Turbo cleaned up nicely.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-03-2015, 11:03 PM

Garage

Me and a mate cleaned the injectors in the mq the other day, was quite amazed at how much of a difference it made, runs much smoother and was rather easy to do! hoping it makes a difference to the mk aswell, but i guess we'll see when i put the motor back in, also did a bit of research and found i can make up a body lift kit for $62(using the lathe at school to machine blocks), and also had a look at making a 2.5'' dump pipe, altho it seems the paint/body side of things are progressing rather slowly :/
Old 15-03-2015, 11:52 PM

Garage

well today got half of the shorty sanded and removed the body mount bolts, got a few pics of the captive nut coming out, and while doing so noticed that it looks like the rear sections been relaced with some right angle? not sure in this but the metal seemed a lot thiscker than the rest....also ordered the stuff i need to make the body lift(a total of $72)...

in other news this week gonna be intense, i plan on fixing my tacho sende, cleaning my oil cooler,welding up various rust holes, removing the rest of my exhuast (thoughts on a 2.5'' straight through?) swapping my good tyres off, finishing all the sanding and cleaning up the shed a little ...my shed never seems to stay clean

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Have a bolt thats just too ridiculously tight too undo? sick of trying and failing? well fail no more! Introducing the big farkoff steel tube, good for basically anything!
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]