Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

sticker glue removal from paint

4K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Burra boy 
#1 ·
Hey,

just wonderin if anyone has some great ideas on how to remove old glue left behind from stickers/car decals. I have these bright orange stickers on the side of my patrol and i know there factory but i want them off. all goes well apart from the last part that involves removing the glue left behind after removing the sticker. The only way i have found so far results in me ending up with a massive blister on my hand.

Anyone have something they know will take this **** off easily and tell me that iv been wasting my time doing it any other way!! (there is a fair bit of sticker;))

Would be great.

Cheers,

Marz

#6 ·
pedrok said:
I use eucolyptus oil and a hair dryer
+1

just the other day i removed the stripes on my 1200 ute and just used prepwash/wax and grease remover.. it didnt affect the 2k paint, didnt fade or anything like that, but doesnt matter as its getting a respray anyway!! :cool:

#7 ·
yeah, iv been using metho and a heat gun. seems to be working the best so far except i burnt the panel a bit in some places so its gone a goldy colour:cry: oh well. i have got that prepwash stuff but it doesnt work as good as metho. the sticker is really old so the glue must be harder to get off or somethin. just have to keep going slow and steady:)

thanks for the info

Cheers,

#8 ·
Prepsol.
Eucalyptus oil + sun.
Orange power.
A1 Disolvit.
A1 Multisolve.
Baby oil.

I use a heat gun, Prepsol & the Orange power stuff at work to remove full body wraps.
Eucalyptus Oil removes them well off windows.

The other 2 are for the real stubborn ones, they also remove tar & sound deadener.

Baby oil works when desperate & you have a paint scraper handy.

#13 ·
there is a thing ya can get called a caramel wheel it's what most spray painters use it's like a soft rubbery grinding disk that has like a drill bit in it that ya use with ya drill works really well leaves an orange stain on the pait but that comes off easly with wax and grease remover

#20 ·
well been through nearly everything i'm going mad :headwall: acetone works well but it just seems to spread the sticky ***** everywhere :headwall: :angryfir: :headwall: I'm nearly to the point of a 4"grinder and a flapper wheel.
Christ why the hell do we start these projects:headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: i still got to take doors off and put on other patrol then spray the whole car and swap motor s and bang me bloddy head against the wall . As you can see i am very frustrated.:anger:

#21 ·
If it makes you feel any better I've spent hours and hours and hours trying to get the glue residue from what were probably those stick on rubber strips with a chrome bit in em - you know, to stop doors hitting your doors - why anyone needs them on a GQ is beyond me - but I CANNOT get the glue off. I've given up - just leave the car dirty...:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.