Replacement Sanden AC Compressors for MK SD33T - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Nissan Patrol and Safari Models > Nissan Patrol MQ/MK 160/260 series

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2016, 10:57 AM

Garage
Default Replacement Sanden AC Compressors for MK SD33T

Hi Guys,

Did a bit of a search and found a little bit of information, but wanted to confirm with some of the guru's about the AC Compressors in MK/MQ patrols.

My AC Compressor basically needs replacement. After multiple visits to a certain Brisbane mechanic, they've finally figured out the compressor has a leak and have told me it'll be $1500 to get a new compressor/get mine reconditioned. After picking myself back up off the floor I kindly told them no thanks.

Have since done a bit of research and have found that the AC compressor is a 'Sanden' unit, pretty widely available it appears. *I think* the model in my Patrol is an 'SD510' (I'll confirm this when I pick up my car from the mechanics later today).

There are a few different Sanden compressors on Ebay, one is this one pictured below, in Qld for $390. Fair amount cheaper than what I've been quoted. Anybody ordered a replacement off Ebay and have any comment about which model you bought etc? There are a lot of Chinese knock-offs on there too to be wary of I'd imagine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Rich
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sanden compressor.jpg (16.0 KB, 71 views)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2016, 01:06 PM

hello there I,m in the processes of fitting aircon to mine but mine is l28 but I brought the whole set up off a dude and it was out of a deseil and the compressor I got with it is the sd7h15 don,t no if that's the factory one or not cause the dude gave me 2 tyres
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0808.jpg (20.6 KB, 72 views)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-12-2016, 02:31 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteutes308 View Post
the compressor I got with it is the sd7h15
Thanks bruteute! I've seen this model for sale on Ebay too. Would you also be able to post a picture of the back of the compressor? I want to compare the different compressor heads out there and also connections etc that are around. Once I figure this out it might be useful information to all.

Cheers,
Rich

Old 06-12-2016, 04:30 PM

is this what u need let me no I can take more pic for ya
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0813.jpg (36.9 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0815.jpg (33.1 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0817.jpg (36.3 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0820.jpg (36.5 KB, 73 views)

Last edited by bruteutes308; 06-12-2016 at 04:40 PM. Reason: **** pictures
The Following User Says Thank You to bruteutes308 For This Useful Post:
rtd (06-12-2016)
Old 06-12-2016, 06:07 PM

Garage

Thanks mate that's identical to what I've got on mine as far as I can tell
Old 07-12-2016, 09:02 AM
Sell me your MK.

Thanked 1,672 Times in 1,320 Posts
Garage

The OE compressors are Hitachi units, SWP167 for the SD33/T and SWP123 for the L28, not sure which the P40 used.
They might be rebranded Sanden units, or there may be a Sanden equivalent but I can't say for sure, haven't looked into it.
$1500 seems expensive for a rebuild considering remanufactured can be bought for well under $4-500.

The diesel compressor is a fair bit larger than the L28 compressor, a few of the A/C lines are different, and they mount in different locations so you may come into a couple of issues bruteutes.

'86 SD33T Deluxe SWB with some things that do stuff.
Old 07-12-2016, 10:21 AM

Garage

Hope this doesn't confuse you more, but this is the unit on my 33T shorty.
It either says SD6H14 or SD8H14

I think it's a 6 though.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Old 07-12-2016, 01:59 PM

Garage

Thanks for that info James. Do you have any pictures of the compressors on your shorty's?

Throws a bit of a spanner in the works, but now my thinking is maybe the Sanden 'SD5H14' and the 'SD7H15' are both direct replacements for the original unit, and a lot of these old buses would have had their compressors swapped out I'd imagine.. anyone know if there would be issues running the original compressor with r134a?

Thanks Nutsy - I *think* it'll be an 'SD5H14'. The compressor in my shorty looks similar to however the writing on the sticker has all come off and I can't make out the exact model.

Rich
Old 08-12-2016, 05:00 PM

no problems so far the compressor mount is from a L16 and has been butched to fit and work with that sanden compressor and all the lines are on new o rings. getting gassed next week. the high pressure line is abit longer it seems that's the only thing I can see so far
The Following User Says Thank You to bruteutes308 For This Useful Post:
james008 (09-12-2016)
Old 09-12-2016, 06:13 AM
Sell me your MK.

Garage

I meant to post these photos the other day but I completely forgot sorry.

The compressor will need to be rebuilt to use R134a, but I'll be using stuff called HR12 which is supposed to be compatible with R12 systems and give similar performance.

Old 21-12-2016, 05:37 PM

just a question does anyone no if 2 thermos fans set to push air be better then one for cooling the ac system ?
Old 22-12-2016, 11:49 AM

Had a issue with overheating ...maybe because of the chev conversion, but I fixed that with a small fan mounted on the front of condenser....thermostat controlled with a overide switch in cabin
Old 22-12-2016, 03:56 PM
Sell me your MK.

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteutes308 View Post
hello there I,m in the processes of fitting aircon to mine but mine is l28 but I brought the whole set up off a dude and it was out of a deseil and the compressor I got with it is the sd7h15 don,t no if that's the factory one or not cause the dude gave me 2 tyres
Does your reciever/drier have the sight glass on top and the inlet and outlet on the same side? And did you get it replaced when you had the A/C gassed up?

Old 10-01-2017, 11:15 AM

mine has in one side out the over and yes has sight glass part number is RD0134 the AC dude fitted it when he got here. the brand is jayair I think. the only diff from the one I brought second hand is the pressure switch. old one came out the side this one sits on a angle
Attached Images
File Type: png RD0134_tag_1.png (57.4 KB, 26 views)
Old 10-01-2017, 07:52 PM
Sell me your MK.

Garage

Thanks for that mate.
My reciever/drier has both inlet and outlet on the same side, I've been to a few parts stores and no one could find one to fit.

It had a Nissan part number on the side, so I might have to suck it up and order one from Japan.

Old 10-01-2017, 11:18 PM

Speak with these guys!!!!

http://speedyairspares.com.au/

I sent them photos and part numbers and they provided not just replacements but recommended cheaper, newer, more efficient parts.

Sent from mTalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Jonesy_sa For This Useful Post:
Johan Safari (11-01-2017)
Old 11-01-2017, 08:45 AM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy_sa View Post
Speak with these guys!!!!

Speedy Air Spares

I sent them photos and part numbers and they provided not just replacements but recommended cheaper, newer, more efficient parts.

Sent from mTalk
Mate, thanks heaps for that, will definitely be using these guys!

Cheers,
Rich
Old 12-01-2017, 05:30 PM

Keep us posted on how it works out. Cheers

Sent from mTalk