The Three Amigos. - Page 2 - Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum, Photos, Directory

Go Back   Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum > Nissan Patrol and Safari Models > Nissan Patrol MQ/MK 160/260 series

Patrol4x4.com is the premier Nissan Patrol Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2013, 12:50 PM
Part Of The Furniture Round Here

LOL ^^ Well put
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2013, 05:21 PM
Sell me your MK.

Thanked 1,672 Times in 1,320 Posts
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MQ MAD View Post
Same laws just about every other state regarding turbos,your not alone there .....
Same as the no V8s on P plates , and the young fellas are driving new/newish 6s that have more power,go faster,than most older V8s .......
190 KW bog stock FG falcons,200 KW V6 camries,30 % more power than a carbed V8 .....
Turbo diesels aren't fast as such,but develop heaps low down torque than most petrols
Stoopid laws written by dumb ass text book trained, desk jockies .....
Exactly right. P plate laws are a joke.
An old VB commodore with a 253 makes, what 85kw or so, and 100kw with dual exhaust. Current commodore base spec 190kw, SV6 makes 210kw.
Thats what you get when you put retards in charge with no common sense.

'86 SD33T Deluxe SWB with some things that do stuff.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-04-2013, 05:50 PM
The Prodigal Child Has Returned

Garage

Can't fix stupid
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 12-04-2013, 07:27 PM
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by james008 View Post
Exactly right. P plate laws are a joke.
An old VB commodore with a 253 makes, what 85kw or so, and 100kw with dual exhaust. Current commodore base spec 190kw, SV6 makes 210kw.
Thats what you get when you put retards in charge with no common sense.
Yep plain firkin crazy ............
My daily ford ute 165 KW ,weighs around 1.5 tonne,can do the max legal speed limit in 2nd gear, fries the 16" low profile rears like anyones business and yep p plate friendly ,all from a stock 12 year old 6 pot ........
Old 12-04-2013, 09:17 PM

Garage

dont forget the little rice burners too,some have 160 kw and wiegh about a tonne.
most of these new cars have drivers aids anyway, so if the computer s**ts it self halfway around a corner at a speed greater than you would in a normal basic car , your stuffed and who thought of putting in auto reversing park assist in small hatch backs, its piontless, if you cant park a small hatchback into a parking space you shouldnt be driving in the first place. i get wierd looks when i reverse park my truck into a parking spot where a normal car had failed( auto reverse park assist in a truck would have merrit, "big things into tight places")but i dont need any of these aids anyway except reverse camera for those dumd a*** that deliberly walk out behind you

new cars have to much technology taking away the "art" of driving and the point of control and completely lost control narrowing down to a fine line
Old 12-04-2013, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unstatelymanor View Post
dont forget the little rice burners too,some have 160 kw and wiegh about a tonne.
most of these new cars have drivers aids anyway, so if the computer s**ts it self halfway around a corner at a speed greater than you would in a normal basic car , your stuffed and who thought of putting in auto reversing park assist in small hatch backs, its piontless, if you cant park a small hatchback into a parking space you shouldnt be driving in the first place. i get wierd looks when i reverse park my truck into a parking spot where a normal car had failed( auto reverse park assist in a truck would have merrit, "big things into tight places")but i dont need any of these aids anyway except reverse camera for those dumd a*** that deliberly walk out behind you

new cars have to much technology taking away the "art" of driving and the point of control and completely lost control narrowing down to a fine line
Haha bit off topic but i completely agree with you mate, driving isnt driving anymore.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:07 PM
Sell me your MK.

Garage

x2, agree completely!
Especially agree on the park assist on small cars.

Old 15-04-2013, 07:54 PM
Sell me your MK.

Garage

Got a bit done over the past couple of days:
- lubed up the tailgate a bit so it operates better.
- replaced the full length spare/jerry holder with a half length spare holder. I even painted all the bolt heads silver so they don't look so out of place.
- Gave it a good wash and polish, looks much better now. But I went and ruined that by getting dirty, rusty overspray from WD40 etc all over it.
- Cleaned the interior and put armour all on all over the interior.

Car looks a lot neater now, which I'm quite happy with. I replaced the tyre carrier because the full length one is bent, and doesn't close properly which is annoying and one of the brackets is frozen with rust. I'll need to make up/buy another telescopic light pole so I can mount my rear light again.
I also found that one of my quarter panels is full of water! Not sure how it got there, must have been something when I was washing the car.
And theres the old bog and cardboard trick going on in the other rear quarter. A bit dodgey, so might fix that if I get the time, but its okay for now.

Old 23-04-2013, 06:08 PM
Sell me your MK.

