MK Build thread ! :) - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Nissan Patrol and Safari Models > Nissan Patrol MQ/MK 160/260 series

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-01-2015, 03:27 AM

Garage
Talking MK Build thread ! :)

Hey guys!, thought it was time i started a build thread for my shorty so here it is, i hope its in the right section.
Anyway i bought the old girl from a bloke in perth for $2500, its a 5 speed 1984 mk swb with an sd33t, it was one of the cleaner ones around at the time but still had a little bit of rust and a few dents, it came with near new 31'' bighorns, metal flares(not on the car) a few subs, air compressor and for an extra 1oo bucks he threw in a new winch! ive had it a while now and done quite a few things to it but i'll start of with a few pics of when i first got the old girl home! (also put up a pic of my last ''mq'' patrol)

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 15-01-2015, 04:39 AM

Garage

So heres a few of the mods i did soon after.

Modded the steel bar and fitted the winch,
Relocated the winch solenoid into the engine bay,
Finished fitting the 6x9''s in the rear,
Fitted my eclipse 12'' sub and amp,
Fitted a dual battery system,
Made a bracket for the boost gauge,
Resprayed the rims satin black,
bought new ballasts for the HID rallye 4000's,
mounted the ballast in the engine bay,
Removed tyre carrier(rattled to much),
Replaced the ****ty sony headunit with a good pioneer one,
Put some new 6.5'' Alpine speakers in the front doors,
Fitted a 4 channel amp,
Upped the boost to 10psi,
Fitted 2in rockcrawler leaf springs in the front(bought from 4wd1)
had to use an oxy to get the old leafs off,
removed the sway bar,
Fitted a HD Foam cell ironman steering damper..

That brings us up to date on whats been done, now for pics (there will be lots)

Fitting leafs-
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 15-01-2015, 04:41 AM

Garage

Pics Continued-

Bracket For The Boost Gauge-
[IMG][/IMG]

Relocated winch solenoid and HID Ballasts-

[IMG][/IMG]

Painting The Rims-
[IMG][/IMG]

New front speakers and some subs me and a mate hooked up for ****s&giggs-

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 15-01-2015, 04:55 AM

Garage

And of course just a few shots of shorty in action!

[IMG][/IMG]

Made it up this
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 15-01-2015, 11:43 AM
Sell me your MK.

Thanked 1,672 Times in 1,320 Posts
Garage

Good looking MK mate.

'86 SD33T Deluxe SWB with some things that do stuff.
Old 15-01-2015, 05:39 PM

Garage

Bought an mq with a mint running sd33 for a parts car, its still liscenced so might fix it up a bit and sell it later on, with it came a mint canopy with rust free side windows that has now replaced my ****ty old canopy, also plan on using the rear bar, which is straight and standard as apposed to my bent up old one and the rubbers flares off it, its had a guard chop and it and actually looks pretty good. ive also used the tailgate off it as it was straight and didnt have brackets all over it.
Old 15-01-2015, 06:57 PM
Sell me your MK.

Garage

Pity you're over in WA, otherwise I might be interested in the second car you bought. Provided its rust free.

Old 15-01-2015, 10:24 PM

Garage

its got a little bit of rust, but if i end up selling it i'll fix it and give it fresh coat of paint anyway, on another note i just bought a pair of gq front doors for the mk, just gotta see if i can organise a lift into perth to pick em up( L plates).
Old 15-01-2015, 10:39 PM
Sell me your MK.

Garage

As long as the rust isn't in the roof gutters it shouldn't be too hard to fix. But roof rust spells trouble more often than not. My only prob with buying cars with rust is that I can't weld.
How come you're going to GQ doors?

