The Three Amigos. - Page 3 - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Nissan Patrol and Safari Models > Nissan Patrol MQ/MK

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2013, 08:51 PM
The Prodigal Child Has Returned

Garage

That's a bit broken, Hey
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2013, 09:59 PM
Sell me your MK.

Thanked 1,578 Times in 1,252 Posts
Garage

Yeah, just a bit... Fairly pissed off about it too.

'86 SD33T Deluxe SWB with some things that do stuff.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-06-2013, 11:22 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MQ MAD View Post
Same laws just about every other state regarding turbos,your not alone there .....
Same as the no V8s on P plates , and the young fellas are driving new/newish 6s that have more power,go faster,than most older V8s .......
190 KW bog stock FG falcons,200 KW V6 camries,30 % more power than a carbed V8 .....
Turbo diesels aren't fast as such,but develop heaps low down torque than most petrols
Stoopid laws written by dumb ass text book trained, desk jockies .....
Unfortunately it's been caused by Dumbass 17-20 yr old young drivers
every young person and including the young one in us has ruined it for them, all due to most accidents caused by the younger drivers usually cause they have a turbo sports car or a V8 happy to try and show it off. And/or its a donation from the parents, first car, or just don't like the rules.

COME ON THOUGH, who doesn't like the sound of a V8 or turbo!

Jeremy

Old 07-07-2013, 04:31 PM
Sell me your MK.

Garage

Little update, the yellow car is sold.
Bloke came and picked it up today.

makes my decision a little easier as to where my diesel will end up though!

Old 07-07-2013, 06:48 PM

Sweet dude! Get a good deal?
Old 07-07-2013, 08:25 PM
Sell me your MK.

Garage

I think i got a pretty good price considering all the missing bits and broken diff.
Only $100 less than I payed originally (that was thinking the front diff was okay). I'm happy with the price I got anyway.

Old 07-07-2013, 08:34 PM
Sell me your MK.

Garage

Double post.

Old 16-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Sell me your MK.

Garage

Really need to get this bloody silver thing on the road... I hate not having a Patrol.
Also need to find someone to weld some diesel engine and gearbox mounts in for me

I'm thinking of taking a hike up to Brooklyn to see how much they want for this:
WRECKING NISSAN MQ PATROL ***ALL PARTS AVAILABLE*** | Wrecking | Gumtree Australia Brimbank Area - Brooklyn
Might just buy whatever parts are left of it, mostly interested in the body, but the rest looks okay from the pictures...

Old 16-07-2013, 05:23 PM

that wreckers is a joke they make you wait and try and tell you just to make a sale that it is the right part also they dont know anything i ask for mk headlights+brackets and housing they bring me mq headlights i say no not that one they said you want the one with the indicator in the headlight? they dont know anything and over priced
Old 16-07-2013, 05:58 PM
The nutty professor

Garage

Was there oil in that diff ???
Old 16-07-2013, 08:26 PM
Sell me your MK.

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonstrol View Post
that wreckers is a joke they make you wait and try and tell you just to make a sale that it is the right part also they dont know anything i ask for mk headlights+brackets and housing they bring me mq headlights i say no not that one they said you want the one with the indicator in the headlight? they dont know anything and over priced
I haven't bought off them, but I have heard that they're crap and they have quoted me high prices before...
Dunno, thought it may have been worth a shot this time. If I could get the body for $500 ish I might do it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS A FORD NOT A NISSAN View Post
Was there oil in that diff ???
Nope, it was bone dry in there.

Old 20-07-2013, 03:20 AM
Sell me your MK.

Garage

Damn I miss my old shorty....

Wish i had the money to chop it into a ute... Still considering risking a cab swap too...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1374250825927.jpg (39.5 KB, 174 views)
File Type: jpg 1374250840489.jpg (72.5 KB, 181 views)

Old 20-07-2013, 10:43 AM

Garage

do it, do it, Just do it already
Old 13-08-2013, 01:45 AM
Sell me your MK.