Garage

After having Old Red sitting for a couple of months I thought I would charge up the battery and fire her up... Apparently not..
Chucked the battery on the charger, it'd flick up to 8 amp for 30 secs or so then flick down to 0, just kept doing that, and the battery was hissing and leaking a bit of acid so I'm guessing its pretty well stuffed.
Tried to charge two other batteries, one just would not take charge, the other took about 0.5 amps for a while, so I left it overnight to see if it would revive, but when I checked next it too was flicking up and down from 0 to 8 amp.
Chucked the original battery back in for whatever reason, and this time it pulled 6 amps for about 5 mins, then the charger did the same 0-8 flicking. Damn.
Disconnected the battery charger and thought I'd give it a spin anyway as it was showing 7-8 volts on the dash. It did about half a crank, then the starter just clicked... Anyway, when I turned the key off the DPC module made a grinding noise. Fkn hell, pretty sure I killed it. Fkn pissed off about it, because personally I just don't want a choke cable type arrangement.
Not much point doing anything until I do a diesel conversion anyway, but still annoying.

Old 23-04-2013, 06:56 PM

Garage

Ahhhh just pull it apart, very basic easy to fix.
Old 23-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Sell me your MK.

Garage

Thanks coils. I might have a crack at it.

Old 25-04-2013, 05:27 PM
Sell me your MK.

Garage

Put another battery in and gave her a crank today, and the DPC was all sweet.
Not sure why, but I'm not complaining.

Old 29-04-2013, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Put another battery in and gave her a crank today, and the DPC was all sweet.
Not sure why, but I'm not complaining.
yeah man I've heard that grinding sound before too, never broke though

btw im chilling in burwood atm haha, its crazy driving around in melbs with the shorty. Also roof off has been epic
Old 29-04-2013, 05:56 PM
Sell me your MK.

Garage

It seemed to fix itself up once I put a battery with a bit more juice in. No problem since, and I've started it 3-4 times.

How are you liking Vic? And the fking ridiculous Melbourne traffic?
Shortys look sweet with the top off! How long has it been off for?

P.S, avoid the Monash freeway when possible, especially peak hour. It just turns into a big carpark.

Old 29-04-2013, 06:58 PM

Quote:
It seemed to fix itself up once I put a battery with a bit more juice in. No problem since, and I've started it 3-4 times.

How are you liking Vic? And the fking ridiculous Melbourne traffic?
Shortys look sweet with the top off! How long has it been off for?

P.S, avoid the Monash freeway when possible, especially peak hour. It just turns into a big carpark.
ahh good work, yeah i used to freak when the ute's dpc did that

yeah its sweet, went for a drive up to the dandenongs today for a look with some mates and had my mate's 21st on saturday night so been pretty hectic
yeah traffic is fked, soo stressful ha

Oh btw, do you have a pair of working struts for the rear glass? Mine are farrrkked
Old 29-04-2013, 07:24 PM
Sell me your MK.

Garage

Yeah, not a nice noise.

I was up at the Dandenongs yesterday and visited a few towns around there with the missus.
Lovely area, awesome views and and some nice, twisty roads. I was driving her little Mazda, so I had plenty of fun in the corners.

The pair on the silver MK half work... but they're for a steel canopy and I quite like having not having to hold the glass up with a piece of wood, so I'm not getting rid of them sorry.
All my other pairs don't work at all, but I think you can get them refurbished for fairly cheap.

Old 29-04-2013, 09:05 PM

Garage

hey boo I'll see if I can chase set up for you. might be able to get some from DJ.
Old 30-04-2013, 12:04 AM

Quote:
I was up at the Dandenongs yesterday and visited a few towns around there with the missus.
Lovely area, awesome views and and some nice, twisty roads. I was driving her little Mazda, so I had plenty of fun in the corners.
yeah its a sweet spot aye, cornering in the shorty wasn't too bad on the way down, well.. at least my toes weren't curling.. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wish I had coils View Post
hey boo I'll see if I can chase set up for you. might be able to get some from DJ.
thanks coils, that'd be great.. I've actually packed in a length of flat all the from northern nsw just to hold my rear glass up haha
Old 08-06-2013, 04:24 PM
Sell me your MK.

Garage

Been a while since I've updated this, although there isn't much to update on.
The yellow car, which was the most likely candidate for the V6 has now had another change of pace.
The deeper I dig with that car, the worse it gets... I was having a look under the bonnet to try and find any identifying marks on the bellhousing, then noticed the input for the front diff was loose. Decided to have a look inside, and behold a fkn broken diff! The d*ckhead that sold it to me failed to mention that bit...
So, now the yellow car isn't for sale anymore. I just can't sell a car with a broken diff in good faith, don't wanna rip anyone off.
I wanted to chop the red car into a ute, but I think the best thing is to chuck everything from the red car into the yellow one. It'll essentially become my red car... but yellow.
It will also be literally everything going in... panels, interior, motor, axles and diffs, even wiring and brake lines and small stuff... That's gonna be a big job...

Old 08-06-2013, 04:45 PM
Sell me your MK.

Garage

And some pics: