Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

turbo

62K views 290 replies 35 participants last post by  coxsy 
#1 ·
due to the generosity of AMP buying my shares off me, brought a DSRturbo kit today:D 

#13 · (Edited)
the manifold needs a grind on the front lower bolt tag to miss the engine is casting also second bolt in fouls on the casting will need grinding a bit and trim the stud down 5mm
shows here two studs are close to the runners

doing pump mods too , a right royal pain in the ass to get that pump off
have the sump off, glow plugs out, now sits at tdc, power steer moved out of the way, fuel lines to injectors off ,front cover to timing gear off, next is the radiator so i can get timing gear off ,managed to drill a hole in the broken stud hopefully, can get it out tomorrow, the joys of fitting a turbo to a engine of 89 vintage that noone touched till now

#16 ·
Nice man!

I pulled my sump off for my turbo install, when i put it back on it leaked really bad, undid all the bolts again and did them up with a torque wrench. Leak stopped!

Did you have to remove your tie rod to get the sump out?

#23 ·
That's looking good, Coxsy, but why did you remove the sump? I had to take the sump off the ute coz the turbo was a low mount and I had to weld an oil return into the sump, but the high mount on the wagon drains back through the block.:confused:

PS. Isn't it always the furthest stud that breaks? Thank cod for a MIG welder!!!:party:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.