MQ Diff ratios available in Australia - Page 2 - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Nissan Patrol and Safari Models > Nissan Patrol MQ/MK

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2017, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcab View Post
My Hardbody in South Africa runs that very diff with the 4.88 gearing. Just a bugga finding a LSD or locker for it.

Found a 4.88 C200 front end from a 1980/3 MQ for my SFA.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
So David, how much do you want for your c200 ring gear and pinion?

Maybe it will help if you can tell me what motor was in your MQ donar vehicle. L28?

Datsun Patrol MQ '82 RB25DE Neo - LWB
Coils are for old timers
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2017, 07:09 PM

Johan, the front C200 is now under the Sani as my SFA. I have the rear C200 coming out soon to make place for my H260. So that is not going to help you any.

SFA on MQ UTE drivetrain
5" Lift on 33s
2 x TC's with 4.1 gearing

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-01-2017, 01:31 PM

Lsd from D21 Navara will fit thats what prompted me to suggest the gear ratios - but i didn't like it much when I fitted one to my old truck and changed to a Lokka which offered more traction and was nicer to drive.

Old 07-01-2017, 04:33 PM

Charo, can you add some friction plates to the pack to stiffen up the lsd.

We have a member here that has a lokka on the rear of his Terrano 2 with a nice tight lsd on the front. Its a nice combo and unstoppable. (Obviously not the diffs we are using though).

You guys in Aus have a set of friction plates avaliable for the H260 for $8 that I have my eye on. Evidently just about locks that diff up, but could possibly to harsh for my daily driver.

SFA on MQ UTE drivetrain
5" Lift on 33s
2 x TC's with 4.1 gearing

Old 09-01-2017, 06:57 PM

I played with the front LSD for a while before giving up on it - initially in standard form it didn't limit slip enough so i shimmed it up a little and while traction was good my turning circle was huge (even in 2wd with the hubs locked in she would sledge a little before turning). LSD internals (spider gears, shims clutch plates) between C200 and H233 diffs all seem interchangeable from my experience. My old MK SWB had a shimmed up rear LSD (would chirp the tyres turning at slow speeds on tarmac) and a front Lokka - this combo offered excellent traction while only effecting drive ability slightly.
Old 09-01-2017, 07:02 PM

I would like a shimmed rear LSD better than a locker... Think hooning... Combined with the front ARB locker it will be a "pleasure" to drive... get my drift

Sent from my F5 using Tapatalk

Coils are for old timers
Old 10-01-2017, 07:16 PM

Diesel and large tyres kept the tail in line on tarmac - but was quite happy to play on gravel.
Old 05-02-2017, 11:25 AM

Default Another spanner in yourworks

Johann, I haven't being following this thread till now, but for what it is worth I recently bought a complete rear axle assembly just for the sake of a replacement axle . Why? Long story which I won't go into here.

The replacement assembly came with an H233b diff and 4.875 ratio - so they do exist. I think it came from an MK as the brakes were fitted with the self-adjusting shoe mechanism which the MQ never had and which I had not seen before. I think the donor vehicle was a flat-bed ute with SD33 but not certain.

So they do exist in this part of the world - just keep looking. I did ask what happened to the front diff but it had gone. I run 4.375 which with 33s and a 5sp gearbox gives 2,300 rpm at 100kph which works well. Original diffs were 3.9 - great for the open road but tricky on steep muddy descents.

David
Old 13-02-2017, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcab View Post
Off topic question. Can a LSD from a rear C200 diff be installed into a c200 front diff? What gets installed/replaced and does the gears "direction" and ratio have anything to do with it?

Probably. The crown wheel and pinion on the front is reverse cut. Everything else may just fit....

Coils are for old timers
Old 13-02-2017, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_S View Post
Johann, I haven't being following this thread till now, but for what it is worth I recently bought a complete rear axle assembly just for the sake of a replacement axle . Why? Long story which I won't go into here.

The replacement assembly came with an H233b diff and 4.875 ratio - so they do exist. I think it came from an MK as the brakes were fitted with the self-adjusting shoe mechanism which the MQ never had and which I had not seen before. I think the donor vehicle was a flat-bed ute with SD33 but not certain.

So they do exist in this part of the world - just keep looking. I did ask what happened to the front diff but it had gone. I run 4.375 which with 33s and a 5sp gearbox gives 2,300 rpm at 100kph which works well. Original diffs were 3.9 - great for the open road but tricky on steep muddy descents.

David
Thanks David, when time allows I will go hunting for the bits....

Coils are for old timers
Old 13-02-2017, 11:13 AM
Sell me your MK.

Thanked 1,578 Times in 1,252 Posts
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan Safari View Post
Probably. The crown wheel and pinion on the front is reverse cut. Everything else may just fit....
Pathfinders and Navaras with a CA axle code used a C200 rear and some came with LSD's, Skyline's (GT-R's I believe) used an R200 with LSD in the rear.

ARB part number for the C200 front air locker in an MQ/MK is RD202, the part number is the same for 29 spline C200's in the rear of Navaras and Pathfinders, so since the part numbers for the lockers are the same, that would suggest to me that the LSD from one of the above models will bolt in. I believe the MQ/MK front is 29 spline too.

'86 SD33T Deluxe SWB with some things that do stuff.
Old 16-02-2017, 04:53 PM

Garage

All correct James! Also 300Zx Turbo's came with R200's and I'm sure some more.

'83 Datsun Laurel VG30DET 3.0V6 24v turbo