Old 16-01-2015, 12:14 AM

Garage

I saw it done a while back and thought they looked real good on the mk's, and on top of that i like the mirrors. apparently they got more bracing in them too and the nicer trims an added bonus, so once my doors got real bad(quarter window seals gone, window rattles, hinge drop ect i thought id upgrade. plus im at the stage of doing bodywork/stripping the old girl so thought id get the doors now and redo them
Old 16-01-2015, 12:32 AM

Garage

A few pics of were its at now, treating rust hitting out dents, sound deadening(back) and just general body work.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
Old 16-01-2015, 11:48 AM
The Prodigal Child Has Returned

Garage

Nothing wrong with GQ doors .

Sent from Alf Stewart's rape dungeon .
Old 19-01-2015, 05:39 PM

Garage

My 86 Mk wagon front doors are still good so I fitted all the Gq gear the full glass door and everything fits perfect no drilling just a strait out swap mq doors have different inner weather seal clips but mk same as the gq and door seals are the same too .
Old 24-01-2015, 11:14 AM

Garage

well, been slowly stripping the old girl down and after much thought its either going to be painted a red/maroon or white, originally was going to paint it blue but we got 2 other blue cars and everything seems to show up on them, so ive just got to finish stripping the interior and engine bay and then i'll be ready to start on the harder body work( cutting and welding in new body mounts, guard trimming ect) when i started taking everything out off the engine bay i noticed there seems to be heaps of plugs for things that arent there, would this be for foglights and stuff that came out on the european models? and is it just me or do mk's have a ****load more things in the engine bay than mq's? aha anyway ill post some pics soonish of what its at
Old 24-01-2015, 12:14 PM

Garage

Shocks are 3.5'' too short

[IMG][/IMG]

I seem to have a really bad shackle angle, im holding out on fixing this until i get some extended shackles.
[IMG][/IMG]

I Trimmed underneath the indicators a bit coz they were full of rust.
[IMG][/IMG]

Pulling the dash to bits, thinking of spraying it satin black, will acrylic paint be ok for this? coz i think i'll have some left over after i spray my canopy.
[IMG][/IMG]

Is there any particular way i should go about removing the aircon piping? it needs regassing anyway and i need to take it out to paint. do i need to depressurise it or anything?(sorry if its a stupid question)
[IMG][/IMG]

My left hand rear guard is pretty much screwed, so does this warrant a guard chop? was thinking of taking off about 35mil(enough to cut out most the cancer). bit thats got me concerned is whether or not to roll the guards/weld in a lip, because the flexy flare iv'e got screws onto the flat bit of the panel not the lip, so am i right to not roll the guards or will it make the panel too flimsy?
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 24-01-2015, 06:17 PM

Garage

Your a/c well just undo the fitting and let it vent to the atmosphere ( don't breath) Not the right thing to do, Your meant to get it evacuated by a/c person.

Your guards well there is 2 skins meeting each other there so a would weld a lip or something on there.
Old 25-01-2015, 12:20 AM

Garage

aha thanks coils i did just that, but thankfully there wasnt any gas in it,so ima be taking all the a/c stuff besides the compressor out and making an endless air system with it, The old boy did it to his and it worked mint, also stripped the interior as far as im going to so the inside is basically ready for sanding and primer(besides the body mount i havent fixed yet), also test fitted my flares and they look mint, heaps better than the factory steel ones i got! and for colour im thinking a nissan cranberry red(got a mate with a gq and it looks good), or a maroon.

Inside; looking rather bare
[IMG][/IMG]

Flares are just a dodgy job atm but will put them on properly later.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 26-01-2015, 08:47 PM
Sell me your MK.

Garage

I wouldn't paint the dash unless its badly faded. Mine was done by the P.O. in acrylic I think, it's flaking off quite badly.

Old 27-01-2015, 11:20 AM

Garage

My dash is done with vinyl spray, Has held up quiet well.
Old 27-01-2015, 04:25 PM
Sell me your MK.

Garage

My old man did his Gemini dash in vinyl paint too.
After sitting in a paddock for about 25 years with no windscreen, it's still hanging onto about half the dash, so it's definitely better than acrylic rattle cans.