rear side window replacement - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Nissan Patrol and Safari Models > Nissan Patrol MQ/MK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2006, 05:48 PM

Default rear side window replacement

Can anyone confirm whether the MQ and GQ rear side window frames are interchangable. Or does anyone know where I could get a new replacement for my MQ long wheelbase? Thankyou, Jason.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2006, 10:30 PM

I don't think they are interchangeable. If you go back thru some old posts you will find some info there on this subject. You generally find replacements are pretty rusty. One alternative is to put in one piece windows. Any decent glass company can supply and fit.
Old 17-01-2007, 07:07 AM

Default Window frames

Hi, New member here and this thread is getting a bit old but just incase it is still active for some a little information. You can still get new genuine window frames for your MQ LWB. I can actually supply them at around $280 per side. Not the cheapest thing to do but as per the previous reply all the second hand ones are rusty. From memory the frames come with the weatherstrip seals as well. GQ ones will not fit.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 17-01-2007, 12:09 PM

I've heard of marine / boat fitters can make up new stainless frames for about the same price. Maybe should arrange a group purchase

Regards,
g@z.
Old 13-07-2012, 01:45 AM

Like many Patrol owners, I am in need of replacing the rear side windows on my MK wagon. I am currently 1300kms from home where the Patrol is waiting for me to return with some parts. I have read through many threads, but it appears nobody has found a decent solution yet.

Could someone please give me the exact size of the glass I will need to replace the old slide windows. I am going to go hunting around a few shops in the Perth area, to see if I can score any deals on good prices for these. I am going to see if I can organize a deal for all the MQ/MK and other models on the 4x4 forums. I probably wont have any luck, but it doesn't hurt to try hard.

Regards
Old 13-07-2012, 07:42 AM

Garage

Have seen new replacements on EBAY not cheap but fold rather than slide. Made in Aust I think Melb!
Old 13-07-2012, 09:04 AM
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH

The rear side windows arent flat they are curved
So any type of something made from a glass mob will be flat
These windows are around and generally sell for not much,depending on location and freight costs ect
The GQ wagon rear side windows will fit the MQ/MK bodies and vise versa
But due to this and the higher demand from the GQ boys many an MQ/MK side window are sold for more money to those fellas
Last set of side windows only i had for an MQ/MK went into a GQ , the bloke drove 3 hours to get them
Old 13-07-2012, 12:02 PM

Nice info Nizzbits, . pretty sure the the swb and lwb are different, i could check with a tape measure if needed i have both here and a 1 piece glass to go in the wagon
Old 13-07-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MQ MAD View Post
The rear side windows arent flat they are curved
So any type of something made from a glass mob will be flat
Thanks for your further input, I read that from one of your earlier posts. I have to admit I didn't know this, I cant remember noticing the curve on my MK sliding windows, but I wont doubt your observation. I understand if flat glass is fitted your asking for trouble as far as it cracking under the stress at some point. I would think the curve in the glass adds a bit more to the cost compared to flat glass.

Quote:
The GQ wagon rear side windows will fit the MQ/MK bodies and vise versa, but due to this and the higher demand from the GQ boys many an MQ/MK side window are sold for more money to those fellas.
I also read this from your earlier posts, hopefully some places still haven't caught on yet.

Quote:
Last set of side windows only i had for an MQ/MK went into a GQ , the bloke drove 3 hours to get them
Due to the fact they are so hard to come by, I would think even driving that far he still got a good deal and is pretty happy.

I have searched and read quite a few threads here, but I haven't found anyone that has come across an easy practical solution yet, obviously there isn't one really. I think I will just have to widen my search by including the GQ model. I only want to use the solid safety glass instead of perspex or the other types, and I am quite anal with things like this, so I do make things harder on myself.
Old 14-07-2012, 08:26 AM
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK nut View Post
Nice info Nizzbits, . pretty sure the the swb and lwb are different, i could check with a tape measure if needed i have both here and a 1 piece glass to go in the wagon
The SWB and the wagon side rear windows are different
Old 11-08-2012, 10:52 PM
Gone Fishing

$195 second hand here in Adelaide, can anyone confirm how they fit, EG: glass in rubber first then install???? I need passenger side for my GQ

89 GQ TD42
White patrol club#213
DX patrol club# 71
4.2 L Diesel club #65
GQ TD 4.2 CLUB #30

25 Years Overheating with a snapped crank.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:10 PM

Auto moulds and rubbers do a drop in replacement if either a fixed solid bit of glass or a slider setup..
I've just received solid replacements for mine. Here's my WIP build thread.
http://www.mypatrol4x4.com/index.php?/topic/559-Replacement-rear-windows.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:20 AM
Gone Fishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGQWesty View Post
Auto moulds and rubbers do a drop in replacement if either a fixed solid bit of glass or a slider setup..
I've just received solid replacements for mine. Here's my WIP build thread.
Replacement rear windows. - Nissan Patrol GQ/Y60 & Ford Maverick - myPatrol4x4.
Cheers ^^^ just emailed them.

89 GQ TD42
White patrol club#213
DX patrol club# 71
4.2 L Diesel club #65
GQ TD 4.2 CLUB #30

25 Years Overheating with a snapped crank.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Image Verification