What did you do to your patrol today MQ,MK? - Page 3 - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Nissan Patrol and Safari Models > Nissan Patrol MQ/MK

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2010, 05:17 PM

broke a spring while out playing, anybody got a spare lifted spring and a rear window
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2010, 02:25 PM

Garage

nasty i did that to mine when i had her just clamped the two broken pieces together and she drove fine till i got the new springs (about 4-5 weeks lol) i used a spare srping bracket and u bolts from the drivers side front to hold it together
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-10-2010, 06:40 PM
The Prodigal Child Has Returned

Garage

in the middle of swapping my standard tank out for the long range tank i have. Should be good.
Then i can get rid of my auxillery tank and then mount my a 40litre air tank, then the endless air. .

also long range tank in i can the route my new zorst through .

Old 12-10-2010, 06:44 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wish I had coils View Post
in the middle of swapping my standard tank out for the long range tank i have. Should be good.
Hey mate is it a longranger or something else, need something for my shorty and no room for Aux.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:51 PM

Garage

no idea what it is, looks like a "longranger" might be wrong, should be good. will post some pics of it tommorow to show the difference in size.
Old 17-10-2010, 07:23 PM
Twit

picked up the turbo motor for the patrol today and also got the hub ive been hanging for so got home from that put the wheel bearings in and did up the hub nuts, rebuilt the 2 front brake calipers and reinstalled with new pads did a full bleed to get the air out. very productive day
Old 17-10-2010, 07:38 PM
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH

Got home today to the real flash stainless rear mudguards for the ute
Old 17-10-2010, 09:00 PM

Garage

Flushed the water oil mix out of the diffs and refilled. Warmed up the limited slippery by doing figure eights in the car park, hope do one called the cops as they weren't donuts!
Took the old oil to the tip and found a noise under load, rear diff looks like its pinion bearing time. Should have left the banana skins in there!
I did buy the truck from a used car salesman!
Old 26-10-2010, 03:52 PM

i broke a spring on the weekend too i bent it really well about a month ago and have been wheelin about 4 times since and it finally gave way. also welded up a REALLY quick bullbar to stop my blinkers getting raped every time i go out. trees are no problem now
Old 26-10-2010, 06:39 PM

Garage

friday. stuffed the left hand front wheel bearing. Well not stuff but f***ed it

Locking hub stuffed, hub stuffed, new rotor stuffed, new pads stuffed, cailper stuffed, cv stuffed and bearing stuffed.
So new wheel bearings coming, gu locking rings coming, and trying to source gq hubs and and cvs

new disc ready to pick up, along with the gu locking rings set up and my new exhaust mainfold gasket.

Should be a busy few days, now that i have finished work.
Old 26-10-2010, 07:04 PM

What'd ya do to it?

And GQ hub/CVs? What's the improvement in using the GQ ones as opposed to the MQ's?
I've seen a thread somewhere of a bloke putting MQ swivel hubs on his GQ for some reason or other.

Gotta say, after putting in the GU locking rings, they definitely are a basic must-do mod!
Old 26-10-2010, 07:39 PM

Garage

hey all just finished installing a ARB compressor ready for rear airlocker . swithches installed in GQ console. cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 26102010086.jpg (87.8 KB, 312 views)
File Type: jpg 26102010087.jpg (81.0 KB, 307 views)
File Type: jpg 26102010088.jpg (87.1 KB, 309 views)
File Type: jpg 26102010089.jpg (86.1 KB, 309 views)
Old 26-10-2010, 08:13 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBug View Post
What'd ya do to it?

And GQ hub/CVs? What's the improvement in using the GQ ones as opposed to the MQ's?
I've seen a thread somewhere of a bloke putting MQ swivel hubs on his GQ for some reason or other.

Gotta say, after putting in the GU locking rings, they definitely are a basic must-do mod!
gq cv's are bigger and stronger, so there better have to run gq locking hubs due to the spline count on the cv. mq ones don't fit
Old 26-10-2010, 09:44 PM

Garage
Send a message via MSN to dattopimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigmk View Post
hey all just finished installing a ARB compressor ready for rear airlocker . swithches installed in GQ console. cheers

CUP HOLDERS!!!! I need one of those!

Today I got quotes for the oil and water lines for my turbo. About as far as i got. $330+ !!
Old 26-10-2010, 11:11 PM
Rusty, but Trusty. Most of the time

Garage

So the GQ console fits eh? awsome!!!
Old 27-10-2010, 04:40 AM

I am doing a conversion from MK to Y60 axles and also spoa.
The rear driveshaft will be running a bigger angle and is to short.
So started to grind away some material with a tube grinder where the uni joint is binding.
I have to be able to make the right angle before I can determine the correct length.
When ready I will extend the shaft itself.

When I'm done with the conversion I will make a topic and post the pix.
Old 27-10-2010, 04:14 PM

Garage

yeah no worries on the console abit tight but it fits. and the cup holders set me back $30 new.
Old 27-10-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dattopimp View Post
CUP HOLDERS!!!! I need one of those!

Today I got quotes for the oil and water lines for my turbo. About as far as i got. $330+ !!
My oil line was $90 and is braided stainless.
I made the oil drain myself for about $30.
Fittings to turbo $15 each
90 degree hose tail barb fittings for water lines $20 each
I also added an 85 micron inline filter to mine which was $80 plus $50 of fittings!

Water lines I teed into my heat hose feed/return. Use a T pieces on the feed with the straight going to the turbo and then a Y pieces on the return side.
Y piece is $18
T piece is $12

It soon adds up!!
Old 27-10-2010, 07:20 PM

Garage

Mate, I wish i had helpful people like you around here :S I was going to go T pieces with a 3/8bsp thread and have threaded fittings on one end and the banjos on the other. I was looking at stainless braided water lines too though I figured if i'm gettin a bling oil line may as well bling the water lines too. The Oil return is just about sorted anyway using the bits I had lying around.

So you're not using banjos on the turbo end? Only screw in?
Not going to bother with an oil filter...
Old 27-10-2010, 07:22 PM

Garage

Uhhhh one other thing man, you have your fittings the wrong way round lol. The top hose is the feed line...