Garage

Sorry coils, missed that reply, and hopefully it could happen in the next year or two! I do like the look of shorty utes.

Did some work on the silver thing today too. Pulled most of the interior out. Carpets were full of dust and there was rubbish in every nook and cranny including some old chewing gum and half finished packs of lollies. Yuck.
I was pleased to see no rust on the floors so far, and no evidence of water or mud beneath the carpets.
Tomorrow's job is pulling out the heater unit, last bit of carpet and giving everything a very good clean, which it needs!

Old 13-08-2013, 10:57 PM

Garage

If it were me James, I'd get the silver thing on the road with the l28 and everything you need to make it clean and respectable for rego. (it sounds like you are doing this)

Then when you can drive the silver l28, start on your red car, take your time and do it right, maybe even learn to weld so you can do the cut yourself and custom work to the suspension, Ie extended shock towers, moved shackle hangers or a "ruf".

The more involved you get the tougher the car could be, and it is already stuffed ATM, so you have less to lose.

My 2c.

Mark
Old 14-08-2013, 02:48 AM
Sell me your MK.

Garage

Cheers Mark.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm planning to do.
Might even put the diesel in the silver one, make the red one an L28 turbo ute!

And I'm looking into a welding course as well, 10 weeks night time course. It would be well worth my time learning to weld I think.

Old 14-08-2013, 01:21 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by james008 View Post
Cheers Mark.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm planning to do.
Might even put the diesel in the silver one, make the red one an L28 turbo ute!

And I'm looking into a welding course as well, 10 weeks night time course. It would be well worth my time learning to weld I think.
The way I'm looking at it, you have an l28 patrol and an sd33t patrol.

If you did that swap, you would end up with the same thing, for lots and lots of work, and it still may not be as good as the factory setup.

What I was trying to suggest is you make a daily with minimal work out of the L28 and then go nuts on the sd33t patrol. I'd buy a clean non runner and cab swap it, don't stuff around changing mounts on chassis. In this case its a PITA for no gain.

I'd be insane if I couldn't wheel every now and then.
Old 14-08-2013, 04:03 PM
Sell me your MK.

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko_SJ View Post
The way I'm looking at it, you have an l28 patrol and an sd33t patrol.

If you did that swap, you would end up with the same thing, for lots and lots of work, and it still may not be as good as the factory setup.

What I was trying to suggest is you make a daily with minimal work out of the L28 and then go nuts on the sd33t patrol. I'd buy a clean non runner and cab swap it, don't stuff around changing mounts on chassis. In this case its a PITA for no gain.

I'd be insane if I couldn't wheel every now and then.
I see your point... and not being as good as a factory setup is exactly my reservation with an engine swap.
However an engine swap is legal, but for some reason a body swap isn't legal, otherwise a body swap would be a no brainer.
a new member has posted an add about his non runner shorty in the classifieds, and I'm awaiting a reply about that one. So if i get that, the L28 will definitely stay in the silver one.

Old 16-08-2013, 03:48 PM

Mine had a P40 in it with a 4-speed, I managed to swap it for an SD33 with 4-speed, then that for an SD33T with 5-speed, the only fab work was getting rear driveshaft shortened and front lengthened.
I changed the engine mounts from the original rubber sandwich ones to ones that look like a urethane bush with an M12 stud coming from each end. They were about $40 each. I put them in the front holes on the chassis mount brackets.
I found multiple holes in the chassis mount brackets for the gearbox, with one on either side within 10mm of the studs on the gearbox mounts, so i just slotted the holes a little bit with a round file and it all fitted in sweet as. No welding at all.
Having never seen an L28 I dont know if this is particularly relevant for you, but tell me if it is and I'll go drag myself under the thing and take some photos to post.

Ben
Old 16-08-2013, 05:28 PM

Garage

**** it body swap, and change compliance plates. Do it the right way no short cuts and no ones the wiser. Trust me. I'll even help.